10 people who experience problems with their iPhone go to a different website and find 10 more people having similar problems and then demand that Apple recognize their issue as a “major” problem, even though millions of other iPhone users are not experiencing those problems. Does that happen with other smartphone brands?
    mumfoau, TripleOne and SABRIAN70 like this.
    09-02-2017 08:20 PM
    09-02-2017 08:21 PM
    Like Rob said, I’m sure it does.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-02-2017 08:21 PM
    It sure does. It happens with any product really.
    Just_Me_D and Not Quite Right like this.
    09-02-2017 09:15 PM
    And that's actually useful for the phone company to improve
    09-03-2017 03:37 AM
    And that's actually useful for the phone company to improve
    Absolutely. Case and point: Samsung Note 7.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-03-2017 07:44 AM
    It happens constantly but Apple & Samsung seem to be the ones that get the most attention.
    09-03-2017 08:32 AM
    10 people who experience problems with their iPhone go to a different website and find 10 more people having similar problems and then demand that Apple recognize their issue as a “major” problem, even though millions of other iPhone users are not experiencing those problems. Does that happen with other smartphone brands?
    What is the problem specifically?
    09-03-2017 12:05 PM
    What is the problem specifically?
    The problem is hypothetical, but the point is this - why should Apple be expected to classify a problem as being widespread as if it’s an epidemic for 20 people who are having the problem when millions of others are not?
    09-03-2017 12:10 PM
    The problem is hypothetical, but the point is this - why should Apple be expected to classify a problem as being widespread as if it’s an epidemic for 20 people who are having the problem when millions of others are not?
    In my opinion, it would depend on the problem.
    09-03-2017 01:24 PM
    If 20 Brand X Pickup trucks explode when rear-ended, they all get recalled. Better safe than sorry. I'm sure all smartphone makers do the same.
    09-03-2017 03:25 PM
    If 20 Brand X Pickup trucks explode when rear-ended, they all get recalled. Better safe than sorry. I'm sure all smartphone makers do the same.
    If there are 20 phones exploding, then that could be a reason for a recall, even if 20 out of 50millions annually sold phones is peanuts. Because safety and liability and such.

But if 20 people out of 50 million are having a software issue, they can jump high and low as they want, it does not warrant any extra effort from any manufacturer to look into it.

If, however, the manufacturer decides to look into it, that’s a good thing, but they should not be hold accountable for not looking into it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-03-2017 03:32 PM
    If there are 20 phones exploding, then that could be a reason for a recall, even if 20 out of 50millions annually sold phones is peanuts. Because safety and liability and such.

But if 20 people out of 50 million are having a software issue, they can jump high and low as they want, it does not warrant any extra effort from any manufacturer to look into it.

If, however, the manufacturer decides to look into it, that’s a good thing, but they should not be hold accountable for not looking into it.
    ‘Nuf said....
    Tartarus and TgeekB like this.
    09-03-2017 04:29 PM
    Others absolutely are.
    09-04-2017 12:44 AM
    Sometimes public perception can be taken out of proportion, if it has a big enough impact. And impact doesn't necessarily mean number of people affected.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-04-2017 06:42 AM
    In my opinion, it would depend on the problem.
    This.
    Of course the Samsung batteries exploding, no matter the number, warranted a recall. That is a huge safety concern. Something less problematic, say a hardware issue that only affects a small amount does not. Not that they shouldn't be taken care of, that's great customer service.
    I believe we live in an age of social media where things can easily get blown out of proportion, especially if you're a large company that some people don't like. It's just the nature of things and I don't believe it affects companies like Apple much overall.
    09-04-2017 07:44 AM
    This.
    Of course the Samsung batteries exploding, no matter the number, warranted a recall. That is a huge safety concern. Something less problematic, say a hardware issue that only affects a small amount does not. Not that they shouldn't be taken care of, that's great customer service.
    I believe we live in an age of social media where things can easily get blown out of proportion, especially if you're a large company that some people don't like. It's just the nature of things and I don't believe it affects companies like Apple much overall.
    Well said! Samsung has earned my respect for how they handled the Note 7 issue. Unlike apple and the way they handle their issues like antennagate.
    09-04-2017 11:53 AM
    Happens with them all. Visit any site like this and you will see it.
    09-04-2017 12:36 PM
    20 is rather a large number for things like phones.
    Automobile recalls are claimed in very small numbers but they are usually serious (safety issue), phones are not (except a life threatening flaw like Samsung wrong stuff). Even so, fact that there are 20 people easily found in internet should be taken seriously as it is an indication that there sure would be far more.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    09-04-2017 02:30 PM
    20 is rather a large number for things like phones.
    Automobile recalls are claimed in very small numbers but they are usually serious (safety issue), phones are not (except a life threatening flaw like Samsung wrong stuff). Even so, fact that there are 20 people easily found in internet should be taken seriously as it is an indication that there sure would be far more.
    20 out of millions?
    Just_Me_D and Tartarus like this.
    09-04-2017 03:21 PM
    20 out of millions?
    I could be wrong but the way OP asked the question sounded to me that it should not be recognized as a major problem, implying it mostly happens with Apple.
    I guess what I was trying to get at was, while the ratio of 20 (probably far more) in millions is similar to automobile recall cases, the impact is less serious. Nevertheless, if 20 (or more) consumers truly found similar problem in relatively short period of time, it is showing a pattern and consumers have every right to raise an issue, which they usually do. Apple, or any other manufacturers cannot simply leave them hanging in the air, and must address the issue even if it's only a tiny fraction of millions. Yes, iPhone users may tend to speak louder on these things as the expectation (and price) is high :-)
    09-04-2017 03:49 PM
    I could be wrong but the way OP asked the question sounded to me that it should not be recognized as a major problem, implying it mostly happens with Apple.
    I guess what I was trying to get at was, while the ratio of 20 (probably far more) in millions is similar to automobile recall cases, the impact is less serious. Nevertheless, if 20 (or more) consumers truly found similar problem in relatively short period of time, it is showing a pattern and consumers have every right to raise an issue, which they usually do. Apple, or any other manufacturers cannot simply leave them hanging in the air, and must address the issue even if it's only a tiny fraction of millions. Yes, iPhone users may tend to speak louder on these things as the expectation (and price) is high :-)
    Agreed. I think that's one of the advantages Apple has with Apple stores and the ability to provide customer service. I have never needed their service but it's nice to know it's available.
    On the other hand, I had a BlackBerry Passport that gave me problems and it took multiple long phone calls to get it resolved. Very frustrating.
    09-04-2017 03:54 PM
    Just 20 people....
    09-04-2017 04:13 PM
    Agreed. I think that's one of the advantages Apple has with Apple stores and the ability to provide customer service. I have never needed their service but it's nice to know it's available.
    On the other hand, I had a BlackBerry Passport that gave me problems and it took multiple long phone calls to get it resolved. Very frustrating.
    One thing Apple are absolutely good at is their impeccable service. While I sometimes bash Apple for the rumoured high price of next iPhone (for the fun of it, but are they not in a disguised memory sales business?, LOL). I never really had any problems that required their service, and never bought Apple Care, but when it comes to the return and/or replacement of what I purchased, this "no question asked" return policy is easy, fast and gives me an ease of mind. How many times did I return brand new products to the point I felt sorry for Apple! Whenever I think about this alone, I have no complaint for paying what I thought was a bit higher prices compared to others. It's all worth it.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-04-2017 04:17 PM