Do you complain about the iPhone for the sake of complaining?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Think about it. Typically speaking, those of us who frequent tech sites and forums are the same people our friends, family and colleages turn to for tech advice or troubleshooting. We are the ones who pay the closest attention to Apple and all of the rumors and specs surrounding the next device. In addition, many of us are quick to point out what the device lacks and how far behind Apple has fallen in regard to its competition. We complain that we are disappointed and will go buy a Samsung or another non-Apple smartphone. Yet, a good deal of those same complainants will be up in the wee hours of the morning trying to order the next iPhone and have it on launch day. With that in mind, are you one of the people who are complaining for the sake of complaining?

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m the opposite.
I’m defending for the sake of defending and most often I have valid arguments, or so I think.

If I get the feeling someone is complaining for the sake of complaining, I just nod and and change the subject as fast as possible.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I don’t think I complain much at all. Not really the complaining type. I’m more about action. Ha If I find iOS wasn’t meeting my needs I’d research and get something that does as I’ve done many times before over the years.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, I'm not an avid complainer in regards to my iPhone 6s Plus or the OS it's on. I do grumble a bit about the OS I'm not on, as anything above 10.1.1 ruins what I do. I complain to app developers more than anything. Not to brag, but I've noticed a few app updates were a result of my informing the devs of issues. As far as my 6s Plus goes, if an issue can't be resolved here in the forums, I call Apple Support. They've been a big help with most issues.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I complain too much. Apple takes a different approach than Samsung or Motorola or LG or whoever. If you just accept that, it's a lot easier. Realize that we have choices and that's a good thing. Why complain? Use what works for you. I have said over and over again that I can make any of the phones out there work for me. It certainly doesn't have to be the iPhone. They are all just tools. I can accomplish my goals using any of them.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I complain too much. Apple takes a different approach than Samsung or Motorola or LG or whoever. If you just accept that, it's a lot easier. Realize that we have choices and that's a good thing. Why complain? Use what works for you. I have said over and over again that I can make any of the phones out there work for me. It certainly doesn't have to be the iPhone. They are all just tools. I can accomplish my goals using any of them.

Nuf said...

derekgraham78

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I left iPhone over a dumb issue with my iCloud account being locked down and unrecoverable because I had no devices logged in. Was because I logged out before they went two step verification. I went to Android couple cheapos then a Samsung Note 4 then Note 5. But back on iPhone for good. I’ve owned iPhone 3GS, 7 and 7+

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No complaints at all, especially when my iPhone 6 is my main device for now. I personally don't think other phones from three years ago are as good.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that I have often had any reason to complain about an iDevice apart from the battery life.almost invariably the problem has been a website or forum like this one !!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there a trusted member challenge I don’t know about cause D your shooting out threads like it’s nothing. Haha.

I don’t complain LOL I love my iPhone and even if I got an Android phone free it still wouldn’t replace my iPhone as my primary. I hate Android with a passion these days haha.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a trusted member challenge I don’t know about cause D your shooting out threads like it’s nothing. Haha.

I don’t complain LOL I love my iPhone and even if I got an Android phone free it still wouldn’t replace my iPhone as my primary. I hate Android with a passion these days haha.

I was wondering that too!

(Laughing)....You guys are sick!........Nah, I finally had some time on my hands so I opted to create a few, that’s all.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I complain about how heavy my 7 Plus is when I drop it on my face in bed....Otherwise no, don't specifically care to complain.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I guess I wouldn't know what "complaining for the sake of complaining" would look like. I absolutely have complaints in regards to my iPhone and I have complaints in regards to my S8. But I also purchased and own those devices and will probably continue to make purchases of those products in the future. Nothing is perfect and I typically don't just accept something without also acknowledging areas in which I believe it can improve. I think criticisms and complaints are needed to push companies further sometimes. I'm yet to own a product that does EVERYTHING that I want. That probably won't happen, but I'll continue to voice that occasionally when the opportunity presents itself.

For example, I want improved file management introduced in iOS. I've been complaining about that for years! Lol.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I guess I wouldn't know what "complaining for the sake of complaining" would look like. I absolutely have complaints in regards to my iPhone and I have complaints in regards to my S8. But I also purchased and own those devices and will probably continue to make purchases of those products in the future. Nothing is perfect and I typically don't just accept something without also acknowledging areas in which I believe it can improve. I think criticisms and complaints are needed to push companies further sometimes. I'm yet to own a product that does EVERYTHING that I want. That probably won't happen, but I'll continue to voice that occasionally when the opportunity presents itself.

For example, I want improved file management introduced in iOS. I've been complaining about that for years! Lol.

Complaining for the sake of complaining is ‘complaining without valid arguments, or no arguments at all’, in my humble opinion.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711