I have used many many phones. I jumped back and forth between iOS and android. For me I kept leaving iOS over battery life, storage space and lack of customization. Then on Android I have gone through 2 viruses sent through mms. Then I started having major battery issues on Android. Customization hasn't been as important over the years but storage space used to be a big deal to me until I had 3 android phones corrupt 2 -64 Gbps cards and 1-128gb card. That was the last straw for me. The novelty of having everything with me at all times became less important in my current job. I actually stopped using most apps because I had acquired an 8gb 4s that was slow as anything and worked my way up to a 6 in the past few weeks through buying and trading.
    xristos330 likes this.
    05-28-2016 08:36 AM
    I was in the same boat. I left Apple for awhile and went to Samsung. While it was fun for awhile I missed how everything sync together with the iPhone. I would have my hiccups with Android from time to time. I'm not basing Android they make good phones. Its just too many people have their own version of software. Apple products are always consistent across the board. I gave up both my S5 and Note 4 for a iPhone 6 and 6s plus. Plus everyone I know has an iPhone. I'm here to stay with Apple can't see me going back for awhile. These are just my thoughts and experiences.
    06-06-2016 07:04 AM
    I was in the same boat. I left Apple for awhile and went to Samsung. While it was fun for awhile I missed how everything sync together with the iPhone. I would have my hiccups with Android from time to time. I'm not basing Android they make good phones. Its just too many people have their own version of software. Apple products are always consistent across the board. I gave up both my S5 and Note 4 for a iPhone 6 and 6s plus. Plus everyone I know has an iPhone. I'm here to stay with Apple can't see me going back for awhile. These are just my thoughts and experiences.
    Fragmentation has always been an issue with the Android ecosystem. It goes to show that open source definitely has its disadvantages. Unless Google locks down Android they will never achieve the level of cohesiveness that exists with Apple's products and services.
    Rmedy21 likes this.
    06-06-2016 07:08 AM
    Fragmentation has always been an issue with the Android ecosystem. It goes to show that open source definitely has its disadvantages. Unless Google locks down Android they will never achieve the level of cohesiveness that exists with Apple's products and services.
    Exactly. You can't see the type of total integration like Apple has when you have companies like Samsung creating their own variants of what Android is. Ignoring Touch Wiz, Samsung goes as far as having their own exclusive pay system and app store. It makes things messy and as you say, fragmented.
    MaxSmarties likes this.
    06-06-2016 11:06 AM
    on a side note, I always mark as "casual user" someone keep switching between platforms...
    If you really invest on an ecosystem, especially one well integrated like Apple's , you simply just don't switch to Android so easily.
    My two cents....
    06-06-2016 03:59 PM
    on a side note, I always mark as "casual user" someone keep switching between platforms...
    If you really invest on an ecosystem, especially one well integrated like Apple's , you simply just don't switch to Android so easily.
    My two cents....
    Or some of us find it to be kind of fun.
    06-06-2016 06:18 PM
    Or some of us find it to be kind of fun.
    Yes, it could be.
    But I'm working and organizing my life with my devices, so I have to keep them consistent ....
    Other than that, I just can't trust Google on anything serious, especially when privacy and security are involved.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong in a "causal user". A causal user isn't a somewhat "inferior" user, at all....
    06-07-2016 06:44 AM
    Yes, it could be.
    But I'm working and organizing my life with my devices, so I have to keep them consistent ....
    Other than that, I just can't trust Google on anything serious, especially when privacy and security are involved.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong in a "causal user". A causal user isn't a somewhat "inferior" user, at all....
    Makes sense. I think the iPhone (SE, really) will always be my main. It's the only phone I have tried that doesn't have something major that annoys and/or frustrates me....

I have tried 4 different phones and they all had a huge downside.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    06-07-2016 01:00 PM
    Makes sense. I think the iPhone (SE, really) will always be my main. It's the only phone I have tried that doesn't have something major that annoys and/or frustrates me....

I have tried 4 different phones and they all had a huge downside.
    Yep, I missed the SE for just a couple months (bought my 6S in late January). It would have been perfect with my Apple Watch and iPad mini 4.
    06-07-2016 01:10 PM
    I think we all just have an electronics problem that the rest of the world can't understand. Besides my Iphone I still have my 9900 my 950 my 5x my pre3 and I swear I love something about all of them I'm buried with apple. Have been buying content since 2006 and Im locked in. I'm not complaining I just cannot fully commit to another os on a full time basis. Since wm 6.5 I have been with apple. I just have a problem. I'm selling everything and just keeping the iphone. Let's not even get into tablets
    libra89 and Aubbre4 like this.
    06-08-2016 12:37 PM
    I'm not desperate, just bored with iPhone. I think the Androids are cool phones but the OS is a mess. I have come to some acceptance that iPhone just works better for me. I just like to play with other toys, but that gig is up.
    The fact that you are on a cell phone website, means that phones are more than just a tool for you. They are fun and is on a certain level a hobby for you. That is the way that I am. I go from Android to Windows to Blackberry all the time. I love phones, but even during all my playing, I have an iphone in my pocket at all times.

It is still light years better for me than any of the other phones. Forget specs.. the phone is just solid and if I have a problem, I walk into a Apple store and they either fix it or replace it. It may get a little boring at times, but when that happens, I go to the Apple store and hang out for awhile and talk to the people and I walk out of there inspired.
    libra89 and Aubbre4 like this.
    06-08-2016 12:57 PM
    I use both platforms at the same time. Been doing so for about the past 3 years. Don't have any problems with either. I have a slight bias towards Android for the fact that IOS tends to require more steps to get things done which tends to slow me down. Other than that, they're both basically same. I don't stick to one OS just like in gaming I don't stick to one console. Those that are having issues with one or the other, is doing it wrong.
    06-08-2016 02:18 PM
    I have a high spec android, iPhone, Windows phone and blackberry. Each time the current device annoys me, the rotation starts again.

Android is a cold "your on your own" os with a horrible email app and reasonable web browser.

Windows phone has a great ui and email, but the web browser is horrible. Unusable even.

Blackberry - great keyboard, great battery, no apps

iPhone just seems to get it right more of the time. Good browser with Adblock. Reasonable email (if you create a workaround for push gmail). If battery life was better, I would struggle to fault it.
    libra89 and RobertP1 like this.
    06-08-2016 03:24 PM
    I have a high spec android, iPhone, Windows phone and blackberry. Each time the current device annoys me, the rotation starts again.

Android is a cold "your on your own" os with a horrible email app and reasonable web browser.

Windows phone has a great ui and email, but the web browser is horrible. Unusable even.

iPhone just seems to get it right more of the time. Good browser with Adblock. Reasonable email (if you create a workaround for push gmail). If battery life was better, I would struggle to fault it.
    Although copy and paste on iPhone drives me mad
    06-08-2016 03:25 PM

Preach. You have pretty much read my mind here. Occasionally, I try different Android phones because iOS is kind of boring to me. However, I love that the iPhone SE battery life is just like how it is on Windows phone, my first OS love.

I'm similar to you with the rotation thing lol. The only reason I am not trying windows phones is because I tried them all. Well the ones I wanted to try anyway. I have my favorite WP at the moment on insider for when I get that itch. Might be trying that out again soon.
    06-08-2016 05:46 PM

Agree 1000%
    06-09-2016 09:35 AM
    Android is a horrible OS in my opinion. So I am not shocked you go back and forth.

I actually added an iPhone 6s Plus to my secondary line and I actually do like the OS a lot. Windows phone is my favorite but I now have a second favorite to use 🤗
    06-13-2016 03:35 PM
    Android is a horrible OS in my opinion. So I am not shocked you go back and forth.

I actually added an iPhone 6s Plus to my secondary line and I actually do like the OS a lot. Windows phone is my favorite but I now have a second favorite to use 🤗
    I'm curious. What makes Android horrible in your opinion ?
    libra89 likes this.
    06-13-2016 03:39 PM
    I'm curious. What makes Android horrible in your opinion ?
    Ugh we don't have time to go through that. lol.

