View Poll Results: iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone 8 Plus

11 55.00%
  • iPhone X

9 45.00%
    I’m willing to bet the X gets a dark mode in a .1 or .2 update.
    I wouldn’t be suprised if that happens.
    09-27-2017 06:26 PM
    Thanks please let me know how it is.
    After a little time I'd say that my 8 battery life is similar to my S8+. It's not as good as my 7 Plus was though. The 8 isn't bad at all though. I can easily make it though a 12 hr day without worrying about needing to charge.
    10-01-2017 09:14 AM
    Thanks @MooMooPrincess
    You are right, both do have their pros and cons. Battery life is my biggest concern and that alone will be my deciding factor. I currently have a 7 Plus and my battery life is better than my work issued 7.
    The battery on my 8+ blows away my 7+ and that was good
    10-01-2017 09:17 AM
    After a little time I'd say that my 8 battery life is similar to my S8+. It's not as good as my 7 Plus was though. The 8 isn't bad at all though. I can easily make it though a 12 hr day without worrying about needing to charge.
    Thanks!
    10-01-2017 10:12 PM
    The battery on my 8+ blows away my 7+ and that was good
    Thanks! I'm considering purchasing the 8 Plus.
    10-01-2017 10:13 PM
    Thanks! I'm considering purchasing the 8 Plus.
    TBH I would have gotten the Plus if I planned on keeping it. I'm most likely getting the X. If I decide to stick with an 8 model I'll trade the 8 for a Plus. I just got the 8 b/c I was sick of using my S8+ all the time and had a feeling the 8 would be easier to get on launch day.
    10-02-2017 06:09 PM
    TBH I would have gotten the Plus if I planned on keeping it. I'm most likely getting the X. If I decide to stick with an 8 model I'll trade the 8 for a Plus. I just got the 8 b/c I was sick of using my S8+ all the time and had a feeling the 8 would be easier to get on launch day.
    I'm almost certain I'm going to order the 8 Plus
    10-02-2017 06:36 PM
    I'm almost certain I'm going to order the 8 Plus
    Good choice!
    10-02-2017 06:44 PM
    Good choice!
    That's what I'm hoping
    10-02-2017 07:24 PM
    This may be wrong, I’m just going by memory.

If I remember correctly, iPhone X lasts two hours longer than iPhone 7, that was said on stage during its presentation. The Plus models always last around 1 hour longer than the smaller models, which means iPhone X could last longer than iPhone 8, or at least that’s been the impression since it has a bigger battery than both iPhone 8 and 8 Plus and use an OLED screen that uses less power than the LCD in 8 and 8 Plus. iPhone X should last either just as long or longer than iPhone 8 Plus as far as I can remember
    10-30-2017 07:56 PM
    This may be wrong, I’m just going by memory.

If I remember correctly, iPhone X lasts two hours longer than iPhone 7, that was said on stage during its presentation. The Plus models always last around 1 hour longer than the smaller models, which means iPhone X could last longer than iPhone 8, or at least that’s been the impression since it has a bigger battery than both iPhone 8 and 8 Plus and use an OLED screen that uses less power than the LCD in 8 and 8 Plus. iPhone X should last either just as long or longer than iPhone 8 Plus as far as I can remember
    Thanks, hopefully it's as long as the 8 Plus as I have an X coming in on Friday.
    10-31-2017 01:09 PM
    I had both the 8 and the 8 plus and went back the the 8 because the plus was too big and cramped my hand if I held it for long periods of time.

Well, I preordered the X, received it last Friday, sold the 8 and not looking back. The new X feels great in my hand.

Being a Blackberry person, I love the gestures and reminds me of OS10. I am hoping Apple puts their engineering and capital resources into making the gesture concept work.

The X is now my daily driver and I love the device and looking forward to the future of IOS and gestures. Don’t miss the home button at all.
    nikkisharif and DEman19901 like this.
    11-06-2017 09:32 PM
    I am new to iOS and my first iPhone was 8 Plus. I was really impressed with speed and battery performance.

I am a heavy user who attends 50 to 100 calls a day with Skype usage of 30 min or less. And also I do browse for 1 hour or less , WhatsApp, 10+ email syncing, LTE on all the time, reading on Tapatalk etc

With all this it last me a day. I do heard that X last longer, but unless I do test I can’t comment. I am skipping X and will get next year iPhone with improvements.

nikkisharif likes this.
    11-07-2017 08:11 AM
    Being a Blackberry person, I love the gestures and reminds me of OS10. I am hoping Apple puts their engineering and capital resources into making the gesture concept work.
    Yes, I'm a fan of the gestures on my X because it reminds me of my last BlackBerry!
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-07-2017 11:44 AM
    According to some tests, it looks like the iPhone X gets significantly better battery life. I believe this is due to the OLED power savings and one other very important difference I’ve noticed. That major difference is this: iOS 11 is extremely optimized for the iPhone X. I had many strange bugs on my iPhone 7 Plus, to the point of deleting everything and downloading a clean install of iOS 11 from iTunes and restoring my data back on it. It took all afternoon and evening and still bugs persisted, multiple bugs, the entire time in had my 7 plus running iOS 11. I got the iPhone X and started fresh. I haven’t noticed the bugs that were plaguing me since the introduction of iOS 11. Of course they would want their super flagship device to be perfect, and I think they put extra optimization with iOS 11 on iPhone X, since the experience so far has been downright delectable
    11-07-2017 12:20 PM
    According to some tests, it looks like the iPhone X gets significantly better battery life. I believe this is due to the OLED power savings and one other very important difference I’ve noticed. That major difference is this: iOS 11 is extremely optimized for the iPhone X. I had many strange bugs on my iPhone 7 Plus, to the point of deleting everything and downloading a clean install of iOS 11 from iTunes and restoring my data back on it. It took all afternoon and evening and still bugs persisted, multiple bugs, the entire time in had my 7 plus running iOS 11. I got the iPhone X and started fresh. I haven’t noticed the bugs that were plaguing me since the introduction of iOS 11. Of course they would want their super flagship device to be perfect, and I think they put extra optimization with iOS 11 on iPhone X, since the experience so far has been downright delectable
    My battery life is about the same as my 7 plus with the iOS 11 update. So, in other words, it's not the best.
    11-07-2017 12:36 PM
    I am new to iOS and my first iPhone was 8 Plus. I was really impressed with speed and battery performance.

I am a heavy user who attends 50 to 100 calls a day with Skype usage of 30 min or less. And also I do browse for 1 hour or less , WhatsApp, 10+ email syncing, LTE on all the time, reading on Tapatalk etc

With all this it last me a day. I do heard that X last longer, but unless I do test I can’t comment. I am skipping X and will get next year iPhone with improvements.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...be4875778d.jpg
    I still believe that the Plus has better battery life than the X.
    rsidhaarth likes this.
    11-07-2017 07:00 PM
    My battery on the 8 plus is very similar to the X. I’ll be honest, I can’t tell a difference.
    rsidhaarth likes this.
    11-07-2017 10:39 PM
    I still believe that the Plus has better battery life than the X.
    I believe in real life it did so, but in simulated test I do notice that X last 40 mins and more than 8 Plus.

Who cares about the simulated test, iPhone 8 Plus last only 4 hours and more in those test and I am getting 9 hours and more of active usage.

I believe I have one of the best iPhone and happy.
    11-08-2017 05:24 AM
    Does anyone know the sizes of the batteries in the X, 8 Plus, and 8? I'm just trying to see the difference in capacity.
    11-08-2017 04:45 PM
    Size is the main difference most people were not aware of how small the X is. Great device but small screen and some apps are not ready for this screen size yet and it’s causing some issues.
    11-08-2017 05:16 PM
    Size is the main difference most people were not aware of how small the X is. Great device but small screen and some apps are not ready for this screen size yet and it’s causing some issues.
    Yep I think most of the co-workers I've shown it to have been surprised by the size. They thought it was going to be a Plus size with the larger screen. Had to tell them no that's the rumor for next year. I have to agree with one review site I read though that the X is the "goldilocks" zone. Bigger screen in the smaller body. I know it's what I've been hoping for since I jumped from Android two years ago. I liked the size of the phone I had then which was about the size of a 6/6s/etc. but had a bigger screen due to less bezels. The X recaptures that and more.
    11-08-2017 05:28 PM
    Yeah, I’m patienty waiting for developers to update their applications.
    11-08-2017 05:54 PM
    I’m going for the X. I’ve never been concerned about battery life because I’m never far from an outlet or a portable charger. I’m not concerned about face ID vs Touch ID. I could not care less about animojis. I am a little concerned about the removal of reachability but I am most concerned about camera and size and those are the deciding factors. I have had the plus phones since the 6 plus and as much as I love the screen size I hate the overall size and the X perfectly solved that problem.
    Reachability is still available. It's even faster now that it only requires a swipe down to activate.
    btru82 likes this.
    11-09-2017 02:32 PM
    Reachability is still available. It's even faster now that it only requires a swipe down to activate.
    Yeah it’s great. I love all of the gestures so far. That original post was made after the Apple announcement and initial reactions when Rene said it was not included on the X.
    dannejanne likes this.
    11-09-2017 02:35 PM
186 ... 45678