anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
fd85554c4354fdd38ba01f68d2f5cc79.jpg

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry Bold. I still cant find a smartphone that can handle email as efficiently as a Blackberry. That little LED indicator light. all I had to do was look at my Blackberry and I knew if I had an email waiting and from what account, if I missed a call or a missed text message. But hey, now I have cool emojis.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Blackberry Bold. I still cant find a smartphone that can handle email as efficiently as a Blackberry. That little LED indicator light. all I had to do was look at my Blackberry and I knew if I had an email waiting and from what account, if I missed a call or a missed text message. But hey, now I have cool emojis.

I’d probably agree.
It did what it did better than any >$1000 smartphone today without all the extra cr*p. Funny how BlackBerries were thought to be a distraction back then. No match for the bricks we carry around today.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Nokia 6200, best call quality and reception of any phone I have had.
This phone did what our cell phones of today should be doing, making seamless calls.
And we were still in the early stages of cell phones when I had the Nokia.
Fast forward today, and we’re still behind where we should be.
37602e1a422dc80cf107aed0450b7bb6.jpg

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I’d probably agree.
It did what it did better than any >$1000 smartphone today without all the extra cr*p. Funny how BlackBerries were thought to be a distraction back then. No match for the bricks we carry around today.

I have had two Blackberries, both solid devices.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I would have to say my Blackberry 7800i Nextel phone back in the day. I traveled the world with it and never let me down.

Granted it didn’t have a huge screen, graphics for playing games and so on. But, it served me well as a great device for emails, messaging and most importantly, a phone and all together a solid communication device.

Sometimes I forget how things where so much simpler back then. We actually used our mouths and devices to communicate to one another. Something that’s not being done today.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My old Casio Gz’One’s (has several different ones) will always have a special place in my heart. Could literally beat on them all day and still work great. Have thought several times about going back to one but not sure how long they will be supported anymore. Best iPhones would be a tie between my 4/5s and now Xr. 6 plus lasted me the longest so far, but never really was in love with it.

SGzy

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
Nexus 6P and Blackberry Curve hands down my favorite phones of all time and I've had near every phone worth having lol

Last edited by a moderator:

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I still have a Curve in my desk drawer. A great device that excelled in everything it did. Cant say that about today's devices unless emoji's are important to you.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I still have a Curve in my desk drawer. A great device that excelled in everything it did. Cant say that about today's devices unless emoji's are important to you.

I liked my old Blackberry phones quite a bit. But I’d be hard pressed to find something they did better than my iPhone XS Max. And for the record, emojis aren’t important to me.

anon(10549746)

Dec 28, 2018
Visit site
I’ve got quite a few shoe boxes filled with phones. I like purchasing used devices for around $100 range and playing around with them. My first smartphone was a purple Blackberry Curve 8530 from Bell. CDMA. That phone brought me through most of high school
Unfortunately as everyone else has noted, BBRY just didn’t make it happen with the BB10 phones.
I still have every phone I’ve ever owned. It’s 2019 and I just ordered a used green 16gb 5c ~excited~
For purposes of nostalgia, or for just being a good phone, my favorites (top 5) that I currently own are

1: Blackberry Curve 8530
2: iPhone SE
3: iPhone X
4: Blackberry Z30
5: LG G4

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal