Debate: iPhone 8 Plus Versus iPhone X

iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X

• Total voters

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't complain too much about pricing with Apple because their great products justify my purchases. That said, the iPhone X is sort of like the Apple Watch Series 0. I find it to be a first-gen "beta" version of something that is going to improve much more in its next iteration. So by this time next year I can justify myself spending $1,000 or a little more on it.

I can justify spending $799 for an 8 Plus today because it's an iteration of something we've had already and has its improvements.

But the size, shape, and overall form factor of the Apple Watch has never changed, and my first gen runs fine. I see the point, I just personally don’t agree with it.

For me, I would pick up the iPhone 8 Plus. Having a lower resolution screen will make the performance a tad better and the battery life will be just as good or better than we are used to Apparently media content would also appear bigger because the screen is wider, so that a "plus" for me.

While the iPhone X is absolutely gorgeous and I would love to have it, to me, the extras that the iPhone X provides me isn't really worth the price bump. Especially the $1,149 model.

Battery life on the 8’s are actually a little less than the 7’s, they have smaller batteries to fit the larger haptic engine, wireless charging, and some other internals.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Where's the battery sizes listed?

Apple never lists battery size, we’ll have to wait for iFixIt or JerryRigEverythng to see the actual size. Apple claims battery life is about the same between the models, but I’m quite certain the batteries on the 8’s are slightly smaller. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe they only put the larger haptic engine in the X because it doesn’t have a home button so it has more space. Considering I can’t properly recall if it was a rumor I heard or leaked specs, and most of the rumors were true anyway, I’m still inclined to believe the batteries are slightly smaller on the 8’s.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple never lists battery size, we’ll have to wait for iFixIt or JerryRigEverythng to see the actual size. Apple claims battery life is about the same between the models, but I’m quite certain the batteries on the 8’s are slightly smaller. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe they only put the larger haptic engine in the X because it doesn’t have a home button so it has more space. Considering I can’t properly recall if it was a rumor I heard or leaked specs, and most of the rumors were true anyway, I’m still inclined to believe the batteries are slightly smaller on the 8’s.

I'm just curious as the battery size from the 6 Plus through the 7 Plus have varied:
iPhone 6 Plus 2915 mAh
iPhone 6s Plus 2750 mAh
iPhone 7 Plus 2900 mAh
Since the phones are the same size I'm surprised at the variance in the battery sizes.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious as the battery size from the 6 Plus through the 7 Plus have varied:
iPhone 6 Plus 2915 mAh
iPhone 6s Plus 2750 mAh
iPhone 7 Plus 2900 mAh
Since the phones are the same size I'm surprised at the variance in the battery sizes.

Different internals and levels of progression with them. And Apple is weird. It’ll be interesting to see the actual capacity of the 8’s batteries.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Different internals and levels of progression with them. And Apple is weird. It’ll be interesting to see the actual capacity of the 8’s batteries.

I'm interested in seeing the battery size on the 8 Plus as battery life will determine if I go with the 8 Plus or the X.

Last edited:

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven’t seen Plus yet, but JerryRigEverything just posted an iPhone 8 tear down. The iPhone 7 has a 1960mah battery and the 8 has an 1821mah battery. The batteries of the 8’s are indeed smaller than the 7’s.

Thanks! Any word on battery life aside from what apple said?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Thanks! Any word on battery life aside from what apple said?

It's too early for me to tell so far how my 8 is doing. I can tell that it's not as good as my 7 Plus was or my S8+ is. That's pretty much expected though as they have much bigger batteries.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
It's too early for me to tell so far how my 8 is doing. I can tell that it's not as good as my 7 Plus was or my S8+ is. That's pretty much expected though as they have much bigger batteries.

Thanks! Did you have a 6/6s that you can compare the battery life to?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods