View Poll Results: iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone 8 Plus

11 55.00%
  • iPhone X

9 45.00%
    The plus gets better battery life over the X.
    Attached Thumbnails Debate: iPhone 8 Plus Versus iPhone X-.jpg   Debate: iPhone 8 Plus Versus iPhone X-iphonexvs8plus.jpg  
    11-12-2017 04:24 PM
    I wonder why I don’t have the iPhone X. I bought one, tried to sell it, didn’t make a huge amazing profit so I kept it and gave it to my wife. I went with the ip8, partly because I cracked the screen on my ip7. I love my ip8 but the iPhone X is really nice. So much screen and that’s it. I held it up to my galaxy s8 and the s8 has more bezel on top and bottom. Any ways I always come back the price. The X is expensive and if I thought I wouldn’t have sold it for a bunch of money I probably wouldn’t have bought it. But the price is a big difference especially if you factor in buying a new one every year. I had the 6 plus but have gone with the smaller iPhones since.
    11-12-2017 05:37 PM
    The plus gets better battery life over the X.
    I've noticed that the battery life on my X is almost the same as my 7 Plus with the iOS 11 update, at best.
    11-12-2017 07:01 PM
    I wonder why I don’t have the iPhone X. I bought one, tried to sell it, didn’t make a huge amazing profit so I kept it and gave it to my wife. I went with the ip8, partly because I cracked the screen on my ip7. I love my ip8 but the iPhone X is really nice. So much screen and that’s it. I held it up to my galaxy s8 and the s8 has more bezel on top and bottom. Any ways I always come back the price. The X is expensive and if I thought I wouldn’t have sold it for a bunch of money I probably wouldn’t have bought it. But the price is a big difference especially if you factor in buying a new one every year. I had the 6 plus but have gone with the smaller iPhones since.
    I originally got my X to sell after seeing that they were listed on eBay for over $10k and then on release day when I got mine the process dropped so I ended up keeping it.
    knotsure likes this.
    11-12-2017 07:02 PM
    iPhone X and iPhone 8 plus internal system is same but iPhone X is first Apple mobile which has IPS LCD display for OLED same technology used by Samsung and LG. I think iPhone X is better than iPhone 8 Plus.
    It's the 8 and 8 Plus that uses LCD (along with all the older iPhones). OLED is a completely different technology from LCD.
    11-13-2017 06:51 AM
    Yeah, I had a 7 plus, and now an 8 plus, and the battery is much better on the 8 plus. Not sure what they changed, but it is much better.
    11-18-2017 06:59 PM
    Yeah, I had a 7 plus, and now an 8 plus, and the battery is much better on the 8 plus. Not sure what they changed, but it is much better.
    It’s probably the A11 Bionic.
    11-19-2017 07:00 AM
    It’s probably the A11 Bionic.
    That would be my guess because I think the battery is smaller on the 8 Plus versus the 7 Plus.
    11-22-2017 09:37 AM
    That would be my guess because I think the battery is smaller on the 8 Plus versus the 7 Plus.
    Correct, it is smaller.
    11-22-2017 07:32 PM
    Go for 8Plus it’s the best and still holds Touch ID, on the other hand X looks ugly with that notch and Face ID sucks . I also don’t like iPhone X weired aspect ratio.
    01-22-2018 11:01 PM
    Go for 8Plus it’s the best and still holds Touch ID, on the other hand X looks ugly with that notch and Face ID sucks . I also don’t like iPhone X weired aspect ratio.
    I ended up with an X and hate the notch. Even three months later it's ugly.
    Sunny Sunnysingh likes this.
    01-24-2018 02:51 PM

Are you staying with the X?
    01-25-2018 05:17 AM
    You can sell the X and get an 8+. I think I honestly would have been happier with an 8+ but I’m sticking with both Xes. I do notice Face ID just doesn’t work as well as Touch ID, I end up typing my passcode quite often.
    01-25-2018 07:14 AM
    I think the X is an awesome phone... but I chose the 8+, for many reasons already stated here. I wanted a bigger phone, and touch id. Plus I loved the Gold color (which has pinkish tones).

