Why must I be accused of drinking the Apple Kool-Aid for being satisfied with an iPhone?

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've never been trashed by a single person for all the Apple products I have. That's crazy that it affects people so much.
I’m the only one at work with  products. Everyone else uses Android. I’m hassled quite often about my iPhone.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Why is it okay for people to prefer a Windows mobile device or an Android device, but not okay for those who prefer an iPhone? Why must I be considered brainwashed or be accused of drinking the Apple kool-aid for simply being satisfied with my iPhone?

I feel it is part envy, over the amount of support, updates etc  products receive. Also it can be considered "cool" and/or "edgy" to hate whats successful or popular. Then you have the fanboys/trolls, that just make things rough for the average person. They can't conceive not being able to use an SD card (lost/corrupted more than I could count), change a battery(more crap to carry around), change the font (got old real quick, and can look juvenile). Fanboys oft times feel just because a platform did something first it was better. No it was just first, doesn't usually mean best (take that anyway you want). Yes its a closed ecosystem, but its made to work seamlessly together. There should be a little more of public stance from Apple that we perfect the experience before just throwing new tech out there. Like the old commercial, "We will sell no wine before its time".

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Why is it okay for people to prefer a Windows mobile device or an Android device, but not okay for those who prefer an iPhone? Why must I be considered brainwashed or be accused of drinking the Apple kool-aid for simply being satisfied with my iPhone?

Oh if that’s the only thing they’ve ever said about you, you’ve had it good!

You should see what they’ve said and done to me!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Because I like Kool-Aid...

...I mean, because it's been this way forever. Some fans get carried away on either side of the fence.

What really, really irritates me is going to other Mobile Nations sites and being rung out for having an unbiased preference to Apple. I love Apple but I choose to be caught up on other platforms...Still not good enough...Still drinking Kool-Aid apparently.

I don’t visit Mobile Nations forums much anymore. I’ve been around iMore lately because of the new devices. Other than that, I’ve had enough of the sites. I’ll disappear soon for another year. I want to see what the iPhone X does and then.....*POOF*.......gawn until Sep ‘18.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t visit Mobile Nations forums much anymore. I’ve been around iMore lately because of the new devices. Other than that, I’ve had enough of the sites. I’ll disappear soon for another year. I want to see what the iPhone X does and then.....*POOF*.......gawn until Sep ‘18.

Things are not as....fiery....as it used to be, and part of me misses it. Still, I understand that change is inevitable and that includes a change of direction for whatever reason. Thankfully, I still enjoy perusing the iMore forums and helping out whenever I can. There’s a lot of good people here and I appreciate them very much.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Things are not as....fiery....as it used to be, and part of me misses it. Still, I understand that change is inevitable and that includes a change of direction for whatever reason. Thankfully, I still enjoy perusing the iMore forums and helping out whenever I can. There’s a lot of good people here and I appreciate them very much.

Yes, there definitely are a lot of good people at iMore.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

OMG I feel exactly the same way! I want to see pics of people’s iPhone X then I’m out.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Amazing how one can say I’m drinking the Apple Kool-Aid simply because I believe a device needs to be used before articles about how poor the design choices are get posted. Android is granted that luxury but Apple is not. That dynamic alone astounds me, yet I call it out and must be drinking the Kool-Aid.

jdubb82

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I just tell them that phones, like Kool-aid, have many flavors. Just because you chose another flavor doesn’t make it a different drink now does it?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I just tell them that phones, like Kool-aid, have many flavors. Just because you chose another flavor doesn’t make it a different drink now does it?

Have to agree. I've tried Android, WP 8, and now iPhone and I've liked them all for different reasons. For the longest time I was very pro Android mostly because they had a lot of OS features or larger screens/etc. that Apple didn't have yet. Once they did, I decided to give Apple a try. I should mention I was never anti-Apple just some good natured ribbing of friend/etc. but not the "fanboy" level stuff that a lot of people go to.

Even when I was deep into Android any time someone asked me what to get I always told them to go play with them all and see what they liked because like you said different people have different needs. I don't ever want to see any of the companies fail (which really sucks about Windows for example) because the more companies are around the better it is for the consumer with competition in price and innovation. If there were only one company making smartphones it would be very bad for the consumer.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Have to agree. I've tried Android, WP 8, and now iPhone and I've liked them all for different reasons. For the longest time I was very pro Android mostly because they had a lot of OS features or larger screens/etc. that Apple didn't have yet. Once they did, I decided to give Apple a try. I should mention I was never anti-Apple just some good natured ribbing of friend/etc. but not the "fanboy" level stuff that a lot of people go to.

Even when I was deep into Android any time someone asked me what to get I always told them to go play with them all and see what they liked because like you said different people have different needs. I don't ever want to see any of the companies fail (which really sucks about Windows for example) because the more companies are around the better it is for the consumer with competition in price and innovation. If there were only one company making smartphones it would be very bad for the consumer.
Well said!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2