Back and forth from iPhone to Android

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a high spec android, iPhone, Windows phone and blackberry. Each time the current device annoys me, the rotation starts again.

Android is a cold "your on your own" os with a horrible email app and reasonable web browser.

Windows phone has a great ui and email, but the web browser is horrible. Unusable even.

Blackberry - great keyboard, great battery, no apps

iPhone just seems to get it right more of the time. Good browser with Adblock. Reasonable email (if you create a workaround for push gmail). If battery life was better, I would struggle to fault it.

Agree 1000%

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Android is a horrible OS in my opinion. So I am not shocked you go back and forth.

I actually added an iPhone 6s Plus to my secondary line and I actually do like the OS a lot. Windows phone is my favorite but I now have a second favorite to use 🤗

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Android is a horrible OS in my opinion. So I am not shocked you go back and forth.

I actually added an iPhone 6s Plus to my secondary line and I actually do like the OS a lot. Windows phone is my favorite but I now have a second favorite to use 🤗
I'm curious. What makes Android horrible in your opinion ?

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious. What makes Android horrible in your opinion ?

Ugh we don't have time to go through that. lol.

In all seriousness though I find the operating system visually and it's just a mess and way too much of an overload. To be fair iOS to a degree is like that but I prefer it to android but less so than Windows Phone. There really is no quality of standard when it comes to
Using an android phone. Horrid update policies unless you use a nexus.

While I am a Windows fan, I applaud Apple for the support they offer their customers and it makes me hope for this same from Microsoft as I respect more of what Apple and Microsoft ate accomplishing more so than google. I am glad to now be apart of both ecosystems.

Devilsden

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I do not think that android is horrible, about 4 years ago I switched form my Iphone to a Note 3 because I wanted the larger screen. I did enjoy my android experience. I loved that I could customize my phone anyway I wanted, I could use live screen savers, downloaded new launchers (Next Launcher was my favorite) and change the icons on my home screen.

The things that bothered me the most was that I found that Android phones had a lot of BLOAT added to them and it could take hours to disable all of the stuff that I was not going to use. The back up options were limited with Android, I had to replace my phone three times because of a loose charging connection, each time I had to go and close the bloatware again, reset my apps, and log all my passwords again.

The final problem with Android was how often updates are sent for operating systems. With Apple you know when you will be receiving the now OS. Android released the new OS and it took almost a year before i received a notification that I was able to download it. In two years I think I received one security update on my phone.

I went back to the iphone because I wanted the operating system updates when everyone else gets them, the patches to security when something is broken, and the overall stability.

There are a lot of things I liked about Android but the major issues noted above are what brought me back to Apple.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I am firmly on team Windows (my primary phone is a lumia 950 XL) and officially on the iPhone for my second line.

What I have to say is the worst thing about android is the very thing that makes it so popular. It's freedom and openness. Which is a fantastic thing. When utilized properly. Unfortunately for most android phones it is not utilized properly and no matter what android phone I have used over the last seven years I always find myself with dissatisfaction because there is no quality really in the operating system and it essentially feels like a perpetual work in progress. The allegedly most powerful mobileOS AND yet using android feels like I have all the tools and power to do great things while lacking any sort of direction of what to use it for.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to admit that I don't think I'm done switching, no matter how nuts my friends might think I am. I'm giving the 5x another try. I don't switch because something is shiny. I switch because I like to see if it's possible for me to be FULLY pleased with a device. Haven't found that yet, but I don't think I'm crazy for wanting this. I have everything I could want and desire in my computer, why not have it be the same way with my phone?

As said, I try them all. A new update came out for Windows 10 Mobile...so I switched to try it out.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to admit that I don't think I'm done switching, no matter how nuts my friends might think I am. I'm giving the 5x another try. I don't switch because something is shiny. I switch because I like to see if it's possible for me to be FULLY pleased with a device. Haven't found that yet, but I don't think I'm crazy for wanting this. I have everything I could want and desire in my computer, why not have it be the same way with my phone?

As said, I try them all. A new update came out for Windows 10 Mobile...so I switched to try it out.

This is similar to how I feel. I haven't been fully happy with a phone since the Nexus 5. So I'm still on the hunt. Even though I've been using my 6s Plus since md-December. There's just something about the iPhone that I don't like and can't get used to, but I can't really put my finger on it. So I'm going to try some Android phones again. Nothing wrong with coming back to Apple if it doesn't work out.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I'd switch as often as you if I didn't rely on syncing for work and they only support iOS. That said, I have given android a fair shake multiple times and came back to iOS each time. The OS that I think could've given both iOS and android a run for their money is BB10, but blackberry joined the game so late that BB10 never has the chance to mature and compete. So back to iOS I went.

To each his/her own.

Daniel0418

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue but visa versa. I really feel like iOS is a total mess compared to Marshmallow. The apps on Android if you use Google services are miles better. The notifications are much much better. Also, the UI is just more beautiful throughout android and android apps. (Shows how subjective these opinions are since my opinions and the OPs differ so greatly). However, I find myself coming back to iOS because of bordem. I think it is a total nerd problem. I recently went from a Nexus 6P to my current device the iPhpne SE. And while I miss a lot from Android, I am having fun with this tiny device lol. I really enjoy its size. I wish the bezels were smaller and the screen larger, however it is still so fun to use. iPhone 5 design was incredible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2