Share your iPhone History!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Indeed. Going to a 4” screen from 5.5” is a pretty big gap.
But that form factor! And the Rose Gold SE is stunning

I know...But I'm rationalizing it to myself pretty wellI need my reading glasses to see the screen writing on the plus' 5.5" any way.... So wth is the difference really at that point

That rose gold SE is GORGEOUS indeed

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I am 61 and have been around since the early days. I started on Blackberry OS like a lot of folks. My first high end Android was the original Nexus One which I thought was a great design. Had most of the Nexus devices and always liked that series of devices.

I bought the original iPhone when it was introduced and then went to the 3, 4, 5,6,7 and eventually the iPhone 8. I still say that IOS is the most stable compared to Android.

I will say my favorite OS was Blackberry 10 because I like the gesture concept and the Hub. But I am also buying the iPhone X the day it becomes available for preorder.

Currently using a iPhone 8+ and a Blackberry K1 so I have the latest versions of the two most popular operating systems and enjoy going back and forth.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Update:

iPhone 3G
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPhone 5S
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6S Plus
iPhone 7
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 8

msyk5645

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 4

iPhone 4S

iPhone 5

iPhone 5C

iPhone 5S

iPhone 6

iPhone 6 Plus

iPhone 6S

iPhone 6S Plus

iPhone 7

iPhone 7 Plus

And finally,
iPhone 8 Plus
(didn’t have to jump on the smaller model on launch day this time!)

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I also have been a Verizon customer since my 1st phone. 1st smart phone was a Palm Treo. Had a 650 initially. The 650 was dropped in a parking lot and run over by a car so I upgraded to the 700p. After that I had a Pre. I loved that little thing but once HP decided it was done with Palm, it was time to look for something new. Verizon was really pushing the Android phones but I wanted the iPhone 4 that was new to them. The iPhone history looks like this:

- iPhone 4: Had this until the Dec. after the 5s came out. I really wanted the fingerprint reader in the 5s. I ended up giving it to my niece after she broker her phone.

- iPhone 5s: I had this until the Nov. after the 6 came out. I really wanted the bigger screen in the 6. Eventually I sold it to a friend cheap. It was used for less than a year and looked brand new.

- iPhone 6: This was my baby for the last 34 months. Probably the longest I ever used a single smartphone. I could have kept it longer but my father's iPhone 5 broke and I decided to give it to him.

- iPhone 8+: I decided to try this before ordering a 10. I thought I would love it. Bigger screen, great battery life and camera, still has Touch ID and blazing fast. All good things. It's just too big for me so it will be returned tomorrow. Shortest time I've ever owned a phone.

- iPhone 10: Order placed with Nov 3rd delivery expected. 256 gb Space Gray. Can't wait. All the benefits of the 8+ except for the lack of a home button and Touch ID. It will take some learnin' but I look forward to trying the future of Apple.

Last edited:

jdubb82

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
iPhone > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4s > iPhone 5 > iPhone 5s > iPhone 6 Plus > iPhone 6s Plus > iPhone 6 > iPhone 7 Plus > iPhone X

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
My history
Owned basically most of the androids until 2013. That's when I made the switch.

Bought a 32gb iphone 4s off eBay. Fell in love with it then a week later pre-ordered the iPhone 5s. Sooo.

iPhone 3g (bought for iPod)
iPhone 4s
iPhone 5s
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 plus
iPhone 6s plus

Switched back to Android for about 5 months s7 edge

iPhone 7 plus
iPhone X (current)

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Jan 2016 - Bought a used 6. Used for 2 weeks and switched back to Windows Phone

Sept 2016 - Decided to give a longer try, bought new 6S (told myself that it would be at least a year). Used 2 months and traded for a Pixel (later switched back to Windows Phone).

May 2017 - Bought used SE. Decided to switch to iOS for good (at least for the foreseeable future).

June 2017 - Bought used 7 and 7 Plus to see which size I liked most. Ended up selling both and keeping the SE. Will use it until either a new SE comes out in the Spring (if it happens), or until next fall when the new devices are announced. I rarely keep a phone for a year so just keeping it until next spring is a big step up for me.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4

iPhone 5

iPhone 6

iPhone 7

iPhone X

I had a 2yr contract with Verizon for every iPhone except the 6 & 7 which I financed and X which I bought outright.

The iPhone 4 is the 1st iPhone Verizon carried. Before that I had a few Kyocera phones and the Blackberry Storm which I liked the clicking screen but apparently I was the only one. Everyone hated it

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
c201f1fe48ee3192024d00430e3f53c9.jpg

There’s the wife’s original 3g still works. Me I started with 5s up 8 plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2