I didn't care about the notch on the X... and had I chosen the X I would have gotten used to it. I have no regrets at all.

I don't think one is better than the other... I think that we all have different tastes, preferences and needs. This is not a competition... to each his own!
    tadpoles and djrakowski like this.
    01-25-2018 11:49 AM
    I seriously don't notice the notch unless I'm really looking at it. As far as FaceID vs TouchID, for me personally FaceID is vastly superior. I would lock myself out and have to PIN unlock at least once a day on my 6s+ and 7+ because it didn't want to read my fingerprint. Only very occasionally do I have to try a second time to unlock with FaceID and it's usually user error in that case.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-26-2018 05:25 PM

Are you staying with the X?
    I will be keeping it because I already got AC+ on it and don't want to lose money when I sell it. Plus the new Glock 19X is calling my name!
    01-27-2018 11:26 AM
    You can sell the X and get an 8+. I think I honestly would have been happier with an 8+ but I’m sticking with both Xes. I do notice Face ID just doesn’t work as well as Touch ID, I end up typing my passcode quite often.
    Really? I have had no issues with FaceID and I used to always have TouchID issues. The only time I hafe issues with FaceID is when I am wearing a specific pair of sunglasses.
    01-27-2018 11:28 AM
    I seriously don't notice the notch unless I'm really looking at it. As far as FaceID vs TouchID, for me personally FaceID is vastly superior. I would lock myself out and have to PIN unlock at least once a day on my 6s+ and 7+ because it didn't want to read my fingerprint. Only very occasionally do I have to try a second time to unlock with FaceID and it's usually user error in that case.
    I agree, FaceID is vastly superior to TouchID. I used to always have issues with TouchID on my previous iPhones and now the only time I have issues with FaceID is when I am wearing a specific pair of sunglasses. About the only time I prefer TouchID over FaceID is when I am driving and need to unlock my phone.
    DEman19901 likes this.
    01-27-2018 11:32 AM
    ... I do notice Face ID just doesn’t work as well as Touch ID, I end up typing my passcode quite often.
    Thankfully, that has not been my experience. FaceID works better than TouchID for “me”, but as I’ve stated on numerous occasions, TouchID is definitely the faster of the two.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-27-2018 12:09 PM
    Thankfully, that has not been my experience. FaceID works better than TouchID for “me”, but as I’ve stated on numerous occasions, TouchID is definitely the faster of the two.
    When I had my X, I really liked Face ID. It worked perfectly in most situations. The time it was frustrating was if my phone was flat on a table or desk. Having to pick up the phone was less convenient. But I started using my Samsung adjustable wireless charger and it put it at the right angle to solve that problem. Kinda cool to glance over and have the phone unlocked before I could even reach for it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-27-2018 01:10 PM
    I will be keeping it because I already got AC+ on it and don't want to lose money when I sell it. Plus the new Glock 19X is calling my name!
    What’s an AC+?
    01-28-2018 04:16 AM
    What’s an AC+?
    Apple Care Plus
    TripleOne likes this.
    01-28-2018 06:32 AM
    When I had my X, I really liked Face ID. It worked perfectly in most situations. The time it was frustrating was if my phone was flat on a table or desk.
    I usually just lean over it a little & it opens up while on the desk or table, no need to pick it.
    Just_Me_D and djrakowski like this.
    01-28-2018 11:42 AM
    I usually just lean over it a little & it opens up while on the desk or table, no need to pick it.
    That works too. I just found that annoying compared to using a fingerprint scanner. The next best thing was my wireless charger pointing it right at me. Just a glance and it would unlock pretty quickly. Still have to swipe up though. Not a huge deal and didn’t really bother me that much.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-28-2018 12:04 PM
    What’s an AC+?
    Apple Care Plus
    Thanks!
    01-31-2018 12:46 PM
187 ... 5678