Is the ecosystem worth it?

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, I've had a variety of iOS and Android phones in the past few years and recently I've settled on the Google pixel. I've been so happy with it for the past 8 months but recently I've started to miss iOS again, specifically iMessage. Leaving my last iPhone I left so many group chats because 95% of my friends all use iPhones. Just wondering if anyone has recently made the switch and has regrets or no regrets, if probably try to trade my Pixel for an iPhone 6s or 7.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I always try to have an iphone and android at the same time. I’m all in on the Apple ecosystem so iphone is my daily driver. That doesn’t stop me from thinking about switching to android now and again as daily driver.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It is always nice to have both OS. And when it comes down to the Apple ecosystem, it really depends on your preference. I love it simply due to its simplicity and ease of use. It just works, and having all the different products synced together, iCloud, etc... it is totally worth it. You have to try it for yourself and then decide which one you prefer better

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
What drew you to Android? If you came back would you miss anything? Only you can answer these questions.
Personally, I only use one ecosystem at a time. While I used to be a chronic switcher, those days are over.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
What drew you to Android? If you came back would you miss anything? Only you can answer these questions.
Personally, I only use one ecosystem at a time. While I used to be a chronic switcher, those days are over.

My days of being a switcher is over as well. I've decided to stick to one ecosystem and all my family members followed me eventually. Gotta love Apple (the fruit and the company)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To answer the thread question, yes, I find Apple’s ecosystem worth it....

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes,it's worth it ! Unless of course you have a compulsive desire to fiddle with the way your phone looks or works, in which case perhaps you should get out more, buy a dog, get a hobby....

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm a soft-core geek in a way that I like messing with custom launchers, and apps like Tasker. But I also love being connected to everyone and I've been trying to push Allo on to people but nothing will replace iMessage. I was looking forward to RCS messaging being more popular, but that will likely only be an Android thing for a while. I love technology but I desire ease of use and being able to easily share and communicate with other people.
I love the pixel for many reasons, it's the best Android phone I've used to date and the camera is phenomenal. Google has made some very impressive leaps, but at the same time 90% of Google apps are available to download on iPhone.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm a soft-core geek in a way that I like messing with custom launchers, and apps like Tasker. But I also love being connected to everyone and I've been trying to push Allo on to people but nothing will replace iMessage. I was looking forward to RCS messaging being more popular, but that will likely only be an Android thing for a while. I love technology but I desire ease of use and being able to easily share and communicate with other people.
I love the pixel for many reasons, it's the best Android phone I've used to date and the camera is phenomenal. Google has made some very impressive leaps, but at the same time 90% of Google apps are available to download on iPhone.

Great points. I do think the Pixel was Googles attempt at an iPhone like device. From what I hear it performs very well. Ease of use is a good term when describing the iPhone. Both have their advantages and everyone needs to choose which works best for them.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
For me, it's worth it. I have went from Android to iOS and so far I like it a lot. Apples ecosystem is smooth and just works. Google had a good chance with the pixel to compete but for me, it wasn't worth the upgrade from the Nexus 6P.

I have gone from hating Apple to almost fully dived into Apples Ecosystem. The only thing I'm missing is a MacBook which I can't justify $2000 for.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
For me, it's worth it. I have went from Android to iOS and so far I like it a lot. Apples ecosystem is smooth and just works. Google had a good chance with the pixel to compete but for me, it wasn't worth the upgrade from the Nexus 6P.

I have gone from hating Apple to almost fully dived into Apples Ecosystem. The only thing I'm missing is a MacBook which I can't justify $2000 for.

The MacBook line is very expensive, but they last for a LONG time and is worth every penny

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
The MacBook line is very expensive, but they last for a LONG time and is worth every penny

Oh I know. I just can't bring myself to paying that much for one. But people I know that have them use it for what I want to use it for. Photo and video editing. It's smooth and battery life is amazing even after 6 years. Meanwhile I'm on a 3 year old Surface Pro and the battery life is suffering.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Oh I know. I just can't bring myself to paying that much for one. But people I know that have them use it for what I want to use it for. Photo and video editing. It's smooth and battery life is amazing even after 6 years. Meanwhile I'm on a 3 year old Surface Pro and the battery life is suffering.

I can’t even afford one. Hopefully in the long run I’ll be able to treat myself to a brand new MBP. Oh no! Are you able to get the battery replaced?

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
It's probably going to cost me and I'm always near a wall outlet. I used to get 6 hours. I barely get 3-4 now. Which is enough for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711