Debate: iPhone 8 Plus Versus iPhone X

iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X

• Total voters

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Thanks! Did you have a 6/6s that you can compare the battery life to?
I had a 6, but switched to the Plus models with the 6S and 7. I remember thinking the 6 battery was awful compared to either Plus model. But I just picked up the 8 at 9 eastern this morning. It'll take a few days before I get any kind of real world idea of day to day battery life.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a 6, but switched to the Plus models with the 6S and 7. I remember thinking the 6 battery was awful compared to either Plus model. But I just picked up the 8 at 9 eastern this morning. It'll take a few days before I get any kind of real world idea of day to day battery life.

Thanks please let me know how it is.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
NP! I'm interested to see how the smaller phone handles battery life. I plan on using JoD to get the X most likely. I may end up getting the 8 Plus instead. I haven't made up my mind on that yet though.

I know the feeling! I was almost sold on the 8 Plus but it's backordered on at&t now until the second week of October so now I rethinking the X.

bobpet63

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
The 8 is way too small, for me anyway. The keyboard feels tiny. I like the size of the phone itself though. I'm coming from a S8+ and a 7 Plus before that, so this thing reminds me of Zoolander. LOL
View attachment 119666

I held my 6 after I'd given it to my son. I could never got back to a smaller screen. I can deal with it feeling like a brick. But I cannot go back to a smaller screen. That's why I still have my MacBook Pro 17". 7 yrs old and still hummin along

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I held my 6 after I'd given it to my son. I could never got back to a smaller screen. I can deal with it feeling like a brick. But I cannot go back to a smaller screen. That's why I still have my MacBook Pro 17". 7 yrs old and still hummin along

I wanted the 17" MacBook Pro before they went away!

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I got a fully loaded refurb when I heard they were moving away from the 17". I had 2. But I gave one to a friend in need of one who didn't have the resources for one.

Too bad they discontinued them 5 years ago! Perhaps I'll search eBay for one. My only complaint about them was the lack of a number pad like the 17" Windows laptops typically have, it comes in handy when using Excel a lot.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the x because my 7+ is a like carrying a brick in my pant pocket

I love everything about my 7+ but the size

I’ve had 3 pluses over the same amount of years & a 6s that ended up giving away because it was to small. Now I’ve ended up replacing my 6s Plus with an 8 & I’ll be getting the x to replace my 7 Plus. Love the screens but they are definitely bricks, especially when you carry 2 of them at all times. The 8 feels small but the fact that it’s light, had me jumping for joy I’ll be use to the small size in a couple of days.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So I bought an 8 Plus this weekend. More than likely returning it to Apple this week. It’s a beautifully designed phone. Cameras are excellent, true tone is really useful, and seeing that it’s thicker and heavier it makes it easier to hold. But I simply don’t feel like going through the motions of selling my 7 Plus just to keep the 8 Plus. It’s not worth the hassle just to upgrade.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So I bought an 8 Plus this weekend. More than likely returning it to Apple this week. It’s a beautifully designed phone. Cameras are excellent, true tone is really useful, and seeing that it’s thicker and heavier it makes it easier to hold. But I simply don’t feel like going through the motions of selling my 7 Plus just to keep the 8 Plus. It’s not worth the hassle just to upgrade.

That’s understandable. I never sell my devices because of that same reason....inconvenience!

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I thought OLED uses less battery life?

The power saving benefit of oled come from not having to light up the entire screen with a back light like you have to do with an LCD. This is why dark themes are preferred.(pixels are not on when the screen renders black) iOS 11 does not have a dark theme as was rumored earlier.