Losing phone/text/data connections randomly with 5s

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
My 5s has the following issues:
No voice-incoming calls go straight to VM. Can't make outgoing calls-just doesn't connect. No VM notifications.
No data-Sometimes will go from LTE to 4G BUT no actual data connection despite it saying 4G. When this happens no texting but may have iMessage.

This happens randomly and cannot tell from looking at the phone there is a problem. It is only discovered when I go to use it or someone tells me they tried to call and got VM.

A reboot solves the problem immediately...until next time which may be later that day or later that week.

I have tried master reset and restore without change.

It does this on both iOS 9 and 10.

Ideas?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you've done all the major troubleshooting steps. Honestly after what you've tried, it sounds like it is a carrier issue. Possibly a swapping of the SIM card would resolve the issue. But if you've done all the resets and determined the phone has the same issue on both iOS 9 and 10, then it sounds like it is your network.

I don't know if you're restoring your iPhone after doing the hard reset. But it may help to reset your iPhone and set it up as new and go from there. See if the issue replicates with a completely fresh OS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh