Best phone you ever had?

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I liked my old Blackberry phones quite a bit. But I’d be hard pressed to find something they did better than my iPhone XS Max. And for the record, emojis aren’t important to me.

A better system for notifications and better native email. Hell, BB e mail was better than any third party app I've seen in the app store

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have always said BlackBerry 9900 was my favorite device however the Motorola Razr flip I had in 2004 was a powerhouse of a phone .

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
A better system for notifications and better native email. Hell, BB e mail was better than any third party app I've seen in the app store

Notifications are a push in my opinion. The gmail app is better for my use as it’s what my work requires. I liked the BB email app fine. I just didn’t find it to be a standout. That said we all have our preferences. Ours don’t match. No big deal.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have always said my old Blackberry 7100i Nextel unit was one of my favorite devices for email and messaging. I traveled the world with it and it never let me down.

While I still think Blackberry email was great and I did use BBM a lot back in the day when everyone had a PIN ID.

I do miss my old Blackberry email ID xxxxx@blackberry.net which meant you where a professional back in the day.

But, my iPhone XS with gmail as my primary email client does a pretty good job with the notification center and has been rock solid.

8dc7e3c15609432b5e050aa8c94c05a3.jpg

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
The 7 I had up until the beginning of the week is the phone I had the least amount of problems with, so I guess that would be the phone I’d list. This XR I’m using now though; this thing might just take the crown.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
It's great walking down memory lane with these phones. I wish we could go back to just using the phone as a phone and some light surfing and texting. Things are too complicated today. (Boy, I sound old)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Blackberry Tour never let me down and my Samsung Note 4

Apple 8+
Now have XS Max and only a couple days on it. Like a lot

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I think one of the phones I loved the most was my iPhone 4s. It was a tank, well built...and I still have it today. Sometimes I miss smaller phones. Sometimes. Haha

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The phone I loved the most is my iPhone 4. Just plain indestructible; gave it a family member after I got a 5, and that phone got retired only in 2017.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hands down, the BlackBerry Bold 9000. Still have it in a drawer. Feels like not long ago when I discovered Crackberry in 2007 while using a Curve. By the time November 2008 rolled around, I was immersed in CB and the 9000. Felt like a simpler time with a lot of enthusiasm.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's great walking down memory lane with these phones. I wish we could go back to just using the phone as a phone and some light surfing and texting. Things are too complicated today. (Boy, I sound old)
This might sound a little weird, but thinking about my first smartphones trigger a lot of memories from my 20’s for some reason. Although these devices are even more awesome now, I long for the days that we still had it good with communication devices and weren’t convoluted with a ton of social media and having everyone’s face buried in their phones. I know there was a BlackBerry “addiction” phase back then, but it is peanuts compared to what you see by just observing people on any busy street nowadays. They are all looking at their phones.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hands down, the BlackBerry Bold 9000. Still have it in a drawer. Feels like not long ago when I discovered Crackberry in 2007 while using a Curve. By the time November 2008 rolled around, I was immersed in CB and the 9000. Felt like a simpler time with a lot of enthusiasm.

The Blackberry Bold 9000 is my second favorite, with the Blackberry 7290 being my favorite.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Best non-smartphone would be the Startac flip phone.

Best smartphone (so far) would probably be my old Nexus 6. Loved that phone. Could download and flash a rom in only a few minutes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro