Does anyone use a battery case?

Eillasa

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Wow.. that Kuner case looks extremely nice.. Thanks for info. The 1by one battery case from Amazon looks nice also.. very good price, too!!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Mophie has 2 year warranty plus they are having a 30% off sale...I ordered mine from Amazon I totally missed the sale...sale ends May 30th.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1464183441.994325.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1464183455.962768.jpg

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If I feel the need for a battery case, I simultaneously feel the need for a different phone. There is no reason an iPhone or anything else should not be able to last a full day of use. Heavy gaming might put a strain on that, but that is an entirely different use case, and I have better things to do with my life.

Battery cases tend to be quite large and add quite a bit of bulk to a device. They make a 6s the size of a 6S Plus, or larger, defeating the purpose of the smaller phone.

Your full day of use differs from my full day of use. So for your uses it may last a full day. My iPhone will barely make it past 1 in the afternoon. Fortunately I have a charger at my desk so it isn't an issue. I wake up with a full charge, use my phone during the day and charge it in the afternoon before I leave work so I have a full charge into my evening.

KAWZ

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I use the Apple battery case. In comparison to Mophie's options, clearly the battery doesn't last as long but it gives me a few more hours which is better than nothing. I decided to get Apple's battery case over Mophie because integration and the lightening port are important to me. It's enough for what I need and it doesn't feel so bulky, Quasimodo and all.

KAWZ

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
If I feel the need for a battery case, I simultaneously feel the need for a different phone. There is no reason an iPhone or anything else should not be able to last a full day of use. Heavy gaming might put a strain on that, but that is an entirely different use case, and I have better things to do with my life.

Battery cases tend to be quite large and add quite a bit of bulk to a device. They make a 6s the size of a 6S Plus, or larger, defeating the purpose of the smaller phone.

There "should" be no reason that an iPhone doesn't last, but unfortunately there are reasons lol. Phones are meant to be used, and in using them during my long work and travel days the battery isn't enough. I'm also not interested in outlet anxiety lol so an extra battery (case) is great. A case doesn't defeat the purpose of a slim phone because the actual phone is slim, and a case is simply an option.

sweeperdk

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Currently using the smart battery case and am considering purchasing the ThinCharge case simply due to the looks of it. I like that it's barely noticeable that it's a battery case.

pytsteph

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the Mophie Juice Air for my iPhone 6s - works perfectly fine. I wish I didn't have to use it, but alas.. the battery issue is never ending story. The only thing I don't like about it, is the weight, but then again much like an earlier poster said its really good at protecting your phone. The case itself is sturdy for any impact. It's good to have.

MeanMark

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I use the Apple smart battery case and so far, it's pretty good. I still have battery power left when I go to bed around 11pm. The bulk is a downside and I've been thinking about only using it when I'm away from power for an extended period of time. I have a charger at work so there's really no need to worry about power during the day.

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Got my case today mophie while it looks nice it add bulk but not a great amount...1 draw back which I did not know about is the headphone jack extension not pretty! Their other cases never needed it! See pic...Great thing about the charging is the usb charges the case and the phone at same time meaning the case is off but it needs charging so I put phones in case plug is the USB to charge case the phone us charging too without me turning on battery case...so u don't need to take phone out to charge both by power outlet...ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1464368260.968923.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1464368435.105953.jpg

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Got my case today mophie while it looks nice it add bulk but not a great amount...1 draw back which I did not know about is the headphone jack extension not pretty! Their other cases never needed it! See pic...Great thing about the charging is the usb charges the case and the phone at same time meaning the case is off but it needs charging so I put phones in case plug is the USB to charge case the phone us charging too without me turning on battery case...so u don't need to take phone out to charge both by power outlet...View attachment 107368

I forgot the Mophie needed an extra piece... does it come with two?

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I forgot the Mophie needed an extra piece... does it come with two?

No it comes with only one...case has the iPhone 8 pin connector that's why u can charge phone and case same time...and also the lights at the back that let you know the % of power that the battery pack is @ while plugged in to charge does not stay lit...it use to stay lit on older models on newer models of mophie battery cases the lights goes out so u might think it's not charging and it defective but it's not...I thought this at first because the battery case light kept going out and I always have to press to see if case is fully charged or charging so I left it alone check back in an hour pressed button on case and it was fully charged!
e96c7b3e1e1bde03fd4d8194df3439cb.jpg
65c8837114d3cc111ff4618c2b24fb11.jpg
cb860e95fe174d05f0558290555aa114.jpg
2f7dcf3aa7be26cfaaf033ca7c2b0bd3.jpg

Last edited:

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I use the Apple battery case. In comparison to Mophie's options, clearly the battery doesn't last as long but it gives me a few more hours which is better than nothing. I decided to get Apple's battery case over Mophie because integration and the lightening port are important to me. It's enough for what I need and it doesn't feel so bulky, Quasimodo and all.

just "a few more hours" ? My Apple battery case gives me almost an entire working day

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm liking mine on weekends when I don't want to think about it. You're right, the battery in the case lasts nearly all day before it hits the phone.

For instance, I took mine out of charger this morning at 06:30 and now, at 12:30, the battery case is at 60% with a quite heavy use... I'm more than satisfied about that.

I'm also quite happy about the reduced number of charging cycles on my battery: only 51 in almost 5 months thanks to the battery case. Without it I would probably be at around 120 cycles....

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
For instance, I took mine out of charger this morning at 06:30 and now, at 12:30, the battery case is at 60% with a quite heavy use... I'm more than satisfied about that.

I'm also quite happy about the reduced number of charging cycles on my battery: only 51 in almost 5 months thanks to the battery case. Without it I would probably be at around 120 cycles....
Yup! Knowing I have the power to spare, I do tend to use the phone more with the battery case and it holds a charge for a long time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox