Got tired of having to do battery pulls on BlackBerry. I swapped over on the 2nd gen iPhone, the 3G.
    Oh my God!
    I’ve forgotten that I used to do that too
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-15-2017 07:12 PM
    When the iPad 5 came it has the best screen for the price and I need it to edit my photos and the existing ecosystem being very supportive for that also helps a lot. Now it’s my main computing device and I work mostly on it nowadays.
    10-15-2017 09:10 PM
    Got the first iPhone in 2007. It was a “must have” back then. But at the time I was a Windows and BlackBerry user. Really liked it, but switched back and forth between iOS, BlackBerry, Windows, and Android for years. I had the iPhone 4 when my mom bought me a MacBook Pro to replace my aging Dell. That was pretty much it, I was locked in.

A few years later I tried to break out by getting a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 tablet... but the overall experience was just lag and jutter. Yeah, it was customizable compared to iOS and had great specs on paper... but it felt a lot like old BlackBerry. Everyone chasing the next best kernel and ROM combo. Ditched the Nexus twins and doubled down on Apple and got an iPhone 5S and iPad Air and upgraded my MacBook to 8gb of ram. The integration between iOS and OS X is just hard to beat.

Still play with Android every now and then.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-16-2017 12:03 PM
    I had blackberry up until the first Droid phone. Had multiple android devices with the last one the Note 4. Loved the device but was ready for a new phone.
    Then came the Note 7 battery issue. Didn’t want the S7 so I decided to give the IPhone 7+ a try. Didn’t think I would like it. But from day one I was impressed. No random reboots and everything just seemed smooth.

Now I just got the X and also have an IPad. Couldn’t be any happier.
    11-03-2017 08:40 PM
    I had blackberry up until the first Droid phone. Had multiple android devices with the last one the Note 4. Loved the device but was ready for a new phone.
    Then came the Note 7 battery issue. Didn’t want the S7 so I decided to give the IPhone 7+ a try. Didn’t think I would like it. But from day one I was impressed. No random reboots and everything just seemed smooth.

Now I just got the X and also have an IPad. Couldn’t be any happier.
    How’s the iPhone X
    11-03-2017 09:01 PM
    How’s the iPhone X
    Love it so far. Smooth, face unlock works fine. I wasn’t worried about loosing the home button as I only had an iPhone for 1 year.

Fits in my hand better than the 7+ with a slightly bigger screen. Currently have no complaints.
    11-03-2017 09:06 PM
    We converted our computers to iMacs back in 2008 for our business and have never looked back.

Networking was simplified and we quickly adapted to Mac OS. Back then we where all using Blackberry devices for our business phones.

I now have the iPhone X and also have a Blackberry KeyOne because I will always have a soft spot for the brand.

So far I am liking the iPhone X and the gesture concept. It takes me back to Blackberry OS10 which I loved and Apple has done a great job for their first device using gestures to navigate.

I have said this many times not only on these forums but also on other ones. Apple has become a billion dollar company because they delivered what the consumer asked for and are being rewarded for their efforts.

So far I am loving my new iPhone X and don’t even think about the 1100 dollars and change I spent for it. My hats off to the development team a Apple for delivering a great new product.
    11-05-2017 05:05 PM
    My first two smartphones were the Samsung S2 and S4. About 18 months into using the S4 my charger port stopped working. My phone company wanted to charge me a couple hundred to fix it and I said sod that and signed a new contract with an iPhone 5c. Since then I’ve had the iPhone six plus- which has been my daily driver since I got it in 2015, Samsung S6, Samsung S7E and now finally my brand new iPhone 8 Plus which I got a couple of days ago. Even though I had the S6 and S7E I never used them. I love iOS and will probably no longer ever get an android device ever again
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    12-01-2017 05:31 PM
    My wife had a palm pixie(she absolutely loved it) and when it died she went to the iPhone 5. I think I had the Samsung galaxy epic 4g touch and thought it was great. I bought her an iPad mini2 128gb and we loved it (still do to this day). Then came the iPhone 6plus then a MacBook for me. I loved the ip6 plus but wanted a smaller phone so I went iPhone 6s. Also when I went with a MacBook for me and a MacBook Pro for my wife I bought an AirPort Extreme along with a couple of airport express. Now we have the ip8(me) iPhone X (wife) iPod Touch (daughter) and our MacBooks and iPad.

I guess my wife started it and then we were drawn in from there. Everything worked well and seamlessly together so we naturally stayed and now we are firmly entrenched in the Apple ecosystem. I also own a galaxy s8 that Samsung gave me.

Another thing that pushed me to apple was a purchase I made of a $1600+ hp envy touchscreen laptop. It was a core i7 had ssd 15” touchscreen, beats speakers. I thought it was gonna be great like it looked on paper but I had a lot of issues with it and ended up selling it for a huge loss because I was so sick of it. I tried to add a bigger ssd and reloaded everything a bunch of times but it was just plain garbage. I will not buy another expensive Hp laptop again. Since I bought a 12” MacBook (I recently sold it) and my new MacBook Pro I have had no issues. They just work every time without fail. Plus I don’t get any computer viruses.

When I do have issues with my Apple products it is nice that they have the store, that a huge part of it for me. There wasn’t an HP store to go to when my envy laptop was stinking up the joint.....
    12-01-2017 07:39 PM
    first phone was a motorola then had the sidekicks then blackberries then i had the galaxy s2. i always praised the phone/company i was with at the time and have always bashed on apple lol but i started getting tired of rooting my s2 and one day i finally bricked it.. had to get a new fone.. it was either a nexus or the 5s.. i finally gave apple a shot and picked the 5s. fell inlove with the phone and havent looked back since then! been upgrading every year and now i have a silver 256 gb iphone x!!

oh and i also LOVE my beatsX, apple watch series 1, imac and apple tv 4!
    AppleKarma likes this.
    12-05-2017 09:32 PM
60 123