iPhone 10 (yeah I said it)

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
So, are we just getting a little candy before Halloween?

The iPhone 7 is great, but really this timing of getting the same body style for three years is suspicious. You could say it's lower demand across all markets for phones since they are all getting so awesome and long lasting OR...is it because the 10th anniversary is right around the corner and the next big thing is going to be over the top?!?

I wouldn't expect a 7S next year...expect the 10, and it's going to be insane!

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm not going too far. 😂 I don't expect an iPhone 7s next year. They can't stand with almost the same design over 3 years. Probably they're going to announce the iPhone 8.

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

The iPhone 7 is great, but really this timing of getting the same body style for three years is suspicious. You could say it's lower demand across all markets for phones since they are all getting so awesome and long lasting OR...is it because the 10th anniversary is right around the corner and the next big thing is going to be over the top?!?

Lol Iphones are apples biggest seller and on top of that the Wolf's are knocking on the door. I really don't think apple purposely is holding something back for a year. 1+1 Samsung Nexus axon all had their biggest sales year. Apple just doesn't wow people with new things anymore. But hey I'm coming back to iOS from my 6p soooo

ogl > cal

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I think such high expectations may result in a let down. I've honestly never expected anything ground shaking with the 10th anniversary device. Maybe a nice design and a few new bells and whistles between the hardware and iOS 11. But nothing too crazy. Mobile devices seem to have peaked for the moment. There's very little "wow factor" anymore.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My thought is that they will change the name to apple phone like the watch to just show how different it is from the iPhone

I'm not sure they'll change the name to Apple Phone because iPhone is such a staple in the smartphone world. Apple Watch was a brand new product so it didn't have years of name recognition like the iPhone. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they drop the number and simply call it "iPhone".

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Since posting this last year I still believe it will be pronounced the iPhone 10 "ten" not X "ex"...but we'll know in a couple hours...finger crossed my predictive abilities are on par.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Name not important...
4b6fc5c6b66b6f438390eb08fae98f94.jpg