after the last update iOS 10.3 i think, I was able to have my screen go to sleep when I put it in my pocket no mater what app I was using. This was great especially for walking around with pokemon go running while it was in my pocket with the screen off. when a pokemon came up it would vibrate and I could pull it out of my pocket as catch it.
    now the screen stays on all the time unless i'm on the home screen the screen will go off when i put the phone down and come on when i pick it up.

using iPhone se
    just updated to iOS 10.3.3

any insights?
    07-22-2017 03:35 PM
    Have you checked autolock?
    Settings > Display and Brightness > Auto-lock. Make sure it's set as desired.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-22-2017 09:08 PM
    Thanks Ledsteplin, it doesn't seem to matter what auto-lock setting I use. It will only sleep when the home screen is showing. I'm wondering if that is what it is suppose to do and my phone was doing this before on all apps by mistake.
    07-25-2017 12:47 PM
    Thanks Ledsteplin, it doesn't seem to matter what auto-lock setting I use. It will only sleep when the home screen is showing. I'm wondering if that is what it is suppose to do and my phone was doing this before on all apps by mistake.
    Depends on the app. Some remain on because of the nature and use. Like games. You want it to go off in the middle of playing a game? I have a lot of apps that keep it on for various reasons. You just have to close the app if it's one that stays on.
    07-25-2017 02:03 PM