View Poll Results: iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone 8 Plus

11 55.00%
  • iPhone X

9 45.00%
    I'm not dismissing what you're saying, quite the opposite. What phone are you getting?
    I’m skipping this year for 2 reasons.
    1, my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB still suffices
    2, my contract ends next year around this time, allowing me to upgrade to a new iPhone.

For a moment there I interpreted your posts as if you were saying the iPhone X wasn’t that much of an upgrade and not worth the trouble of beta testing. I just don’t agree with the X being a beta product.
    09-20-2017 03:58 PM
    I’m skipping this year for 2 reasons.
    1, my iPhone 7 Plus 256GB still suffices
    2, my contract ends next year around this time, allowing me to upgrade to a new iPhone.

For a moment there I interpreted your posts as if you were saying the iPhone X wasn’t that much of an upgrade and not worth the trouble of beta testing. I just don’t agree with the X being a beta product.
    My apologies for the conclusion! I can see why others think the X is a beta product. Regardless, I enjoy beta testing however battery life is my largest concern right now.
    Tartarus and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    09-20-2017 04:01 PM
    I might be getting the X. I love that form factor!
    09-20-2017 06:15 PM
    I'm definitely going for the X. It hits two big points I'm looking for. Bigger screen than the non Plus model in a form factor smaller than the huge bezeled Plus. Price? Planning on going for the 64GB vs. the 128 7+ I have now. I've only used 42/128GB so far after a year. I had no problems with my previous 64GB 6s+ either and only went 128 because 32 would have been too small. I don't do a huge amount of video and any I do will be quickly offloaded to my PC for editing anyway. So my net cost increase is like $5 a month on the Upgrade Program vs. my 7+ and unless it turns out to be a dud design or something super amazing happens next year, I'll probably hang onto it for the full two year financing of the Upgrade Program this time.
    zachpenguin likes this.
    09-20-2017 06:40 PM
    I might be getting the X. I love that form factor!
    The X is a nice looking phone for sure
    09-20-2017 07:33 PM
    I don't complain too much about pricing with Apple because their great products justify my purchases. That said, the iPhone X is sort of like the Apple Watch Series 0. I find it to be a first-gen "beta" version of something that is going to improve much more in its next iteration. So by this time next year I can justify myself spending $1,000 or a little more on it.

I can justify spending $799 for an 8 Plus today because it's an iteration of something we've had already and has its improvements.
    But the size, shape, and overall form factor of the Apple Watch has never changed, and my first gen runs fine. I see the point, I just personally don’t agree with it.

For me, I would pick up the iPhone 8 Plus. Having a lower resolution screen will make the performance a tad better and the battery life will be just as good or better than we are used to Apparently media content would also appear bigger because the screen is wider, so that a "plus" for me.

While the iPhone X is absolutely gorgeous and I would love to have it, to me, the extras that the iPhone X provides me isn't really worth the price bump. Especially the $1,149 model.
    Battery life on the 8’s are actually a little less than the 7’s, they have smaller batteries to fit the larger haptic engine, wireless charging, and some other internals.
    09-20-2017 08:10 PM
    Battery life on the 8’s are actually a little less than the 7’s, they have smaller batteries to fit the larger haptic engine, wireless charging, and some other internals.
    Where's the battery sizes listed?
    09-20-2017 08:14 PM
    Apple never lists battery size, we’ll have to wait for iFixIt or JerryRigEverythng to see the actual size. Apple claims battery life is about the same between the models, but I’m quite certain the batteries on the 8’s are slightly smaller. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe they only put the larger haptic engine in the X because it doesn’t have a home button so it has more space. Considering I can’t properly recall if it was a rumor I heard or leaked specs, and most of the rumors were true anyway, I’m still inclined to believe the batteries are slightly smaller on the 8’s.
    09-20-2017 08:23 PM
    Apple never lists battery size, we’ll have to wait for iFixIt or JerryRigEverythng to see the actual size. Apple claims battery life is about the same between the models, but I’m quite certain the batteries on the 8’s are slightly smaller. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe they only put the larger haptic engine in the X because it doesn’t have a home button so it has more space. Considering I can’t properly recall if it was a rumor I heard or leaked specs, and most of the rumors were true anyway, I’m still inclined to believe the batteries are slightly smaller on the 8’s.
    I'm just curious as the battery size from the 6 Plus through the 7 Plus have varied:
    iPhone 6 Plus 2915 mAh
    iPhone 6s Plus 2750 mAh
    iPhone 7 Plus 2900 mAh
    Since the phones are the same size I'm surprised at the variance in the battery sizes.
    09-20-2017 08:30 PM
    I'm just curious as the battery size from the 6 Plus through the 7 Plus have varied:
    iPhone 6 Plus 2915 mAh
    iPhone 6s Plus 2750 mAh
    iPhone 7 Plus 2900 mAh
    Since the phones are the same size I'm surprised at the variance in the battery sizes.
    Different internals and levels of progression with them. And Apple is weird. It’ll be interesting to see the actual capacity of the 8’s batteries.
    09-20-2017 08:32 PM
    Different internals and levels of progression with them. And Apple is weird. It’ll be interesting to see the actual capacity of the 8’s batteries.
    I'm interested in seeing the battery size on the 8 Plus as battery life will determine if I go with the 8 Plus or the X.
    Last edited by ItnStln511; 09-20-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    09-20-2017 08:58 PM
    T
    I'm interested in seeing the battery size on the 8 Plus as battery life will determine if I go with the 8 Plus or the X.
    Size of the battery doesn't tell everything about battery life. Personally, I don't see it matters that much. Both will perform well.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-20-2017 09:23 PM
    Size of the battery doesn't tell everything about battery life. Personally, I don't see it matters that much. Both will perform well.
    True, but it's a good indicator.
    09-20-2017 09:29 PM
    If you can afford it, get both! Problem solved
    09-21-2017 05:46 AM
    If you can afford it, get both! Problem solved
    I am playing the lottery so that'll be a possibility if I win!
    Tartarus and TripleOne like this.
    09-21-2017 11:13 AM
    I sold my organs and am still short. Have to wait till next year.
    09-21-2017 11:31 AM
    I sold my organs and am still short. Have to wait till next year.
    You just didn’t sell your organs in the right market
    09-21-2017 12:46 PM
    Best of luck!
    09-21-2017 06:58 PM
    Best of luck!
    Thanks! If I win I'll spread the joy around.
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-21-2017 07:11 PM
    I haven’t seen Plus yet, but JerryRigEverything just posted an iPhone 8 tear down. The iPhone 7 has a 1960mah battery and the 8 has an 1821mah battery. The batteries of the 8’s are indeed smaller than the 7’s.
    09-22-2017 04:37 PM
    I haven’t seen Plus yet, but JerryRigEverything just posted an iPhone 8 tear down. The iPhone 7 has a 1960mah battery and the 8 has an 1821mah battery. The batteries of the 8’s are indeed smaller than the 7’s.
    Thanks! Any word on battery life aside from what apple said?
    09-22-2017 04:46 PM
    Not yet, but I know the A11 Bionic chip is supposed to be more power efficient so things should relatively equal out.
    09-22-2017 04:47 PM
    It's too early for me to tell so far how my 8 is doing. I can tell that it's not as good as my 7 Plus was or my S8+ is. That's pretty much expected though as they have much bigger batteries.
    09-22-2017 04:50 PM
    Not yet, but I know the A11 Bionic chip is supposed to be more power efficient so things should relatively equal out.
    Thanks, hopefully we hear something soon.
    09-22-2017 04:53 PM
    It's too early for me to tell so far how my 8 is doing. I can tell that it's not as good as my 7 Plus was or my S8+ is. That's pretty much expected though as they have much bigger batteries.
    Thanks! Did you have a 6/6s that you can compare the battery life to?
    09-22-2017 04:54 PM
186 ... 23456 ...