What made you get  products?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious to know what made you switch to  or what would make you switch to another ecosystem and why!

I made the switch to  mostly for it's ease of use and seamless interaction. But also for it's convenience. There's an  Store nearby, you can chat with support via your computer or their app, they're very accommodating for support or repair too!
And they have fast, reliable products!

Josiah23

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
To try it out.

I've always been an Android user and wanted to see why it's so popular.

I started out with a MacBook and eventually someone gave me a 6S+ as a Christmas gift

It's a good switch, I'm really liking the Apple ecosystem and Apple has been treating me nice

This phone has been very reliable and is pretty good when it comes to battery life.

I still have and of course still use Android but it's not my daily driver.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
BlackBerry 10 is EOL and Android didn't appeal to me so I decided to take a bite of the forbidden fruit so to speak and got my first iPhone a 7 Plus. Meets my needs and that's all that matters to me.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
True story. I loathed and despised Apple ever since having to use a Mac in school. Why? No right click. Yeah, true story. Anyway, after switching between Blackberry and Android for some time, Steve Jobs passed and I felt like I owed it to him to at least try his phone since he was considered one of the greatest innovators/inventors of this era. As much as I wanted to hate the iPhone 4 I bought, I couldn't, I loved it. Now I'm all in the Apple ecosystem.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
i never really cared about Apple at all... had nothing but Windows PCs, and first smartphone was a BlackBerry.

Started to pay attention to Apple when everyone started getting iPods, and I started seeing the iMac everywhere. The original iPhone was my first Apple product.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
As someone that originally came from the Windows world, I was looking for simplicity like I had on Windows phone. I tried Android first but it didn't give me that feel so I figured that I should try the other side.

Also I loved that they had small phones with good cameras. Those two things were enough to get me to try it out. I really liked the 5S but hated the lack of a band I needed at work. The SE came out and it resolved that.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
It basically came down to build quality for me. :)

Almost every windows laptop I looked at came with a plastic build. Which is fine but not when you spending north of $1K on it :) . So when I saw my friends Macbook which has a very strong keyboard and a stiff screen with NO plastic, I just fell in love.

After a while, which was just a coincidence. I started to like the OS more and the battery life was great. Would I ever go back to windows? Razer has me considering. They building some fantastic laptops. Just a little pricy.

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I used to work for AT&T when the the first iPhone was released and fell in love. Before then I was team blackberry lol

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Always been a runner & music listener. When the iPod came out, made running great. Been hooked on the apple ecosystem since

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Got fed up with Samsung after Note 7 debacle. Went to the Note 5. Not happy. Decided to try when heard Samsung watch would be compatible. 7Plus rose gold. Then iPad Pro 12.9. Apple Watch and the Mac Pro
Love it all. Not looking back

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'll be honest... I ran a Nokia blog for almost 10 years and was soooooo anti-Apple it wasn't even funny. I remember when the first iPhone came out I extensively did comparisons with Nokia devices and services that I had because the mobile community was determined to name Apple's products first for everything. i.e. iPod was the first MP3 player which it wasn't lol.... basically I guess I was a hater. But my first Apple product was a PowerBook G4. My brother was a DJ in NYC and when he decided to upgrade his laptop he passed his down to me. Once I hit that power button it was over with... Windows was the past. Steve Job's always believe in the "easy on" theory and it always just worked. So, with PowerBook G4 in hand and all the music that my brother left on the machine, I bought an iPod..... pretty much the rest is history. Even though companies did their best to create software compatible to assist in non-apple devices being used with the computers, the ease of its own just made things run smoothly and flawless for me. I ended up purchasing my first intel MacBook and the 1st Gen iPhone later after that and never looked back, lol.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
They just work, and they work well! When I got my first MacBook Pro, I originally wanted it just so that I could have a more well-rounded experience with other computer operating systems. At that time, Windows was the only one I'd ever owned, but I had a temp job once where I had to use a Mac. At the time when I got my MBP, I was studying digital/web design and was only familiar with Windows; it's not much different on a Mac.

Also, I have to say that I've absolutely had loads more issues using Windows than with Mac, including recently. In March, my Sony VAIO Windows 7 laptop, which I got in early 2010, died. I had my best friend take a look at it since she's a former programmer and extremely computer savvy and she determined that the motherboard died. That was a relief because I was able to purchase another Sony VAIO (for super cheap on eBay) that looks identical to mine except for the color and I installed the hard drive of my old computer to that one. However, earlier this week, I ran into that B.S. "This copy of Windows is not genuine" error and had to deal with that. The reason I'm rambling about this is because I've literally had zero issues with Mac in comparison. The biggest issues I've had with any Mac is the computer freezing maybe twice in nearly 7 years and the fact that I had to update the OS via a bootable drive (but that was my own fault for keeping it on Snow Leopard for so long, lol).

I know this thread is about Apple products in general (and I love my iPhone and iPad as well), but I just had to share my Mac vs Windows story. :p

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The decision to come to Apple for our first smartphones was a no-brainer. Apple's iOS is more secure, and there are updates. I have been very happy.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Because of got sick of Google. Hated that they only support their flagship phones for 2 years. Glad I made the switch to Apple.... I'll never go back. Ever.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
They just work, and they work well!

Ditto!

The entire 8-ish years I was using Android and my wife used iOS, I always said Apple just works. So I gave it a try and sure enough, it works. Plus I got tired of tinkering with my Android phone on a daily basis.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Ditto!

The entire 8-ish years I was using Android and my wife used iOS, I always said Apple just works. So I gave it a try and sure enough, it works. Plus I got tired of tinkering with my Android phone on a daily basis.

Sometimes it felt like Android was a full time job.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes it felt like Android was a full time job.

Well, to be fair, most of my Android phones were Google / Nexus devices that were rooted and running custom roms. I guess I just got tired of having to tinker to keep them running.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I was a passenger on a sinking platform called the S.S. webOS and decided on iOS over android because of there great hardware and software reliability and the fact that Apple had there sea legs and no hull leaks

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Made the switch from BlackBerry BBOS and BB10. First my work device was issued and then the BlackBerry App gap. However, I may switch back to BlackBerry if the new KEYone is as advertised