In all seriousness though I find the operating system visually and it's just a mess and way too much of an overload. To be fair iOS to a degree is like that but I prefer it to android but less so than Windows Phone. There really is no quality of standard when it comes to
    Using an android phone. Horrid update policies unless you use a nexus.

While I am a Windows fan, I applaud Apple for the support they offer their customers and it makes me hope for this same from Microsoft as I respect more of what Apple and Microsoft ate accomplishing more so than google. I am glad to now be apart of both ecosystems.
    06-13-2016 10:14 PM
    Android n is a big improvement...
    06-14-2016 01:29 PM
    I do not think that android is horrible, about 4 years ago I switched form my Iphone to a Note 3 because I wanted the larger screen. I did enjoy my android experience. I loved that I could customize my phone anyway I wanted, I could use live screen savers, downloaded new launchers (Next Launcher was my favorite) and change the icons on my home screen.

The things that bothered me the most was that I found that Android phones had a lot of BLOAT added to them and it could take hours to disable all of the stuff that I was not going to use. The back up options were limited with Android, I had to replace my phone three times because of a loose charging connection, each time I had to go and close the bloatware again, reset my apps, and log all my passwords again.

The final problem with Android was how often updates are sent for operating systems. With Apple you know when you will be receiving the now OS. Android released the new OS and it took almost a year before i received a notification that I was able to download it. In two years I think I received one security update on my phone.

I went back to the iphone because I wanted the operating system updates when everyone else gets them, the patches to security when something is broken, and the overall stability.

There are a lot of things I liked about Android but the major issues noted above are what brought me back to Apple.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-14-2016 02:21 PM
    I am firmly on team Windows (my primary phone is a lumia 950 XL) and officially on the iPhone for my second line.

What I have to say is the worst thing about android is the very thing that makes it so popular. It's freedom and openness. Which is a fantastic thing. When utilized properly. Unfortunately for most android phones it is not utilized properly and no matter what android phone I have used over the last seven years I always find myself with dissatisfaction because there is no quality really in the operating system and it essentially feels like a perpetual work in progress. The allegedly most powerful mobileOS AND yet using android feels like I have all the tools and power to do great things while lacking any sort of direction of what to use it for.
    Aubbre4 likes this.
    06-16-2016 02:53 AM
    I'm going to admit that I don't think I'm done switching, no matter how nuts my friends might think I am. I'm giving the 5x another try. I don't switch because something is shiny. I switch because I like to see if it's possible for me to be FULLY pleased with a device. Haven't found that yet, but I don't think I'm crazy for wanting this. I have everything I could want and desire in my computer, why not have it be the same way with my phone?

As said, I try them all. A new update came out for Windows 10 Mobile...so I switched to try it out.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    06-17-2016 12:08 PM
    I'm going to admit that I don't think I'm done switching, no matter how nuts my friends might think I am. I'm giving the 5x another try. I don't switch because something is shiny. I switch because I like to see if it's possible for me to be FULLY pleased with a device. Haven't found that yet, but I don't think I'm crazy for wanting this. I have everything I could want and desire in my computer, why not have it be the same way with my phone?

As said, I try them all. A new update came out for Windows 10 Mobile...so I switched to try it out.
    This is similar to how I feel. I haven't been fully happy with a phone since the Nexus 5. So I'm still on the hunt. Even though I've been using my 6s Plus since md-December. There's just something about the iPhone that I don't like and can't get used to, but I can't really put my finger on it. So I'm going to try some Android phones again. Nothing wrong with coming back to Apple if it doesn't work out.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-18-2016 08:46 AM

I'd switch as often as you if I didn't rely on syncing for work and they only support iOS. That said, I have given android a fair shake multiple times and came back to iOS each time. The OS that I think could've given both iOS and android a run for their money is BB10, but blackberry joined the game so late that BB10 never has the chance to mature and compete. So back to iOS I went.

To each his/her own.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-18-2016 09:03 AM
51 123