Coke vs. Pepsi, tabs vs. spaces, iPhone vs. Android. It’s hard to get away from the “us vs. them” mentality, it’s ingrained in human nature. “Fitting in” dates back to the caveman days, back when it meant survival. Now it just means you’re an ***** for rooting for the “wrong” team. I don’t fault anyone for reacting that way—it’s a hard instinct to overcome and it takes constant effort and it can be tiring. I’m an equal opportunity hater of both iPhone and Android. But as my daily driver, I just love drinking the Kool-Aid. The other brands taste weird to me...
    jmr1015 likes this.
    09-03-2017 03:51 PM
    Coke vs. Pepsi, tabs vs. spaces, iPhone vs. Android. It’s hard to get away from the “us vs. them” mentality, it’s ingrained in human nature. “Fitting in” dates back to the caveman days, back when it meant survival. Now it just means you’re an ***** for rooting for the “wrong” team. I don’t fault anyone for reacting that way—it’s a hard instinct to overcome and it takes constant effort and it can be tiring. I’m an equal opportunity hater of both iPhone and Android. But as my daily driver, I just love drinking the Kool-Aid. The other brands taste weird to me...
    I disagree that it’s difficult in this regard - at least it’s not difficult for “me”. I’m under the mindset of people buying what they want. I couldn’t care less if someone dislike the fact that like iPhones over any other smartphone at this time in my life and I won’t lose an ounce of sleep over it. If someone else prefers an Android device, more power to ‘em. That person’s preference for Android has no effect on my preference for the iPhone. He’s happy with his device and I’m happy with mine. See how easy that is?
    TgeekB, DMP89145 and libra89 like this.
    09-03-2017 04:29 PM
    I disagree that it’s difficult in this regard - at least it’s not difficult for “me”. I’m under the mindset of people buying what they want. I couldn’t care less if someone dislike the fact that like iPhones over any other smartphone at this time in my life and I won’t lose an ounce of sleep over it. If someone else prefers an Android device, more power to ‘em. That person’s preference for Android has no effect on my preference for the iPhone. He’s happy with his device and I’m happy with mine. See how easy that is?
    It’s pretty easy for me, too, nowadays, when it comes to Android or iPhone. I’m cool with whatever y’all pick. Same with cars—I used to get a lot of flack for running around in an old beat up Ford (honestly, I wish I still had it). Get me playing an online multiplayer game, though, and still to this day at any moment I may I lose it and turn into the guy in the middle of this Oatmeal comic. I’ve been silenced and banned a couple times for it :P Hence the name...fury. It used to get me a lot more often than it does now. I’ve had to work at it. 6 or 7 years ago, I wasn’t so good at it and I took those sheeple/koolaid comments as attacks on my identity. My emotions are weird. O_o
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-03-2017 04:57 PM
    ... And that's what makes them horrible sales associates. I learned along time ago when I was in sales that product bashing benefits no one, and to remain as unbiased as possible (unless asked). We were told that everything we sold at that store made us money, and not to waste our time or the customers trying to convince them your personal preferences was the way to go.
    Management was right, I had hardly any returns, customer satisfaction was stellar, and I made a ton of cash ...
    Well said
    Not Quite Right and DMP89145 like this.
    09-03-2017 05:54 PM
    Because I like Kool-Aid...

...I mean, because it's been this way forever. Some fans get carried away on either side of the fence.

What really, really irritates me is going to other Mobile Nations sites and being rung out for having an unbiased preference to Apple. I love Apple but I choose to be caught up on other platforms...Still not good enough...Still drinking Kool-Aid apparently.
    09-04-2017 11:01 AM
    Why is it okay for people to prefer a Windows mobile device or an Android device, but not okay for those use who prefer an iPhone? Why must I be considered brainwashed or be accused of drinking the Apple kool-aid for simply being satisfied with my iPhone?
    Eh I have seen it from both sides. There are a vocal few who like to bash the others (using terms like lagdroid, samesung, sheep, crapple) I am not sure why people care what device you use. I am one who feels that if the device you have works for you great. I think this is similar to the politics debate where one side is better than the other and they feel you should join them. Just ignore em. Haters gonna hate.
    Just_Me_D, DMP89145 and libra89 like this.
    09-04-2017 12:32 PM

...I mean, because it's been this way forever. Some fans get carried away on either side of the fence.

What really, really irritates me is going to other Mobile Nations sites and being rung out for having an unbiased preference to Apple. I love Apple but I choose to be caught up on other platforms...Still not good enough...Still drinking Kool-Aid apparently.
    I’ve noticed the same thing. I don’t drink the kool aid from any manufacture. I use both Android and iOS, and while I prefer Android I don’t bash iOS. I’ve gotten rung out for that on this very site just like I got rung out on AC for preferring my Note 4 over the S5 or my Nexus 6 over the S6.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-04-2017 12:32 PM
    I like Apple,and came to them from Nokia simple text and phone only devices, my iPhones worked( all still do!) and that is what I need. Never have I found a need for any other OS,it's a tool not anything else,and it works !! The noisiest person that I remember knocking Apple when Samsung really got going in this market now uses something cheap from that place that cheap phones come from ?
    09-04-2017 12:34 PM
    I think part of the problem is people being unable to comprehend the essence of being content with something. When trying to better one’s self, we are told to never be content and to always strive to be better, and I understand that. However, that quest doesn’t have to apply to consumers. Manufacturers and such? Yes. Consumers? No, and thus, arguably, the primary reason people stick with a specific brand. Of course, there are exceptions.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 09-09-2017 at 05:25 PM.
    Tinkernaught likes this.
    09-04-2017 12:46 PM
    I’ve reached a point where I don’t care if people think I’m “drinking the Apple kool-aid”. After years trying out all these expensive products from other companies and not being 100% satisfied, Apple is the only company that I can feel good about purchasing from. Their R&D is unprecedented, and they implement new technologies only when they make it good enough to be considered a useful feature. To me, that’s better than just cramming every available new tech into a smartphone just because they can. And they make all their stuff work perfectly together, which is an invaluable incentive to me.

So sure, I prefer AirPods over Bose wireless, or the concept of the HomePod over the simple, low quality Echo speaker, or the iPad over the typical surface tablet/PC that isn’t nearly as responsive or well built. Yeah, I drink the kool-aid, but I’m consistently happy with my purchases as a result. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-04-2017 02:59 PM
    I don’t care either way. It’s my money, and I’ll use what I feel suits my needs better. Right now that would be the Apple ecosystem. If someone feels that these products aren’t adequate for my needs, they are certainly welcome to purchase the “right” devices and ship them to me.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-07-2017 06:52 AM
    No one should care what someone else has or prefers. I like to try everything. I see both sides. If you prefer Apple thats fine. They make a great product. Same with other manufacturers. To each their own. The problems comes when people try to justify their purchase. We pay a lot of money for our products and sometimes people feel the need to justify their purchase. We have to remember to stop civil and respect others decisions. There is no perfect one size fits all.
    TgeekB, libra89 and DMP89145 like this.
    09-17-2017 02:05 PM
    I think part of the problem is people being unable to comprehend the essence of being content with something. When trying to better one’s self, we are told to never be content and to always strive to be better, and I understand that. However, that quest doesn’t have to apply to consumers. Manufacturers and such? Yes. Consumers? No, and thus, arguably, the primary reason people stick with a specific brand. Of course, there are exceptions.
    Well said D’
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-17-2017 07:26 PM
    Well said D’
    Thank you, sir....
    TripleOne likes this.
    09-17-2017 08:11 PM
    Do what you want and do it your way. I like iPhones even though I know it is not always cutting edge compared to android. I enjoy the new spec bumps and camera improvements. Some androids have newer tech and some have better specs but the new iPhone always destroys the closest competitor. I love how all my apple devices work together. No other electronic ecosystem is better at that.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-17-2017 11:20 PM
    I've never been trashed by a single person for all the Apple products I have. That's crazy that it affects people so much.
    I’m the only one at work with  products. Everyone else uses Android. I’m hassled quite often about my iPhone.
    09-18-2017 12:50 AM
    I’m the only one at work with  products. Everyone else uses Android. I’m hassled quite often about my iPhone.
    I’m sorry to hear that, just take it lightly.
    May I know where you are from?
    09-18-2017 01:00 AM
    I’m sorry to hear that, just take it lightly.
    May I know where you are from?
    Ha ha, I don’t take it seriously. I feel sorry for them.
    I live about 120km/75miles east of Vancouver, BC.
    09-18-2017 01:05 AM
    Why is it okay for people to prefer a Windows mobile device or an Android device, but not okay for those who prefer an iPhone? Why must I be considered brainwashed or be accused of drinking the Apple kool-aid for simply being satisfied with my iPhone?
    I feel it is part envy, over the amount of support, updates etc  products receive. Also it can be considered "cool" and/or "edgy" to hate whats successful or popular. Then you have the fanboys/trolls, that just make things rough for the average person. They can't conceive not being able to use an SD card (lost/corrupted more than I could count), change a battery(more crap to carry around), change the font (got old real quick, and can look juvenile). Fanboys oft times feel just because a platform did something first it was better. No it was just first, doesn't usually mean best (take that anyway you want). Yes its a closed ecosystem, but its made to work seamlessly together. There should be a little more of public stance from Apple that we perfect the experience before just throwing new tech out there. Like the old commercial, "We will sell no wine before its time".
    knotsure and Aztek13 like this.
    09-18-2017 06:51 PM
    Why is it okay for people to prefer a Windows mobile device or an Android device, but not okay for those who prefer an iPhone? Why must I be considered brainwashed or be accused of drinking the Apple kool-aid for simply being satisfied with my iPhone?
    Oh if that’s the only thing they’ve ever said about you, you’ve had it good!

You should see what they’ve said and done to me!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    09-29-2017 05:52 PM

I don’t visit Mobile Nations forums much anymore. I’ve been around iMore lately because of the new devices. Other than that, I’ve had enough of the sites. I’ll disappear soon for another year. I want to see what the iPhone X does and then.....*POOF*.......gawn until Sep ‘18.
    jdubb82 likes this.
    09-29-2017 05:59 PM
    Oh if that’s the only thing they’ve ever said about you, you’ve had it good!

You should see what they’ve said and done to me!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I remember...
    09-29-2017 06:28 PM
    I don’t visit Mobile Nations forums much anymore. I’ve been around iMore lately because of the new devices. Other than that, I’ve had enough of the sites. I’ll disappear soon for another year. I want to see what the iPhone X does and then.....*POOF*.......gawn until Sep ‘18.
    Things are not as....fiery....as it used to be, and part of me misses it. Still, I understand that change is inevitable and that includes a change of direction for whatever reason. Thankfully, I still enjoy perusing the iMore forums and helping out whenever I can. There’s a lot of good people here and I appreciate them very much.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-29-2017 06:34 PM
    Things are not as....fiery....as it used to be, and part of me misses it. Still, I understand that change is inevitable and that includes a change of direction for whatever reason. Thankfully, I still enjoy perusing the iMore forums and helping out whenever I can. There’s a lot of good people here and I appreciate them very much.
    Yes, there definitely are a lot of good people at iMore.
    Just_Me_D and TgeekB like this.
    09-29-2017 08:37 PM
    What others think about the Kool-Aid flavor I choose is none of my business! Lol
    09-29-2017 10:36 PM
56 123