Wifi calling no longer working(doesn't show in top bar but is turned on)...

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I have no idea what changed. I tried Wifi calling a few days ago and it turned on just fine. I'd turn it on and could see the Verizon Wifi in the top bar(iphone 6s plus).

Now, when I turn it on, it doesn't show anything in the top bar so it's still on cellular.

I have tried resetting network, even restoring the phone to factory(although I did restore from a back I did when it wasn't working).

Not sure what else to do other than maybe a full restore and treat it as a new phone.

As an FYI, my Wife and Daugher on the same account, both with 6s and they work on wifi call just fine(same network connection as me) .

I have no idea what to do here, since it was working a few days ago.

**EDIT**

So after all that, after turning it on and off for about 10 times, it finally came on. Not sure if it will stay working but it is on now.

VERY strange.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you, except that I'm glad you got it working again.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I think wifi calling only kicks in when your cell signal is weak. Maybe your cell signal was strong enough so wifi selling did not kick in.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
With Verizon, it kicks in at about -110. Or 2 dots.

Ahh, that's why. I linger around 2 dots all the time at home. I just found it weird that my wife and daughters phone showed wifi every time when I turned it on and mine didn't in the same location. Now I know.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, that's why. I linger around 2 dots all the time at home. I just found it weird that my wife and daughters phone showed wifi every time when I turned it on and mine didn't in the same location. Now I know.

The dots are representative and don't really show the exact signal. You can be at 2 dots and not be exact, which could influence when wifi calling kicks in. Use the field test mode I posted if you want to get a better idea of what your signal is. You can tape the decibel number to switch back to the dots. Then tap the dots again to switch back to the decibels. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal