Back and forth from iPhone to Android

SylvainLa

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I had 3-4 Android phones then bought an iPhone 5. Didn't like it and replaced it with another Android phone.

Got tired with Samsung lack of support to upgrade their phones so I sold all my Android devices and bought iPhone and iPad.

Since then, I never touched Android devices :)

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had iPhones since the 3G. For the most part I've been completely content (I love my 6s plus). Recently I've dabbled into the world of android to try something different.

My first experience was an HTC M8 which I promptly returned. A few months later I bought a Nexus 6 which I kept for a month and then sold. About 3 months ago I bought a Note 5 and I must say, it's my first android that I've actually enjoyed using. I figure I'll just keep both and use my iPhone as my daily driver. This way when I do get bored, I don't have to go out and buy another phone.

It turns out to be an expensive hobby.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I've had iPhones since the 3G. For the most part I've been completely content (I love my 6s plus). Recently I've dabbled into the world of android to try something different.

My first experience was an HTC M8 which I promptly returned. A few months later I bought a Nexus 6 which I kept for a month and then sold. About 3 months ago I bought a Note 5 and I must say, it's my first android that I've actually enjoyed using. I figure I'll just keep both and use my iPhone as my daily driver. This way when I do get bored, I don't have to go out and buy another phone.

It turns out to be an expensive hobby.
Accurate, it really can be. For me, it helps that I don't drink or smoke, so it's kind of a vice. :p

I'm thinking of doing the same as you though, just switching when I get bored. I'm kind of already doing that right now anyway. The iPhone is solid but I'm kind of bored with it.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Accurate, it really can be. For me, it helps that I don't drink or smoke, so it's kind of a vice. :p

I'm thinking of doing the same as you though, just switching when I get bored. I'm kind of already doing that right now anyway. The iPhone is solid but I'm kind of bored with it.

I agree, the iPhone is solid. It's been said many times that it just works and that is completely true.

I will occasionally switch SIM cards and take my note 5 out as my main device. Android does a lot of things right, but messaging isn't one of them. By the end of the day I will get frustrated about missed messages and go back to the iPhone.

I figure if I just keep one Android phone it'll satisfy my need for change without always costing me a fortune, haha.

Hectorius

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the same boat as you. I used to switch between my Note 5 and iPhone 6s plus all the time. But now its been like two months since I last switch; I guess I got tired of Android lack of security updates and text messages(among other issues). When they do update, I have to go an disable bloatware and crap I don't need or want. But again, to each its own..

Gadgetgirl38

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I have used many many phones. I jumped back and forth between iOS and android. For me I kept leaving iOS over battery life, storage space and lack of customization. Then on Android I have gone through 2 viruses sent through mms. Then I started having major battery issues on Android. Customization hasn't been as important over the years but storage space used to be a big deal to me until I had 3 android phones corrupt 2 -64 Gbps cards and 1-128gb card. That was the last straw for me. The novelty of having everything with me at all times became less important in my current job. I actually stopped using most apps because I had acquired an 8gb 4s that was slow as anything and worked my way up to a 6 in the past few weeks through buying and trading.

Rmedy21

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I was in the same boat. I left Apple for awhile and went to Samsung. While it was fun for awhile I missed how everything sync together with the iPhone. I would have my hiccups with Android from time to time. I'm not basing Android they make good phones. Its just too many people have their own version of software. Apple products are always consistent across the board. I gave up both my S5 and Note 4 for a iPhone 6 and 6s plus. Plus everyone I know has an iPhone. I'm here to stay with Apple can't see me going back for awhile. These are just my thoughts and experiences.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same boat. I left Apple for awhile and went to Samsung. While it was fun for awhile I missed how everything sync together with the iPhone. I would have my hiccups with Android from time to time. I'm not basing Android they make good phones. Its just too many people have their own version of software. Apple products are always consistent across the board. I gave up both my S5 and Note 4 for a iPhone 6 and 6s plus. Plus everyone I know has an iPhone. I'm here to stay with Apple can't see me going back for awhile. These are just my thoughts and experiences.

Fragmentation has always been an issue with the Android ecosystem. It goes to show that open source definitely has its disadvantages. Unless Google locks down Android they will never achieve the level of cohesiveness that exists with Apple's products and services.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Fragmentation has always been an issue with the Android ecosystem. It goes to show that open source definitely has its disadvantages. Unless Google locks down Android they will never achieve the level of cohesiveness that exists with Apple's products and services.

Exactly. You can't see the type of total integration like Apple has when you have companies like Samsung creating their own variants of what Android is. Ignoring Touch Wiz, Samsung goes as far as having their own exclusive pay system and app store. It makes things messy and as you say, fragmented.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
on a side note, I always mark as "casual user" someone keep switching between platforms...
If you really invest on an ecosystem, especially one well integrated like Apple's , you simply just don't switch to Android so easily.
My two cents....

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
on a side note, I always mark as "casual user" someone keep switching between platforms...
If you really invest on an ecosystem, especially one well integrated like Apple's , you simply just don't switch to Android so easily.
My two cents....

Or some of us find it to be kind of fun.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Or some of us find it to be kind of fun.

Yes, it could be.
But I'm working and organizing my life with my devices, so I have to keep them consistent ....
Other than that, I just can't trust Google on anything serious, especially when privacy and security are involved.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong in a "causal user". A causal user isn't a somewhat "inferior" user, at all....

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it could be.
But I'm working and organizing my life with my devices, so I have to keep them consistent ....
Other than that, I just can't trust Google on anything serious, especially when privacy and security are involved.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong in a "causal user". A causal user isn't a somewhat "inferior" user, at all....

Makes sense. I think the iPhone (SE, really) will always be my main. It's the only phone I have tried that doesn't have something major that annoys and/or frustrates me....

I have tried 4 different phones and they all had a huge downside.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Makes sense. I think the iPhone (SE, really) will always be my main. It's the only phone I have tried that doesn't have something major that annoys and/or frustrates me....

I have tried 4 different phones and they all had a huge downside.
Yep, I missed the SE for just a couple months (bought my 6S in late January). It would have been perfect with my Apple Watch and iPad mini 4.

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I think we all just have an electronics problem that the rest of the world can't understand. Besides my Iphone I still have my 9900 my 950 my 5x my pre3 and I swear I love something about all of them I'm buried with apple. Have been buying content since 2006 and Im locked in. I'm not complaining I just cannot fully commit to another os on a full time basis. Since wm 6.5 I have been with apple. I just have a problem. I'm selling everything and just keeping the iphone. Let's not even get into tablets

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm not desperate, just bored with iPhone. I think the Androids are cool phones but the OS is a mess. I have come to some acceptance that iPhone just works better for me. I just like to play with other toys, but that gig is up.

The fact that you are on a cell phone website, means that phones are more than just a tool for you. They are fun and is on a certain level a hobby for you. That is the way that I am. I go from Android to Windows to Blackberry all the time. I love phones, but even during all my playing, I have an iphone in my pocket at all times.

It is still light years better for me than any of the other phones. Forget specs.. the phone is just solid and if I have a problem, I walk into a Apple store and they either fix it or replace it. It may get a little boring at times, but when that happens, I go to the Apple store and hang out for awhile and talk to the people and I walk out of there inspired.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I use both platforms at the same time. Been doing so for about the past 3 years. Don't have any problems with either. I have a slight bias towards Android for the fact that IOS tends to require more steps to get things done which tends to slow me down. Other than that, they're both basically same. I don't stick to one OS just like in gaming I don't stick to one console. Those that are having issues with one or the other, is doing it wrong.

magicdesign

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a high spec android, iPhone, Windows phone and blackberry. Each time the current device annoys me, the rotation starts again.

Android is a cold "your on your own" os with a horrible email app and reasonable web browser.

Windows phone has a great ui and email, but the web browser is horrible. Unusable even.

Blackberry - great keyboard, great battery, no apps

iPhone just seems to get it right more of the time. Good browser with Adblock. Reasonable email (if you create a workaround for push gmail). If battery life was better, I would struggle to fault it.

magicdesign

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a high spec android, iPhone, Windows phone and blackberry. Each time the current device annoys me, the rotation starts again.

Android is a cold "your on your own" os with a horrible email app and reasonable web browser.

Windows phone has a great ui and email, but the web browser is horrible. Unusable even.

iPhone just seems to get it right more of the time. Good browser with Adblock. Reasonable email (if you create a workaround for push gmail). If battery life was better, I would struggle to fault it.

Although copy and paste on iPhone drives me mad

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Preach. You have pretty much read my mind here. Occasionally, I try different Android phones because iOS is kind of boring to me. However, I love that the iPhone SE battery life is just like how it is on Windows phone, my first OS love.

I'm similar to you with the rotation thing lol. The only reason I am not trying windows phones is because I tried them all. Well the ones I wanted to try anyway. I have my favorite WP at the moment on insider for when I get that itch. Might be trying that out again soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW