View Poll Results: iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone 8 Plus

11 55.00%
  • iPhone X

9 45.00%
    I would get the 8 Plus if I were upgrading. I'm waiting until next year for several reasons, including I want to see if a larger version of the X is offered. That, I might be interested in.
    A larger version of the X would be nice!
    09-19-2017 12:11 PM
    If money were no object, I would go with the X over the 8. If the smaller form factor was what I wanted. But I prefer the wider screen of the 8 Plus more than the X screen. If you currently use the 7, you'd probably like the X. I think some upgrading from the 7 Plus to the X may be disappointed in the X screen size, IMO.
    I have the 7 Plus and like the screen so that's a good point as well, thanks.
    09-19-2017 12:12 PM
    That's exactly what I'm doing. I preordered the 8, then using JoD to get the X. I'm currently using a S8+ and can't wait to get back to iOS. I'm worried about the tiny screen on the 8 until I can get the X though. I haven't used a 4.7 inch screen since the 6 was released.
    I haven't used a 4.7" since my 6S, so I'm a little nervous. With that being said, I'm excited to downsize. Friday is almost here
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-19-2017 12:15 PM
    If money were no object, I would go with the X over the 8. If the smaller form factor was what I wanted. But I prefer the wider screen of the 8 Plus more than the X screen. If you currently use the 7, you'd probably like the X. I think some upgrading from the 7 Plus to the X may be disappointed in the X screen size, IMO.
    It's definitely a little odd going from 16:9 to 18:9. I went from the 5.5 inch 7 Plus to the 6.2 inch S8+. The S8+ felt like a smaller screen because it's more narrow. I preordered the 8 so I'm going back down to a 4.7 inch screen. I'm not planning on keeping it though. I'm using JoD to get the X most likely (99% sure). There is a tiny part of me that wants to get back to a larger 16:9 screen, so the 8 Plus isn't quite off the table for me.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-19-2017 12:28 PM
    I haven't used a 4.7" since my 6S, so I'm a little nervous. With that being said, I'm excited to downsize. Friday is almost here
    I only went with the 8 b/c it was $0 down w/ JoD. I would've preferred the Plus. I didn't want to put a down payment on a phone I didn't really have any intention on keeping for very long. I am interested to see what I think about the smaller screen. Going from the 6.2 inch S8+ down to 4.7 is a change to say the least.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-19-2017 12:32 PM
    09-19-2017 01:47 PM
    I like that picture and I've used it a few times!
    09-19-2017 03:07 PM
    I personally think the iPhone 8 Plus looks better. There's no distracting black notch on the screen. You can watch videos without distractions.
    09-19-2017 06:15 PM
    I personally think the iPhone 8 Plus looks better. There's no distracting black notch on the screen. You can watch videos without distractions.
    That notch is hideous!
    09-20-2017 10:35 AM
    That notch is hideous!
    I would say that the price is even more hideous!
    09-20-2017 10:53 AM
    That notch is hideous!
    I don't hate it as much as some do. It doesn't honestly bother me that much. Especially knowing all the tech crammed in there. My issue is with the software implementation I've seen so far. I think Apple could be handling that a little better. Good thing is software can be updated.
    09-20-2017 11:39 AM
    The price is hideous as well! I'm starting to think that @MizWylie and @Retinella are right and that I should just get the 8 Plus.
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    09-20-2017 12:10 PM

The price is hideous as well! I'm starting to think that @MizWylie and @Retinella are right and that I should just get the 8 Plus.
    I don't complain too much about pricing with Apple because their great products justify my purchases. That said, the iPhone X is sort of like the Apple Watch Series 0. I find it to be a first-gen "beta" version of something that is going to improve much more in its next iteration. So by this time next year I can justify myself spending $1,000 or a little more on it.

I can justify spending $799 for an 8 Plus today because it's an iteration of something we've had already and has its improvements.
    09-20-2017 12:14 PM
    For me, I would pick up the iPhone 8 Plus. Having a lower resolution screen will make the performance a tad better and the battery life will be just as good or better than we are used to 😃 Apparently media content would also appear bigger because the screen is wider, so that a "plus" for me.

While the iPhone X is absolutely gorgeous and I would love to have it, to me, the extras that the iPhone X provides me isn't really worth the price bump. Especially the $1,149 model.
    09-20-2017 12:15 PM
    I don't complain too much about pricing with Apple because their great products justify my purchases. That said, the iPhone X is sort of like the Apple Watch Series 0. I find it to be a first-gen "beta" version of something that is going to improve much more in its next iteration. So by this time next year I can justify myself spending $1,000 or a little more on it.

I can justify spending $799 for an 8 Plus today because it's an iteration of something we've had already and has its improvements.
    Agreed! I think the X is too much of a beta product right now and that is why I won't justify the $1,150 price tag.
    09-20-2017 12:16 PM
    Agreed! I think the X is too much of a beta product right now and that is why I won't justify the $1,150 price tag.
    I don’t have that money and don’t need to justify nor dismiss a product beforehand.
    The first version of whichever device has never withheld me of purchasing it though.
    09-20-2017 12:20 PM
    I don’t have that money and don’t need to justify nor dismiss a product beforehand.
    Nobody is dismissing anything here if that's what you're implying. Just because the OP is asking for feedback from enthusiasts doesn't mean he's dismissing it.
    09-20-2017 12:26 PM
    I feel the exact opposite. I love beta testing. Love new technology. I’m all for paying the premium price to have something new to mess around with and help work the bugs out of. It’s a past time of mine really.
    09-20-2017 12:26 PM
    I feel the exact opposite. I love beta testing. Love new technology. I’m all for paying the premium price to have something new to mess around with and help work the bugs out of. It’s a past time of mine really.
    This was honestly my attitude in years past. Then I just stopped caring. I like my products to just work when I get up in the morning. I don't feel like testing anymore.
    09-20-2017 12:28 PM
    This was honestly my attitude in years past. Then I just stopped caring. I like my products to just work when I get up in the morning. I don't feel like testing anymore.
    I agree with both of you as I've beta tested a lot of software in the last fifteen years and enjoy it. However battery life is my number one priority right now.
    09-20-2017 12:51 PM
    For me, I would pick up the iPhone 8 Plus. Having a lower resolution screen will make the performance a tad better and the battery life will be just as good or better than we are used to Apparently media content would also appear bigger because the screen is wider, so that a "plus" for me.

While the iPhone X is absolutely gorgeous and I would love to have it, to me, the extras that the iPhone X provides me isn't really worth the price bump. Especially the $1,149 model.
    Great comments! I'm mainly concerned with battery life and is the X worth $200 more than the 8 Plus.
    09-20-2017 01:08 PM
    The first version of whichever device has never withheld me of purchasing it though.
    I'm not dismissing what you're saying, quite the opposite. What phone are you getting?
    09-20-2017 01:10 PM
    Nobody is dismissing anything here if that's what you're implying. Just because the OP is asking for feedback from enthusiasts doesn't mean he's dismissing it.
    Exactly! I am getting better feedback here versus my co-workers, so thanks everyone!
    09-20-2017 01:11 PM
    It's definitely a little odd going from 16:9 to 18:9. I went from the 5.5 inch 7 Plus to the 6.2 inch S8+. The S8+ felt like a smaller screen because it's more narrow. I preordered the 8 so I'm going back down to a 4.7 inch screen. I'm not planning on keeping it though. I'm using JoD to get the X most likely (99% sure). There is a tiny part of me that wants to get back to a larger 16:9 screen, so the 8 Plus isn't quite off the table for me.
    The s8+ was 18:9? The X is 19.5:9, with a steep diagonal measurement. My son uses the s8+.
    09-20-2017 02:34 PM
    The s8+ was 18:9? The X is 19.5:9, with a steep diagonal measurement. My son uses the s8+.
    It's technically 18:5:9 or something like that. But yes, it's the taller, more narrow aspect ratio.
    09-20-2017 02:37 PM
187 12345 ...