(Product) Red iPhone

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think a perfect solution is if you already have a Matte Black or Jet Black 7 or 7+, just put a red dbrand skin and enjoy the black/red combination iPhone!

MKBHD showed off one in his review and I must say, it looked great!

Looked nice but I love my JB too much to cover it up.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Kinda surprised at the hate for the white front. I may have a jet black now but I'm confident in saying I'll never own another black fronted iPhone again, I vastly prefer the white.

And white with red is stunning. It's so crisp. I just wish they'd done the ring on the home button in red as well...

This!!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I like it, I think it looks good with the white front. I also think it would look good with a black front. I'm not thrilled by the idea of a red front, I think having the front white or black provides a good (and needed) contrast to the red back. I do agree with the poster that said it would be nice if Apple gave the choice of a white or black front.

I'd be happy to trade in my current 7 Plus if I could just switch to the red, I'd even pay a modest upgrade fee, but I'm not willing to pay for a new iPhone just to get it in red.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE the red! I was disappointed to see that it has the white faceplate, though, and I just saw in the article Rene posted on the main page that it has the silver ring around the Home button?? I find that disappointing, too. Should have had the black faceplate and a red ring around the Home button, IMO. If the red iPhone 7 looked like that, I would absolutely consider it for my next iPhone purchase if I end up getting the 7 instead of the 8 or whatever it ends up being called.

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE the red! I was disappointed to see that it has the white faceplate, though, and I just saw in the article Rene posted on the main page that it has the silver ring around the Home button?? I find that disappointing, too. Should have had the black faceplate and a red ring around the Home button, IMO. If the red iPhone 7 looked like that, I would absolutely consider it for my next iPhone purchase if I end up getting the 7 instead of the 8 or whatever it ends up being called.

Yeah, kinda wish the front was black and the ring was red.

https://youtu.be/D1MGy-RwA1I

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple just unveiled a new iPhone that will be available Friday 3/24....thoughts?

Like it, just wish they would have made it from the start and with a black face or at least the option for a black front with red back. Too late into the cycle for me to get now. Will wait for the 8. Maybe they make another red one for the 8

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
A ton of my friends love the white. IMO, white hides prints better but black is sleeker. Plus the white doesn't stay crisp very long. It's still whit but you can definitely see the difference compared to new devices. I did white on my daily driver because I loved the gold but it'll never be on another daily driver.

Weird - I've never noticed a colour difference with my old white phones and the new ones...

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Red back with black front seems such an obvious thing that it's difficult to fathom why Apple missed it...Unless of course,as someone said, they may reserve that combination for the iPhone 8...Now imagine a bezel less iPhone with these colors...

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I like the white front a lot on this phone. Think it makes it look really clean plus to me a white front on an iPhone makes more sense because all of the UI is white. I understand the video/gaming argument but I don't get distracted by the bezels and honestly I don't consume many games or videos on my phone. I use my iPad or TV.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
A ton of my friends love the white. IMO, white hides prints better but black is sleeker. Plus the white doesn't stay crisp very long. It's still whit but you can definitely see the difference compared to new devices. I did white on my daily driver because I loved the gold but it'll never be on another daily driver.

Never noticed any difference in mine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I like the red so much. I have secretly pined after the (PRODUCT) Red iPod Touch, hoping apple would someday introduce an iPhone in (PRODUCT) Red. Now I have a problem, wait until the new iPhone to upgrade my 6S or go with the (PRODUCT) Red 7 now.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I would or want to give up my Jet Black 7 Plus, but I'm curious if the Apple Store would allow the white front to be changed to a black front. The way screens are made, this is very much doable.

Edit...
Just got off the phone with my Apple store and to change the screen to BLACK on the red iPhone would be considered a modification and void the warranty so they don't do it

Last edited:

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if I would or want to give up my Jet Black 7 Plus, but I'm curious if the Apple Store would allow the white front to be changed to a black front. The way screens are made, this is very much doable.

Edit...
Just got off the phone with my Apple store and to change the screen to BLACK on the red iPhone would be considered a modification and void the warranty so they don't do it

I've never in all my time on iPhone had to use a warranty. I'd consider voiding my life insurance to put a black front on it

I say that now, but I'd probably drop kick it coming out of the Apple Store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73