Red iPhone

jexner325

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Rene,

Love the new iPhone Red edition. I noticed that Apple references this phone as a "Limited Edition". Does this mean it is a limited run and not really another color option?

I love the color but would rather wait and get it in the iPhone X/8/Pro but an worried this may be a 1 hit wonder!

Thanks Rene

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Rene,

Love the new iPhone Red edition. I noticed that Apple references this phone as a "Limited Edition". Does this mean it is a limited run and not really another color option?

I love the color but would rather wait and get it in the iPhone X/8/Pro but an worried this may be a 1 hit wonder!

Thanks Rene

I am sure it might be something they do now and then as a way to try and boost sales. Would not surprise me if it remains as 7/7plus only and then maybe do something similar with the 8 6 months after launch.

jexner325

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I should clarify, it's a Special Edition. Nonetheless it sure seems like Apple isn't treating this like just another color option. It also would be maddening to go out and get this and have Apple drop a new iPhone with a red color option in 5 months. My hunch is that they may just introduce new color options on the Spring to keep interest high.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I should clarify, it's a Special Edition. Nonetheless it sure seems like Apple isn't treating this like just another color option. It also would be maddening to go out and get this and have Apple drop a new iPhone with a red color option in 5 months. My hunch is that they may just introduce new color options on the Spring to keep interest high.

They've always treated their (PRODUCT) RED stuff as "special edition" but there usually isn't a shortage of them. If the red iPhones are still selling I'm sure Apple will keep making them.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Even if it were a limited edition or a special edition I'd still have picked it up. I love the iPhone 7 Plus and I'm not even considering the anniversary edition. This ought to keep me going for a long time.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Rene,

Thanks Rene

I treat every color as a limited edition, since they could go away at any time. The classics are probably safe, but who really knows?

I think Special Edition was used so that Apple could mitigate expectations around a red iPhone 8. Otherwise people would just assume all iPhones going forward would also be red, like they assumed rose gold iPhone 7.

This gives Apple wiggle room to sell out and to decide on the future in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73