Does anyone use a battery case?

Eillasa

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I appreciate everyone's input on this. Because these battery cases are not inexpensive.
I think it's useful to read everyone's experiences with all of the different choices available :)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I appreciate everyone's input on this. Because these battery cases are not inexpensive.
I think it's useful to read everyone's experiences with all of the different choices available :)

Yep, especially Apple battery case is quite expensive but if you are not going to use it on a daily basis (like me) I strongly think it's the best option since it is super easy to take in and out of your iPhone (the same isn't true about the Mophie for instance).

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
By not giving people the option to toggle it on and off, apple is making the choice for you. I'm not alone in believing that this was indeed flawed design choice. I have my theories to why the chose not to include a switch on the case(to make it as thin as possible). But why didn't they include the toggle in the software? It seems they integrated everything else into the software...I guess it was an oversight.

You took what I meant about the case being devalued out of context, or you did it intentionally.

The case has no value if you don't use it, that's what I meant. If someone has to think about removing the phone from the case in order to prevent it from draining the external battery from it passively then I think that is a problem. Not just for the battery, but for it being a case isn't it isn't being used.

For a lot of people, they want to have the choice to toggle the battery charger. Unbox Therapy, Marques Brownlee, Johnathan Morrison and even iVerge all agree that this case is flawed. A few videos linked below...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKTJZOdEghc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tuHrt42WnI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siTDA-n1hFg

It's ghetto talk, forgive me for my awkward slang...
Lol at quoting inbox therapy as a reliable source of information....

There is nothing flawed about the Apple battery case. Only an ugly design. But the best integration with iOS by far.

Eillasa

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I think I'm going to let my son replace my battery... very inexpensive. After that, I will probably just going to buy a Mophie off Ebay. When and after the new IPhone comes out, snag myself a reasonably priced 6s plus. So many IPhoners say that the battery is very good in that model. :) Thanks for all of the replies.

Last edited:

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to let my son replace my battery... very inexpensive. After that, I will probably just going to buy a Mophie off Ebay. When and after the new IPhone comes out, snag myself a reasonably priced 6s plus. So many IPhoners say that the battery is very good in that model. :) Thanks for all of the replies.

I wouldn't buy a mophie off eBay most likely a fake.

kwp217

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I will never buy another Mophie! They can be helpful but limited amounts of recharges. That's a lot of money to spend and it only last a year. I keep a USB plug with me and I never have battery issues. There are plugs every where these days to help keep a charge. I use my laptop, car charger, etc... if you really use a lot of battery by the battery pack and not the case. IMO

Jeremy Pilcher

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree. The bulk of most battery cases and the look is pretty bad. Apple's case is comparably priced and lets you use Lightning to charge. The iOS integration is pretty slick too. Easy to slip on and off...

hudss

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
No. With the 6 that I had and the 6s plus that I have now, I have been able to go all day on one charge. So, I have never had a need. In my opinion I should not have to use a battery case for more than one day of cell phone use.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use to, but stopped when I got the 6S Plus and I wanted to use my Olloclip lenses.

That's something I miss about 1. Using a case and 2. Using a screen protector. Both make the Olloclip a bit cumbersome. Olloclip made/makes a case but I'm fairly picky about cases so just haven't used the lenses unless I really want the wide/fisheye.

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have tried multiple battery cases over the years until I got a 6 Plus. I had a Mophie on my 4s and 5 but honestly I have found much better alternatives for better prices over the years. I am not a cheapskate by any means but I look for value and right now there is much more value on the market. Just my opinion though.

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I have tried multiple battery cases over the years until I got a 6 Plus. I had a Mophie on my 4s and 5 but honestly I have found much better alternatives for better prices over the years. I am not a cheapskate by any means but I look for value and right now there is much more value on the market. Just my opinion though.

Can u name a few alternatives so I can compare?!

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I use the apple smart battery case for my iPhone 6 I love it. It lasts long and feels amazing in the hand it's only for 6s and 6 though

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This is the one I purchased during my tests. Granted, I only used it for a week or so but it felt pretty good in the hand and would charge to more than 100%: http://www.amazon.com/1byone-Extern...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2748274

I have also used cases made by iBattz. They have interchangeable batteries and will more than get you through a day. They are also modular in that you can use them in conjunction with their tough cases. One word of caution, unless they have made significant changes their screen protectors are beyond crappy on their tough cases.