View Poll Results: iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone 8 Plus

10 52.63%
  • iPhone X

9 47.37%
    Thankfully, that has not been my experience. FaceID works better than TouchID for “me”, but as I’ve stated on numerous occasions, TouchID is definitely the faster of the two.
    That’s why I went with the 8 Plus. I use Apple Pay nearly every day and Touch ID is lightning fast.
    02-03-2018 05:14 AM
    8+ -- X isn't getting all the love it deserves IMHO
    02-12-2018 11:54 PM
    Folks will like the X-styled phones more and more. Face ID will get even better, though it’s already good. Once you get used to not having the ginormous bezels using a device with them can feel odd. The gestures get natural pretty quick and tap to wake is nice. That said, I could still easily enjoy an a 7/8+. If they do, in fact, come out with the rumored 6.5” X style that’ll be even better, IMO.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    02-13-2018 02:06 PM
    Folks will like the X-styled phones more and more. Face ID will get even better, though it’s already good. Once you get used to not having the ginormous bezels using a device with them can feel odd. The gestures get natural pretty quick and tap to wake is nice. That said, I could still easily enjoy an a 7/8+. If they do, in fact, come out with the rumored 6.5” X style that’ll be even better, IMO.
    Agreed. People also act like Face ID is much slower than Touch ID. That is false. All you do is swipe up and your in. Not sure how that much longer if even longer at all. Face ID is great for a first generation. I still remember how slow and awful Touch ID was on the first generation scanner.
    nikkisharif and ladyc0524 like this.
    02-13-2018 02:42 PM
    I think Face ID also gets faster and faster on my devices. It rarely fails now so I don’t know if it’s continuing to learn my face. I love just looking at my device and having it unlock. It’ll be interesting to see if Samsung and other Android OEMs can seriously compete. I read that the current gen retina scanners, etc. fail in comparison to Face ID.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    02-13-2018 02:46 PM
    Agreed. People also act like Face ID is much slower than Touch ID. That is false. All you do is swipe up and your in. Not sure how that much longer if even longer at all. Face ID is great for a first generation. I still remember how slow and awful Touch ID was on the first generation scanner.
    Exactly!!! In using both the X and the 8, I’ve found that I enjoy the fact that the X keeps my notifications open on the lock screen, since I have previews set to only show when the device is unlocked. This way I can decide if I want to address them or if I want to ignore them without going all the way into the device. I can’t do that with my 8. I have to unlock the device then pull down Notification Center.

EDIT: Didn’t know I wanted this feature until I had it LOL
    02-13-2018 10:53 PM
181 ... 678