Issue With iOS 10.3 Beta

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Wondering if you have seen this issue. I updated to iOS Beta 10.3 yesterday and now see an issue when closing Apps. When closing their is a small icon of the App that shows in the background and then the App closes. Its almost as if the iPhone is saving a screen shot of the App... not sure how to explain this. I have never seen this before on an iPhone and not in any of the Beta seeds of the past. I have participated in the Public Beta program from the beginning.

I fully understand its a Beta and issues are normal... but just wondering if I am the only one seeing this.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like maybe a "Recent Apps" feature. Like you are closing the app so it stops running, but could quickly re-open it if needed. Since it's beta it might only be "part" of a feature?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if you have seen this issue. I updated to iOS Beta 10.3 yesterday and now see an issue when closing Apps. When closing their is a small icon of the App that shows in the background and then the App closes. Its almost as if the iPhone is saving a screen shot of the App... not sure how to explain this. I have never seen this before on an iPhone and not in any of the Beta seeds of the past. I have participated in the Public Beta program from the beginning.

I fully understand its a Beta and issues are normal... but just wondering if I am the only one seeing this.

I'm not seeing it.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me

Apologies, having a hard time picturing what you're doing. Is this when you click the Home button and leave an app, or when you double click then swipe up to force quit it? Any chance you can screenshot what you're referring to?

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Apologies, having a hard time picturing what you're doing. Is this when you click the Home button and leave an app, or when you double click then swipe up to force quit it? Any chance you can screenshot what you're referring to?

Rene... This is a bit hard to explain. I'll give it another go. When I close an application or Safari there is a very small screen shot in the background, just for a second, of the last thing I did within the application as it is closing. For example, if I am on iMore and tap the home button to exit the site, I will see a very small screen shot of the iMore home page in the background as its closing. It happens so fast that I can't get an actual screen shot of it for you. In terms of the size of the small picture it's about the size of the fingernail on my little finger. It is really strange... no question! The other odd thing is that as this small screen shot is going away it ends disappearing under the application icon. Maybe I take a video of it and email it or post it so you can see it happen.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Update: We're going to take a video in slow motion so you can see this directly. Just let me be how to post it or if you want me to send it to a specific email, etc.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the zoom turned on that is what i've seen doing this. General> Accessibility> Zoom.

BINGO!!! That was it. Must have turned on during the 10.3 update as I never have it enabled. Would have never known. That is why I am an avid follower of iMore... their are people like you that know a lot more about this than I do. Very much appreciated!!

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Rene... Maybe you can explain more about the Zoom function. I have had iPhones since the iPhone 4s and have never known what this was for.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Rene... Maybe you can explain more about the Zoom function. I have had iPhones since the iPhone 4s and have never known what this was for.

When it's enabled you can tap the screen twice with 3 fingers to zoom up the screen to better read or whatever. Tap twice again with 3 fingers to zoom it back out. You can also use Assistive Touch in Accessibility to control the zoom.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
When it's enabled you can tap the screen twice with 3 fingers to zoom up the screen to better read or whatever. Tap twice again with 3 fingers to zoom it back out. You can also use Assistive Touch in Accessibility to control the zoom.

Well.... I do learn something new every day! Thank you all for the great input.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's meant to let people with low vision increase the size of elements on the screen so they can better see them. (Designers will also sometimes use zoom to inspect interface at the pixel level.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner