My experience of cracking my 6s screen and how Apple helped me

tmlfan4life

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Recently I was leaving a McDonald's and by mistake as I was putting my 6s in my pocked it feel out of my hand and when I picked it up the screen was cracked. It only feel about 2-3 feet, although it did fall onto a concreate floor. I only bring that up since I have seen YouTube video's of iPhone's being dropped from 50 feet in various cases and some had little or no damage. Anyway after collecting my thoughts for a few minutes I went to an Apple Store that was around 15-20 minutes away, although with construction and it took longer to get there. So after getting to the Apple Store I'm talkig with the employee on the iPad who checks people in for their Guiness Bar appointments and obviously I did not have one. I'm told no problem and 5-10 minutes later I was seen by a Guiness Bar employee. After going through the tests on my 6s I was given a paper which said to return at 6:40 PM so my screen was going to be fixed that day. With Apple Care the cost was $129 and after taxes it was $145, so it was worth it.

After that experience I decided to purchase that HD glass screen protector from the Apple Store a week later. I can't remember the name of it, however it was the top of the line version. I also purchased one of the official Apple Silicon cases. Previously I was using a case I bought at Walt Disney World, however when comparing them that one stretched out a lot more on the sides, where as the one from Apple seems to protect it better.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your experience with the members of iMore. I'm glad you received excellent service at the Apple Store which has become a standard just about everywhere concerning Apple.
I also have an Apple Silicone case , but these days since I'm out and about more during this time of year, I choose to use a case that provides more protection. I'm currently using the LifeProof Nudd which provides all around protection.
Enjoy your new  Silicone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your story. This is the level of service we've come to expect from Apple. I have an Apple silicone case and a few Apple leather cases that I rotate between (when I actually use a case) and they're great.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah...I just had yet another wonderful experience with Apple Store...lets just say an incident with a boat anchor...Screen smashed-frame bent...while on vacation... Had to come downstate for something during, so setup appt in store. Fortunately I had AppleCare+ on 6s+ and screen/device was somewhat still working..was able to iCloud Photos upload my vaca pics before I went to store.. They swapped device. Out the door in an hour only cuz I was letting backup stuff load back up in store. You get what you pay for! Loved it!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Recently I was leaving a McDonald's and by mistake as I was putting my 6s in my pocked it feel out of my hand and when I picked it up the screen was cracked. It only feel about 2-3 feet, although it did fall onto a concreate floor. I only bring that up since I have seen YouTube video's of iPhone's being dropped from 50 feet in various cases and some had little or no damage. Anyway after collecting my thoughts for a few minutes I went to an Apple Store that was around 15-20 minutes away, although with construction and it took longer to get there. So after getting to the Apple Store I'm talkig with the employee on the iPad who checks people in for their Guiness Bar appointments and obviously I did not have one. I'm told no problem and 5-10 minutes later I was seen by a Guiness Bar employee. After going through the tests on my 6s I was given a paper which said to return at 6:40 PM so my screen was going to be fixed that day. With Apple Care the cost was $129 and after taxes it was $145, so it was worth it.

After that experience I decided to purchase that HD glass screen protector from the Apple Store a week later. I can't remember the name of it, however it was the top of the line version. I also purchased one of the official Apple Silicon cases. Previously I was using a case I bought at Walt Disney World, however when comparing them that one stretched out a lot more on the sides, where as the one from Apple seems to protect it better.

I thought the 6S Screen replacement cost was $99 with Apple Care and $129 without?

Edit: I'm thinking of AppleCare+. Not standard AppleCare

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2