I Want a BlackBerry KEYone...Why Should I Stay with iPhone?

bluesqueen23

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 as my personal device and a Blackberry Priv as my work device. I'll keep using my iPhone 7 and sell my Priv to purchase the KeyOne for my business.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to keep both? If yes, than give it a shot. Nobody here will mock you or BB, this is iMore not CB, people here on majority is not that much fanatic for the brand.

I will buy K1 eventually just to try the new pkb and see if it'll be as good as my Passport one. But will maintain my iPhone 7 Plus, too, in case my repulsive feelings about Android scream loudly than my curiosity about new device.

zephyr613

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Having read these postings, I have to say it is very refreshing to see how polite and constructive you guys are. Let's just say it isn't the same on sister forums...

Having said that, I am not an IPhone user, but I do support them in the workplace from a Security perspective. I myself carry 2 phones, both Blackberry but that is by choice - I can have any phone I want for work, just went with the PRIV.

From a support perspective, I see how Apple is WAY ahead of other vendors regarding phone/HW replacement. I really don't care for the lack of the option to delay an OS update to see if the bugs are worked out, but our users seem to be fine with it until their device goes off the rails.

The other issue I have seen a tremendous amount is both battery (well known) but more significantly, the issue with IOS and Exchange and O365. The native email client on IOS is filled with bugs as in duplicate calendar entries, multiple calendar invites etc.

Again, the device choice is up to you (and just to state, I don't have a dog in this fight) and I am "patiently" waiting for the KEYOne to be available in the states as I am supposed to get a demo unit to beat on, but my understanding from people who already have the KEYOne is that the major pluses are the Battery life, it is running "N" and of course the keyboard.

Best of luck in whatever you decide, but please keep us informed!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Since you need 2 phones anyways why NOT have them be 2 different platforms? This way you get the best of both worlds! You will still have iOS via your work iPhone but now you will have the latest version of Android via the BlackBerry along with that iconic keyboard we all know and love! What's to lose?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I say go for it! Blackberry is the only major smartphone OS I've never used (I know it runs Android). From 2008 until 2014 I was diehard iPhone. Before that I went back and forth with Symbian and WinMo. Toyed with Palm. Then a few yrs ago I decided to open my eyes and see what else is out there. I've had several Android phones since then, and still gotten every Plus version iPhone.

They all have their pros and cons. For me a physical keyboard is pretty much the bottom of my wishlist, but for you it's a key feature.

The only downside to being open minded with OSes is that it gets pretty expensive switching phones a few times a year. Especially now that T-Mo has started charging down payments for JoD phones.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure why we should convince you to stay. It seems like you've already made up your mind.

Should have phrased differently. What I mean is for you, if you were deciding between the two, why would you choose to stay with iPhone? May help me with my decision which I've said a few times now I'm not 100% sure of

bluesqueen23

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 for my personal device and a BB KeyOne for my business phone. I am loving the KeyOne. I easily get 1.5-2 days battery life out of it w/ heavy usage. It is a workhorse of a phone.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but I'll comment just the same. I've got both, an iPhone 7 Plus and a Keyone. I personally find that my iPhone is faster and more reliable. The Keyone loses signal to much and apps I use a lot seem to freeze and lag. I have a feeling it'll be listed soon.

PJD642

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I had a succession of BlackBerries - 9630, 9650, 9930, Q10, and finally accepted that things had changed and purchased a KEYone when it first was available on Amazon for Verizon. Over several months I played with it, and could NEVER get my calendars to 2-way sync, my contacts to show correctly, and several other niggling little problems. I search a LOT of forums and KBs, tried everything (even stuff not directly related), and had no luck.

I finally said heck and tried my nephew's iPhone 6. Lo & behold everything did what it was supposed to do - 2-way calendar sync, contacts showing up, etc. Plus I found the iOS was a lot more intuitive than Android. I ended up trading the KEYone for an iPad air 2, and haven't looked back.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have both K1 and iPhone X. These two are both amazing gadgets, but with very different approaches. iPhone, obviously, has better materials and design, though K1 is much more tough in a day-to-day use. I just don't use any case with mine, albeit my iPhone never see light day without a good one. For me iOS is far better than Android, but OS on K1 is surprisingly trustful for me. In resume, both are awesome devices, the choose needs to lie only on your specific needs. I simply can't see myself without any of it, actually.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro