What made you get  products?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had a mbp since 08 and it came with an iPod touch. I kinda wanted an iPhone after that but I could not bring myself to be one of those apple people. I eventually gave in and got an iPhone 4s and now have a 6S.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
After much frustration I took the bite and am glad. And when I make a change I do it big as my family says. I also got he iPad Pro and Mac Pro. So am in the ecosystem 100%. Love the 7plus. My only complaint is the antenna is not strong enough to handle the LTE Verizon in AZ. Apple genius told me to keep it on cellular and not the LTE and they told me it is the antenna. Hopefully they will fix that issue in their new releases

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Jumped into the Android pool in 2008 when I worked for Sprint. When Sprint obtained the iPhone in 2011, I believe it was, I started rocking two phones. An iPhone and an Android device (occasionally throwing a blackberry in the mix). I continued to bounce between the devices for several years. Then the iPhone 6 came out. I enjoyed the larger screen. At that same time I was leaving Sprint as well so I no longer had a need for 2 devices. So I had to make a decision. iPhone is what I went with because I already had an iPad and an Apple TV. Figured it would be easiest to keep things consistent. Since that time I've upgraded my iPad, purchased a Macbook, an Apple watch, and AirPods. So at this point, I'm too invested in the ecosystem (well done Apple) and have no intentions on leaving for good.

dasupaman23

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Was working at a cell phone store when the first iPhone dropped. We didn't carry Cingular at the time so I remember being excited when geohotz unlocked the iPhone for T-Mobile. When it was ready for the public I started jail breaking and unlocked them to resell in our store. Was always a Sidekick/Blackberry fan. After using one of the iPhones for myself I knew I had to keep it. Then I got a intel Black MacBook. After that I had to at least try every iPhone and major Apple product.

I've always carried a second device usually the latest flagship android all while using the iPhone as my main line. I stopped when I got the 7 plus. Also the Note 7 issues but I think I'm getting older and just want one device that just works.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It was that Gold iPhone 5s commercial that did it for me and I've haven't looked back. It took me a long time to convert by way of Blackberry, Android and now finally Apple. I'm still trying to figure out what took me so long...LOL

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
They just work! I have both Android and iPhone and always go back to the iPhone. Perfect example: This morning I open a .xls file on my Android and can't properly read the document. I download several different apps to try and read the document and nothing. I then pick up my iPhone open the email, tap the document and boom, it just works.

When you are trying to get work done the last thing you want to do is have your tool not work then have to research a fix for it.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I prefer Android but stick with iOS for one reason: security. I love the fact that iOS updates aren't subject to carrier approval!

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
As a music lover I started out with the original iPod (before smartphones) and just naturally evolved to the to the latest iPhones.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I had an old iPod that I was given but my phone was a blackberry and my laptop and desktop both PCs.

I realised my Blackberry was dead in the water in terms of usefulness. App developers weren't supporting it and apps I wanted just weren't available. I could get on with android so I went for an iPhone 4 and have been iPhone ever since.

When I wanted a tablet I got an iPad mini.

My PC and laptop are still both PC and most probably always will be. In terms of computer bang for buck you'll always get a better deal with PC over Apple

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I had an old iPod that I was given but my phone was a blackberry and my laptop and desktop both PCs.

I realised my Blackberry was dead in the water in terms of usefulness. App developers weren't supporting it and apps I wanted just weren't available. I could get on with android so I went for an iPhone 4 and have been iPhone ever since.

When I wanted a tablet I got an iPad mini.

My PC and laptop are still both PC and most probably always will be. In terms of computer bang for buck you'll always get a better deal with PC over Apple

I'm just the other way on computers, I think you pay more for an Apple Mac or MacBook but they last longer and they actually have resale value.

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site
After trying several Android tablets and finding them "lacking", I went with the original (iPad). For home computer, I don't like what Windows has become with 10 and Linux doesn't have the software availability I want. AT&T's current deal on the iPhone SE allowed me to complete the trifecta!

Dealz417

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
iPhone 7+ is my first Apple product and I'm glad I got it. My decision to get one was due to the Galaxy Note7 battery issue.

I do miss the customisation on Android but I can live without that for the buttery smooth OS, better developed apps, Touch ID, better battery life, frequent & timely software updates and better back ups of the device.

I'm planning on getting an Apple Watch and iPad in the very near future.

rday76

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I started out being invested in iTunes and Mac in college. Then it just progressed from their to fully adopting the ecosystem

cubs88

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
Initially because I was in love with the iPod. Then the iPhone came alone which felt like a natural progression and I haven't looked back since. I didn't get my first mac until I got my first proper job (broke student) and more recently I bought the AirPods so I'm fairly deeply entrenched in the ecosystem now. It would take a few lean years from Apple to really turn my head at this point.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Long story, made brief: I came back to Apple after a five-year fling with Windows because I got sick of the required tweaking, tinkering, mandatory (often broken) updates, and reinstallations. Give me simple "it just works".

New handle, "Tinkernaught", came with the ecosystem switch. Zero, zip, zilch tinkering required on my devices, please.

jbiz404

May 17, 2017
Visit site
I got my first apple product with the iPhone 4. I continued to use both android and apple phones up until the 6 came out. At that time I also purchased an Apple TV and a MacBook. It was really then that I was hooked, I fell in love with the ecosystem and the harmony of all their products.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh