View Poll Results: iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone 8 Plus

11 55.00%
  • iPhone X

9 45.00%
    I really don’t care about the notch it’s like the camera bump I don’t notice it
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-18-2017 07:42 PM
    I’m going for the X. I’ve never been concerned about battery life because I’m never far from an outlet or a portable charger. I’m not concerned about face ID vs Touch ID. I could not care less about animojis. I am a little concerned about the removal of reachability but I am most concerned about camera and size and those are the deciding factors. I have had the plus phones since the 6 plus and as much as I love the screen size I hate the overall size and the X perfectly solved that problem.
    09-18-2017 08:08 PM
    The camera bump isn't in your sight each and every time you light up your display. There is no comparison, in my opinion.
    DMP89145 and libra89 like this.
    09-18-2017 08:20 PM
    I’m going for the X. I’ve been wanting a larger display at a smaller form factor than the Plus and it’s OLED too. The design is beautiful, the new space gray and the polished stainless steel makes the device ‘pop’ out more. I believe that the X is going to introduce a whole new user experience that is going to be revolutionary
    danbula likes this.
    09-19-2017 01:03 AM
    I'll be getting the 8 Friday and the X when it's available. I currently carry a 6s Plus & a 7 Plus..use to also have a 6s but 3 was a lot to carry lol. Although I love the wide screens of my pluses, the overall size of the device has become a pain. The final straw was an awards ceremony I attended last week & those pluses felt like bricks in my clutch, which became tiring after a few hours. I also despise the home button🤷🏾*♀️

So my choices stem from me wanting to downsize & I did love the glass on the 4S Since I carry 2 devices, I'll replace the 6s Plus with the 8 & I'll either replace the 7 Plus (give to my daughter) with the X or keep the 7 plus for my office & still purchase the X (I pay for 3 lines, so it's no biggie). As far as battery life goes, I'm not really concerned. I'm a heavy user on both devices & I can make it a full day. I do keep an extra charger in my bag just in case, but I barely use it.

If you're leaning towards the 8 Plus, definitely go with that one. First mind is usually right, plus you said you don't feel the X is worth the extra money & the notch is bugging you. No need to get a device just because it's considered a flagship. Get what works for you. You're not missing out on anything because whatever device you choose will have exactly what you need. Not what others think you need!!
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-19-2017 07:28 AM
    I'm getting the 8 Plus. Still has Touch ID. Mostly the same internals. Lots cheaper too. Mainly because it has Touch ID. For some reason the face ID doesn't really convince me as of yet.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-19-2017 07:39 AM

So my choices stem from me wanting to downsize & I did love the glass on the 4S ...
    Same here, Nikki....
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-19-2017 08:04 AM
    I’m going for the X. I’ve been wanting a larger display at a smaller form factor than the Plus and it’s OLED too. The design is beautiful, the new space gray and the polished stainless steel makes the device ‘pop’ out more. I believe that the X is going to introduce a whole new user experience that is going to be revolutionary
    The X screen size is the same width as the 8, with both at 375 points across. The X is just a little taller.
    In comparison to the 8 Plus, the 8 Plus gains True Tone "true color" display technology, as well as an upgraded camera, the same A11 SoC and wireless charging capabilities as the iPhone X.
    The X has a better camera, oled screen, animoji, Face ID, and edge to edge screen. Photos and videos taken on the 7 Plus will be cropped on the X, unless you tap the screen twice. Then you see the images entirely, but smaller and not edge to edge. The 8 Plus actually has a slightly larger screen in total space. It's definitely wider than the X. I prefer the wider screen with the 16:9 aspect ratio. Bezels don't matter to me, and neither would the notch on the X. The only feature on the X that the 8 Plus doesn't have that I would like are the animojis. I would have fun with those. Here's the screen difference between the 8 Plus and the X.

For me, the X would feel too small, more like the 4.7" models. I have tons of custom wallpapers that would no longer work on the X. If the X had the same screen width as the 8 Plus, I'd be looking at it a lot harder. It's just too tall and skinny for me. I don't like my women that way either.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-19-2017 08:46 AM
    I don't have anything against the iPhone 8/8 Plus per say, I'm just tired of the same design of the iPhone 6/6s Plus after four iterations. Because I like Apple products and the overall user experience, I adjusted to the very larger bezels for the last three years and now it's time to move on. My next iPhone will be the iPhone "X". Is the X perfect...NO, but it sure beats (IMHO) having the same design for 4 years in a row. As with most new phones (except the iPhone 6 thru 8) a period of adjustment is required. I welcome the challenge as I have done with every new phone along with new specifications.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-19-2017 09:12 AM
    I’m going for the X. I’ve never been concerned about battery life because I’m never far from an outlet or a portable charger. I’m not concerned about face ID vs Touch ID. I could not care less about animojis. I am a little concerned about the removal of reachability but I am most concerned about camera and size and those are the deciding factors. I have had the plus phones since the 6 plus and as much as I love the screen size I hate the overall size and the X perfectly solved that problem.
    Battery life is my biggest concern. Concerning TouchID versus FaceID, they both have their pros and cons. If anything I wouldn't have to worry about the TouchID sensor being dirty so FaceID should have a higher success rate. As for the animojis, those are something that I will never use, and reachability has been turned off since my iPhone 6.
    09-19-2017 11:02 AM
    The camera bump isn't in your sight each and every time you light up your display. There is no comparison, in my opinion.
    I agree that the camera bump isn't in your line of sight every time you use it.
    09-19-2017 11:03 AM
    The smaller form factor would be nice, and that is part of what has me debating this.
    09-19-2017 11:04 AM
    I'll be getting the 8 Friday and the X when it's available. I currently carry a 6s Plus & a 7 Plus..use to also have a 6s but 3 was a lot to carry lol. Although I love the wide screens of my pluses, the overall size of the device has become a pain. The final straw was an awards ceremony I attended last week & those pluses felt like bricks in my clutch, which became tiring after a few hours. I also despise the home button*♀️

So my choices stem from me wanting to downsize & I did love the glass on the 4S Since I carry 2 devices, I'll replace the 6s Plus with the 8 & I'll either replace the 7 Plus (give to my daughter) with the X or keep the 7 plus for my office & still purchase the X (I pay for 3 lines, so it's no biggie). As far as battery life goes, I'm not really concerned. I'm a heavy user on both devices & I can make it a full day. I do keep an extra charger in my bag just in case, but I barely use it.

If you're leaning towards the 8 Plus, definitely go with that one. First mind is usually right, plus you said you don't feel the X is worth the extra money & the notch is bugging you. No need to get a device just because it's considered a flagship. Get what works for you. You're not missing out on anything because whatever device you choose will have exactly what you need. Not what others think you need!!
    Well said ma'am! I do like the smaller form factor on the X with a large screen. I went from a 6 Plus to a 6S because I wanted the smaller form factor only to regret it a few months later as I liked the larger screen size, so I upgraded to the 7 Plus.
    You are right that the "First mind is usually right," but I am still not 100% on the 8 Plus.
    Tartarus and nikkisharif like this.
    09-19-2017 11:07 AM
    I'm getting the 8 Plus. Still has Touch ID. Mostly the same internals. Lots cheaper too. Mainly because it has Touch ID. For some reason the face ID doesn't really convince me as of yet.
    In the TouchID versus FaceID debate I can go either way honestly. On TouchID I have to wipe off the sensor frequently, but with FaceID there should be a higher success rate. But I do agree with what you're saying about the 8 Plus!
    09-19-2017 11:08 AM
    The X screen size is the same width as the 8, with both at 375 points across. The X is just a little taller.
    In comparison to the 8 Plus, the 8 Plus gains True Tone "true color" display technology, as well as an upgraded camera, the same A11 SoC and wireless charging capabilities as the iPhone X.
    The X has a better camera, oled screen, animoji, Face ID, and edge to edge screen. Photos and videos taken on the 7 Plus will be cropped on the X, unless you tap the screen twice. Then you see the images entirely, but smaller and not edge to edge. The 8 Plus actually has a slightly larger screen in total space. It's definitely wider than the X. I prefer the wider screen with the 16:9 aspect ratio. Bezels don't matter to me, and neither would the notch on the X. The only feature on the X that the 8 Plus doesn't have that I would like are the animojis. I would have fun with those. Here's the screen difference between the 8 Plus and the X.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4d5738c53b.jpg
    For me, the X would feel too small, more like the 4.7" models. I have tons of custom wallpapers that would no longer work on the X. If the X had the same screen width as the 8 Plus, I'd be looking at it a lot harder. It's just too tall and skinny for me. I don't like my women that way either.
    So are you going with the 8 Plus?
    I agree with what you're saying about the size differences though.
    09-19-2017 11:13 AM
    I don't have anything against the iPhone 8/8 Plus per say, I'm just tired of the same design of the iPhone 6/6s Plus after four iterations. Because I like Apple products and the overall user experience, I adjusted to the very larger bezels for the last three years and now it's time to move on. My next iPhone will be the iPhone "X". Is the X perfect...NO, but it sure beats (IMHO) having the same design for 4 years in a row. As with most new phones (except the iPhone 6 thru 8) a period of adjustment is required. I welcome the challenge as I have done with every new phone along with new specifications.
    I agree that the 8/8 Plus design is dated being four generations old now. That is one of the reasons that I am still looking at the X. However, I do have a lot of cases and screen protectors for my 7 Plus that will work on the 8 Plus so it is a double edged sword. I am sure that no other phone manufacture could get by with having the same design for four generations.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-19-2017 11:16 AM
    I agree that the 8/8 Plus design is dated being four generations old now. That is one of the reasons that I am still looking at the X. However, I do have a lot of cases and screen protectors for my 7 Plus that will work on the 8 Plus so it is a double edged sword. I am sure that no other phone manufacture could get by with having the same design for four generations.
    I’m not entirely sure about 7 Plus cases fitting the 8 Plus. Some will for sure, but the 8 is a little thicker than the 7. 8 cases will fit 7, but probably not all 7 cases will fit 8.
    09-19-2017 11:26 AM
    I’m not entirely sure about 7 Plus cases fitting the 8 Plus. Some will for sure, but the 8 is a little thicker than the 7. 8 cases will fit 7, but probably not all 7 cases will fit 8.
    Hopefully the apple ones do- This thread has me very seriously thinking about the 8 over the X
    09-19-2017 12:18 PM
    I've heard that they will, but I figure you are more knowledgeable than the person who told me that the 7/7 Plus cases will work on the 8/8 Plus.
    09-19-2017 12:35 PM
    I'll be getting the 8 Friday and the X when it's available.
    That's exactly what I'm doing. I preordered the 8, then using JoD to get the X. I'm currently using a S8+ and can't wait to get back to iOS. I'm worried about the tiny screen on the 8 until I can get the X though. I haven't used a 4.7 inch screen since the 6 was released.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-19-2017 12:37 PM
    I've heard that they will, but I figure you are more knowledgeable than the person who told me that the 7/7 Plus cases will work on the 8/8 Plus.
    We’ll see how much of a difference that 0.4mm makes when people start getting their 8’s in. I’m just saying I’m hesitant about 7’s fitting 8’s. My 0.2mm back protector on my 7 Plus makes some cases not sit right.
    09-19-2017 12:51 PM
    That's exactly what I'm doing. I preordered the 8, then using JoD to get the X. I'm currently using a S8+ and can't wait to get back to iOS. I'm worried about the tiny screen on the 8 until I can get the X though. I haven't used a 4.7 inch screen since the 6 was released.
    I know the feeling, my company issued 7 feels small.
    09-19-2017 12:58 PM
    We’ll see how much of a difference that 0.4mm makes when people start getting their 8’s in. I’m just saying I’m hesitant about 7’s fitting 8’s. My 0.2mm back protector on my 7 Plus makes some cases not sit right.
    I'm hoping they work fine as I have several cases for my 7 Plus.
    09-19-2017 12:59 PM
    So are you going with the 8 Plus?
    I agree with what you're saying about the size differences though.
    I would get the 8 Plus if I were upgrading. I'm waiting until next year for several reasons, including I want to see if a larger version of the X is offered. That, I might be interested in.
    09-19-2017 01:00 PM
    Hopefully the apple ones do- This thread has me very seriously thinking about the 8 over the X
    If money were no object, I would go with the X over the 8. If the smaller form factor was what I wanted. But I prefer the wider screen of the 8 Plus more than the X screen. If you currently use the 7, you'd probably like the X. I think some upgrading from the 7 Plus to the X may be disappointed in the X screen size, IMO.
    ravenseb and Mr.Willie like this.
    09-19-2017 01:08 PM
186 1234 ...