Does anyone use a battery case?

Eillasa

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I use a battery case. I think that I have battery anxiety :) Also, my battery is running at 89% per the Batterylife app. These battery cases make my phone heavy.. thinking about having battery replaced.. not covered by Apple Care anymore. Does anyone still use a battery case on their IPhone??

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm planing to get the Mophie juice pack for my iPhone 6S next month. And in the past, I've always used Mophie with all my iPhone's starting with the 4.
I like to go days without thinking about battery, and I like the weight of the combo iPhone and bat case, plus it offer huge protection to the iPhone when it fall on concrete some times.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I had a Mophie case on my 5S for nearly 2 years.
Worked as expected and it did function as a great case.
Good Luck.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the Apple Smart battery case for my 6s. I don't use a battery case everyday. Just for certain situations. I love this case. Not sure what phone your referring to though.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I like the concept but could not deal with the added weight/bulk.

I have a 6s Plus and the battery life is amazingly good however if I had a 6s which knowingly doesn't compare in terms of battery strength I still don't think I would use a battery case. Just too bulky and heavy for me.

Eillasa

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I am still using an Iphone 5c until the end of this year. Then I will upgrade myself to the 6s Plus. So, I'm not wanting to spend a bunch of money on my old phone. That is why I am using the battery case and toughing it out. My son said he can change my battery if I'm tired of my heavy battery case.. thinking about it. I should weigh this thing to see how heavy it actually is with this case on it..lol

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I am still using an Iphone 5c until the end of this year. Then I will upgrade myself to the 6s Plus. So, I'm not wanting to spend a bunch of money on my old phone. That is why I am using the battery case and toughing it out. My son said he can change my battery if I'm tired of my heavy battery case.. thinking about it. I should weigh this thing to see how heavy it actually is with this case on it..lol

Wait on the next generation iPhone. The 6S+ has great battery life(my current phone) but if the next phone has comparable battery life then I'd do with that then decide on getting a battery case afterwards.

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I have the 6s plus battery is pretty good but I get anxiety attacks when I m out and about and not able to recharge! I have used the mophie charger cases b4 they work very well but just a bit expensive....but we'll worth it!

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
If you decide to get a battery case, don't get apples...you can't toggle turning on/off the battery case itself. Mophie's you can.

My charging needs get taken care of from my 12000mAh power bank. It fits in my backpack along with other items, and It charges more than just my phone(PS Vita/3DS or my iPad Mini).

Eillasa

May 15, 2016
Visit site
That's good to know about the Apple case not having the switch. I definitely want to be able to turn it on or off. Thx!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
When using the Apple Battery Case and since it has no on/off toggle, does it kick in immediately or after the iPhone internal battery is low?
Just curious.
Good Luck

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I really cannot imagine using one of these because of the added bulk and weight. In saying that, I understand and respect why others would. However, anyone who needs one of these with a 6s Plus must either have a bad battery or absolutely live and breathe their entire day on their phone because I can be a heavy user on my 6s Plus and never ever risk running dry. LOL

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's good to know about the Apple case not having the switch. I definitely want to be able to turn it on or off. Thx!

Why would you need to turn it off? I have the Apple case and can't think of a reason. iOS manages the case and phone power on its own.

61a8d5579d765885f52a6650254a1a5f.jpg

And the fact it uses the same cord as my phone makes it a lot more convenient.

DriftSlave

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Why would you need to turn it off? I have the Apple case and can't think of a reason. iOS manages the case and phone power on its own.

And the fact it uses the same cord as my phone makes it a lot more convenient.

A lot of the the time people want a battery case for the "extra battery" to top off their phone without having to run to a outlet or having the need to plug the phone up to something or leave it stationary for it to charge.

For you, it might be convenient that the case drains before the phone battery but in practice many people rely on having a case like this as a "safety net" of sorts. Having a toggle imo is just a better design than a always on approach anyways because your not forced into using the case first nor are you put in a situation where you want to take your phone out your case in order to save the battery...because that will devalue the case itself.

I agree to disagree..is what i'm saying.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR