What made you get  products?

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
After the launch of the very first iPhone, it was somewhat of a luxury to be able to afford one in a third world country; I remember having to jump through hoops to unlock it (still have the AT&T sim and first gen).
The idea that we could use a device without a keyboard for work purposes was definitely new.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I first got the iPod mini back in 2005 because I wanted an MP3 player and the iPod looked nice and it was available in pink. I liked the way it worked so I bought a few more iPods (classic, nano). Then after a disappointing experience with the blackberry pearl I got the iPhone 3G in 2009. That was the what eventually led me to getting other Apple products like iPads, a MacBook, the Apple TV and the Apple Watch.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, first trigger was from Apple's prestige with their expensive products, I bought ipod nano 1st generation. With just ipod it didn't earned much for my "must have" device.

After that, I was gifted ipod nano new generation (which is bad in my opinion, never used it and the battery just died, never try to repair it)

then bought I blackberry, used for many years (great product back then), then switch to android because of the various app

Triggered with many disappointment with the laggy performance android product, i bought the expensive iphone 5 (at least for me), very satisfied for 2 years (still used as my second phone now, it's been 5 or more year - i think, never count).

Starting From this point, apple product really earned my "must have" product (if i can afford :v)

I bought macbook air (with bloodly spent) and no disappointment as well (can't used mid class laptop anymore).

Then the huge screen phone trend came, distracted with the "magic", I bought some android big screen phone and android tab (lastly samsung note 5, which have a very bad battery performance).

Finally, i sell my android tab, bought ipad air 1st generation, sold the note 5, bought iphone 6s +

I have to be honest, I'm kinda apple fans. I'm not openly admit that. I always said I'm open minded to all kind of current os or phone, but the truth is, i more into apple product, meanwhile, apart from good quality and performance, iphone or mac is not the best "featured equipped" devices), but still I love to use apple (and would have bought all their new product if I can afford that - too bad I don't LOL)

Funny I clearly know their products are expensive and not the most "advance feature" , but I still love them

Luckily I'm not that kinda person who love to bash other os blindly :v

But one thing for sure, although apple product has kinda late coming feature/ability, this company surely still hold the trend setter position in current market - thx for all apple die hard fans, apple prestige and marketing influences, and of course matured tech implementation for all their products

derekgraham78

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious to know what made you switch to  or what would make you switch to another ecosystem and why!

I made the switch to  mostly for it's ease of use and seamless interaction. But also for it's convenience. There's an  Store nearby, you can chat with support via your computer or their app, they're very accommodating for support or repair too!
And they have fast, reliable products!

How do you do the Apple logo

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Got tired of having to do battery pulls on BlackBerry. I swapped over on the 2nd gen iPhone, the 3G.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
When they came out, they were obviously AT&T exclusives and I was (and still am) a Verizon customer. The hype surrounding them made me want to try them. When the 4 came to Verizon I was on it. I admittedly haven’t been an  devotee until the last year+ but I’ve used every iPhone since the 4. I’ve had iPad, iPad 2, Air 2, Mini, Mini 2 and currently Mini 4. I’ve never had a MacBook sadly but I know I’ll eventually get myself one.

eccentrus

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
When the iPad 5 came it has the best screen for the price and I need it to edit my photos and the existing ecosystem being very supportive for that also helps a lot. Now it’s my main computing device and I work mostly on it nowadays.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Got the first iPhone in 2007. It was a “must have” back then. But at the time I was a Windows and BlackBerry user. Really liked it, but switched back and forth between iOS, BlackBerry, Windows, and Android for years. I had the iPhone 4 when my mom bought me a MacBook Pro to replace my aging Dell. That was pretty much it, I was locked in.

A few years later I tried to break out by getting a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 tablet... but the overall experience was just lag and jutter. Yeah, it was customizable compared to iOS and had great specs on paper... but it felt a lot like old BlackBerry. Everyone chasing the next best kernel and ROM combo. Ditched the Nexus twins and doubled down on Apple and got an iPhone 5S and iPad Air and upgraded my MacBook to 8gb of ram. The integration between iOS and OS X is just hard to beat.

Still play with Android every now and then.

travis4380

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I had blackberry up until the first Droid phone. Had multiple android devices with the last one the Note 4. Loved the device but was ready for a new phone.
Then came the Note 7 battery issue. Didn’t want the S7 so I decided to give the IPhone 7+ a try. Didn’t think I would like it. But from day one I was impressed. No random reboots and everything just seemed smooth.

Now I just got the X and also have an IPad. Couldn’t be any happier.

derekgraham78

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I had blackberry up until the first Droid phone. Had multiple android devices with the last one the Note 4. Loved the device but was ready for a new phone.
Then came the Note 7 battery issue. Didn’t want the S7 so I decided to give the IPhone 7+ a try. Didn’t think I would like it. But from day one I was impressed. No random reboots and everything just seemed smooth.

Now I just got the X and also have an IPad. Couldn’t be any happier.

How’s the iPhone X

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
We converted our computers to iMacs back in 2008 for our business and have never looked back.

Networking was simplified and we quickly adapted to Mac OS. Back then we where all using Blackberry devices for our business phones.

I now have the iPhone X and also have a Blackberry KeyOne because I will always have a soft spot for the brand.

So far I am liking the iPhone X and the gesture concept. It takes me back to Blackberry OS10 which I loved and Apple has done a great job for their first device using gestures to navigate.

I have said this many times not only on these forums but also on other ones. Apple has become a billion dollar company because they delivered what the consumer asked for and are being rewarded for their efforts.

So far I am loving my new iPhone X and don’t even think about the 1100 dollars and change I spent for it. My hats off to the development team a Apple for delivering a great new product.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
My first two smartphones were the Samsung S2 and S4. About 18 months into using the S4 my charger port stopped working. My phone company wanted to charge me a couple hundred to fix it and I said sod that and signed a new contract with an iPhone 5c. Since then I’ve had the iPhone six plus- which has been my daily driver since I got it in 2015, Samsung S6, Samsung S7E and now finally my brand new iPhone 8 Plus which I got a couple of days ago. Even though I had the S6 and S7E I never used them. I love iOS and will probably no longer ever get an android device ever again

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
My wife had a palm pixie(she absolutely loved it) and when it died she went to the iPhone 5. I think I had the Samsung galaxy epic 4g touch and thought it was great. I bought her an iPad mini2 128gb and we loved it (still do to this day). Then came the iPhone 6plus then a MacBook for me. I loved the ip6 plus but wanted a smaller phone so I went iPhone 6s. Also when I went with a MacBook for me and a MacBook Pro for my wife I bought an AirPort Extreme along with a couple of airport express. Now we have the ip8(me) iPhone X (wife) iPod Touch (daughter) and our MacBooks and iPad.

I guess my wife started it and then we were drawn in from there. Everything worked well and seamlessly together so we naturally stayed and now we are firmly entrenched in the Apple ecosystem. I also own a galaxy s8 that Samsung gave me.

Another thing that pushed me to apple was a purchase I made of a $1600+ hp envy touchscreen laptop. It was a core i7 had ssd 15” touchscreen, beats speakers. I thought it was gonna be great like it looked on paper but I had a lot of issues with it and ended up selling it for a huge loss because I was so sick of it. I tried to add a bigger ssd and reloaded everything a bunch of times but it was just plain garbage. I will not buy another expensive Hp laptop again. Since I bought a 12” MacBook (I recently sold it) and my new MacBook Pro I have had no issues. They just work every time without fail. Plus I don’t get any computer viruses.

When I do have issues with my Apple products it is nice that they have the store, that a huge part of it for me. There wasn’t an HP store to go to when my envy laptop was stinking up the joint.....

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
first phone was a motorola then had the sidekicks then blackberries then i had the galaxy s2. i always praised the phone/company i was with at the time and have always bashed on apple lol but i started getting tired of rooting my s2 and one day i finally bricked it.. had to get a new fone.. it was either a nexus or the 5s.. i finally gave apple a shot and picked the 5s. fell inlove with the phone and havent looked back since then! been upgrading every year and now i have a silver 256 gb iphone x!!

oh and i also LOVE my beatsX, apple watch series 1, imac and apple tv 4!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2