Can I change my Region to another for App Store?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I think you have to create a second Apple ID using an address in the US. Then sign out of iTunes. Then sign in with the new account. Maybe someone who knows more than I will come along.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Led you are wright. Did it the exact same way you described above almost 2 years ago. I am using two Apple IDs - one for the US store and my regular German one.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
He isn't correct actually. You can change your region, but once you do you are locked out of doing so again for a period of time. I changed mine once I left the States and never had to make a new account. If your purpose is to download an app off another store, I would do what they recommend and open another account associated with that country.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
He isn't correct actually. You can change your region, but once you do you are locked out of doing so again for a period of time. I changed mine once I left the States and never had to make a new account. If your purpose is to download an app off another store, I would do what they recommend and open another account associated with that country.

That's what I said above. You would have 2 accounts. To download apps and do updates, you'll have to switch back and forth.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Apologies, I took your advice to mean you'd have to use two separate accounts to do what the man is asking, which simply isn't true. That's what my reply was based on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apologies, I took your advice to mean you'd have to use two separate accounts to do what the man is asking, which simply isn't true. That's what my reply was based on.
When you update your payment method and billing address to the new location it automatically updates your Apple ID. And that's OK for a one way ticket. But if you want to switch back and forth between countries, 2 Apple ID's might be better. Seems that way anyhow.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR