iPhone battery drain and rebooting

myraLoy

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi Rene,
first of all, Ido apologies for my english, as I'm not an native english speaker ;)

I was wandering if you can help me to better understand or even solve my problem with my iPhone 6 I currently have.
Yes the battery drain that everyone had after update to IOS10. I was affected by it in December 2016. I've been told by apple support that I should consider to change my battery. Well, after couple of months I finally did it. In early February this year I changed my battery and it seemed to helped to solved the battery drain issue.
However immediately after last update to 10.3 my battery started to acting out once aggain and this time there were some other strange things that started to happening - like my sound was turning on and off without me doing anything to the phone. soon after that my iPhone started reseting itself and rebooting randomly. Sometimes when I try to use an app - doesn't matter which one, there is no pattern at all. Sometimes the phone holds ok for almost all day without any issues, but most of the time it reboot itself once or couple of times, then works fine for a while and then reboots aggain.
This never happens when I'm on cable charging.
I tried everything forums and apple support suggest- erase phone, clean instal, set is as new, downgrade to 10.2 ... nope. Nothing helped.
I went to Dublin to let them check my phone and I've been told it's s in perfect shape, baterry is brand new and hardware is functionig well. But when I talk to apple support via twitter the only answer is that my device must be faulty and should buy iPhone7. Same in apple store.
What I absolutly hate about this whole situation is that they refuse to admit it's software problem and instead of trying to solve the problem they are pushing people to buy new device.
For me it's not about the price, I can afford new phone but I don't want the iPhone 7/7+ especially not at this time of the year when new models are right behind the corner.
Now I have no mobile phone but a landline with touchscreen and apps. I checked forums from many countries and countless of people are having same problem and are getting exactly the same answer from apple support - buy the iPhone 7/7+
I forgot to menstion that I have 5 iphones for work and 3 at home, and they all having same problem.
Do you have any suggestions what I can do to solve the issue or how to get different reaction from apple who plays hide and seek with their customers and pretends nothing is happening?
I know it's an older device but for me it's more about the principle then anything else.

Thanks,
Myra

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While awaiting a response from Rene, I'll add my two cents. (1) "Everybody" didn't experience excessive battery drain after updating to iOS 10. Many of us enjoyed great battery life. With that in mind, several factors could be the reason for the your bad battery life:

1. Defective battery
2. Weak Cellular and/or weak Wi-Fi signal
3. Excessive brightness of the display
4. Intense use, especially with graphic heavy apps and/or games
5. Rogue app or rogue setting (typically, the culprit)
6. Corrupted iOS version

Anyway, based on what you've typed, I think the problem could be a bad iOS installation or a corrupt setting. Go to Settings → Battery, and then scroll down to the bottom to see if your "Usage" and "Standby" times are identical. If they are then therein lies the problem, especially if the screen has been off at some point. Typically, as stated above, a rouge app or setting is to blame. You can start with a reboot. If that doesn't fix the problem, make sure all of your installed 3rd-party apps are up to date. If you updated to the installed iOS version OTA, consider putting the device inDFU mode and restoring the device and then setting it up as new instead of from a backup.

myraLoy

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
thanks for the reply.
I did not say everybody has the same problem, but thousands of people do. If it did sound that way however, I am sorry, my english is not perfect.
Back to my problem - I already tryied all of the mentioned above.
and now I have only apple original apps on my iPhone I deleted all my apps I usually use. Didn't helped.
I can't check what apps may use battery or if they are working excessively on bacround as this feature is broken ever since I updated to IOS 10. I can't see any information abut the battery, except when it was last charged and stand by time.
I reinstalled all my iPhones, all clean installations and all of them are set as new devices with only original apple apps, and they are all useless because of random reboot that is getting more often.
Only on one of my phones I have has twitter app, imore forums app and my bank app, all up to date. same issue.
And my phones were checked by technicians, and the answer is the hardware is in perfect shape. On one of my phones I have new battery. That's it. However all phones work just fine when on cable. Not working when plugged to external battery tho.

myraLoy

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
Never mind. I gave up. I bought 7 cheap android phones that will get me through the time new iPhones are introduce.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Never mind. I gave up. I bought 7 cheap android phones that will get me through the time new iPhones are introduce.

Thanks for the update, and sorry you didn’t get the situation resolved in a timely manner. Take care.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh