Back and forth from iPhone to Android

anon(9708869)

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I have been "trying" to break free of Apple since last August and have gone through various Android phones (Samsung s6 edge, S6, LG G4, Nexus 6p and 5x and finally the GS7. In between I have gone back to the iPhone 6s Plus and I'm back there again. I can't get past the Android ecosystem for more than 1 month. That's the longest. I'm eyeing the HTC 10 now because I liked the Nexus phones (clean, updated and most iPhone like to me anyway), but I am probably going to stick for now. I wonder if any of you have done this. I struggle with letting go of iMessage, the clean email, iTunes and better apps and updates (IMO). I would love to break out for a year, even two (my usual cycle to upgrade) with Android, but I feel like I am stuck with iPhone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It sounds to me like you keep leaving iOS only to realize you don't really like Android and keep coming back. Why are you so desperate to leave?

anon(9708869)

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not desperate, just bored with iPhone. I think the Androids are cool phones but the OS is a mess. I have come to some acceptance that iPhone just works better for me. I just like to play with other toys, but that gig is up.

anon(9708869)

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I've always been good about making a decision and sticking with it, but I have flip flopped on this. To your point, I don't think I really like Android.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not desperate, just bored with iPhone. I think the Androids are cool phones but the OS is a mess. I have come to some acceptance that iPhone just works better for me. I just like to play with other toys, but that gig is up.

I've never experienced an urge to leave iOS, although I've owned both Blackberry and Android devices in the past. That being said, if I were to ever experiment I'd have to go Nexus. Everything else on Android is just too mucked up.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I rocked the Motorola, Blackberry, iPhone, Android, iPhone and back to Android and now I am just gonna stay put. I know now who I am. IPHONE all the way

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, it does sound like you might be bored, or curious. Even though I love the SE, I still find myself wanting to try the Nextbit Robin, and Windows phones (again). In my case, I think I might be just curious really.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm the type to go down with the ship and have with Palm. If HP didn't kill webOS I would still be there but that's another story

Came to iOS kicking and screaming but I'm in love with the OS improvement since iOS 6 and will stay put until the second coming of Steve Jobs

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Something else I realized is that sometimes, it pays to experience what you think seems better so that you can better appreciate things on the side you are normally on. Not saying this is always the case, but in my phone trials, I found this happening a LOT.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Something else I realized is that sometimes, it pays to experience what you think seems better so that you can better appreciate things on the side you are normally on. Not saying this is always the case, but in my phone trials, I found this happening a LOT.

I can see that, and I can see why one might be tempted to switch ecosystems. Sometimes the same old thing gets boring. I've thought about picking up a Nexus in the past as a secondary device for work use but I always come to my senses before making a purchase.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I can see having interest in other phones than iOS. It is all just part of curiosity. Ive found myself curious about Windows Phone now and again, however I then remind myself of why I switched both my desktop and laptop from Windows to Kubuntu Linux.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I can see having interest in other phones than iOS. It is all just part of curiosity. Ive found myself curious about Windows Phone now and again, however I then remind myself of why I switched both my desktop and laptop from Windows to Kubuntu Linux.

If everything was decent enough on the Windows Phone side for me, I would probably be back there and just have my SE on the side or sell it. It's not so I'm cool with how iOS is. However, still looking forward to trying out a flavor of Android that is in the Nextbit Robin.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I was the worst at switching between iPhone and Android. I would literally switch weekly.

My last Android was a Note 5 and I switched to a iPhone SE, then a 6s Plus. I'll never ever go back to an Android. I'm all set in the phone department.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was the worst at switching between iPhone and Android. I would literally switch weekly.

My last Android was a Note 5 and I switched to a iPhone SE, then a 6s Plus. I'll never ever go back to an Android. I'm all set in the phone department.

I was that guy. Been with my 6s Plus since December now. I keep getting tempted by Android devices, though. They were my bread and butter for years. It's tough to let go for me. I'm trying to stay strong, but the HTC 10 is tempting me. Great build quality and basically stock Android. But man, this iPhone has been nothing short of solid since I first fired it up.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I was that guy. Been with my 6s Plus since December now. I keep getting tempted by Android devices, though. They were my bread and butter for years. It's tough to let go for me. I'm trying to stay strong, but the HTC 10 is tempting me. Great build quality and basically stock Android. But man, this iPhone has been nothing short of solid since I first fired it up.

It's hard to like everything. I understand your temptation though, it's why I decided to cave and get the Robin even though I have been using iPhones for about 2 months now. I'm kind of hoping not to like it or else there goes another one for me.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been the OP as well. Always tempted by and giving into the new hotness of the latest Android OS iteration only to come back to an iPhone after a couple months. I switched back to iOS some time in 1Q 2016 and have been on some flavor of iPhone ever since. Yes, I've switched phones but it has been between iPhone 6 to 6 Plus then to 6S and now on 6S Plus. I think what did it for me was evaluating what I use my phone for and realizing that regardless of platform I could still do those things so I'm sitting tight with iOS. It helps that a large percentage of my frequent contacts have iOS devices as well.

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I been like the OP for the past couple of years and I can tell you that I always come right back to iOS. My last Android phone was just last week, Note 5. I lasted 3 hours before returning to the store to swap back into iOS. I simply have no issues with iOS as plain and boring as the phones are. But when I use an Android, I have a lot issues like syncing my car radio, not getting notification on locked screens, delayed updates while others are rocking the latest updates, having to add widgets that come standard on the iPhone, and resell value. There are some features I wish iPhone had that Android has such as being able to move apps where I want and sd card slot. However nothing on the market is as smooth as iOS. Nothing on the market is as good as Siri. Yes I use Siri a lot. She is very helpful and IMO is better than using an S-Pen. I could on but I think you get what I'm saying. I'm learning to just accept that I'm an iPhone fan.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I was the same way, but I finally realized that I would much rather have functionality over customization. One thing that really bugged me with my galaxy phone was the lag to open all apps. It was small, but noticeable.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Agreed PlainEnvelopes. I have lost some of my urge to customize these days and just want something that works well. I was in a Samsung Note 4 and 2 before that.

I can say this was a great move for me, moving from the Note 4 to an iPhone 6s Plus. The integration of apps is great and the fingerprint reader continues to amaze me.

I can see myself being here a while. I have no urge to go back to Android anytime soon.