I bought iPhone 5s a week ago.
    Facing this issue since morning.
    How to solve this issue?

I am worried about that my phone could be refurbished. May be its LCD problem.
    BDW how can i check my phone is refurbished its like new not a single scratch.
    I bought this phone as used one and only set there is no box with it.
    04-10-2016 04:21 PM
    Hey,

Is it consistent when pressed the power/screen-off button? It sounds like you are having the same problem when I had with my iPhone 5, allegedly caused by my Otterbox case. If I am correct with my determination, it's going to be a warranty claim - quick & seamless.

With regards to your question, you cannot really confirm (AFAIK) whether it has been refurbished, or not, unless you bought it from Apple as a new device. In such case, you must have got it as new, as long as Apple considers it as new.

Cheers!
    04-10-2016 04:28 PM
    I hold down Power and Home button, phone was restarted and it is resolve. My phone was flashing for milliseconds when I was locking my phone but now it is resolve.
    Still worry about that it could be problem with LCD
    Last edited by Engr Aamir Khan Niazi; 04-10-2016 at 04:52 PM.
    04-10-2016 04:41 PM
    Hey,

Is it consistent when pressed the power/screen-off button? It sounds like you are having the same problem when I had with my iPhone 5, allegedly caused by my Otterbox case. If I am correct with my determination, it's going to be a warranty claim - quick & seamless.

With regards to your question, you cannot really confirm (AFAIK) whether it has been refurbished, or not, unless you bought it from Apple as a new device. In such case, you must have got it as new, as long as Apple considers it as new.

Cheers!
    Who alleged the Otterbox was to blame? My iPhone 5 has been in an Otterbox Defender for almost 3 years. Never had that sort of issue.
    04-10-2016 04:52 PM
    Who alleged the Otterbox was to blame? My iPhone 5 has been in an Otterbox Defender for almost 3 years. Never had that sort of issue.
    Please shed some light on my issue.
    04-10-2016 04:53 PM
    The Otterbox Defender - I am totally serious. I've never considered it as a valid Genius-supplied explanation, btw (hence "allegedly").

Cheers.
    04-10-2016 05:41 PM
    Again facing same issue I am facing this issue for the fourth time, is it because of iOS 9.3.1.
    By doing soft reset this problem resolved for 2 to 3 days.

Facing also screen flicking issue. (Auto brightness = OFF)

Please help bdw here people do not help enough. Disappointed little bit.
    04-14-2016 12:55 PM
    Facing this issue for the fourth time in 2 weeks.
    Every time it is resolved by soft reset.

Is it because of iOS 9.3.1?

Also facing screen flicking issue. (Auto Brightness = OFF)
    04-14-2016 01:08 PM
    Aren't you inadvertently pressing power and home button all together? The flashing could be the phone taking a screenshot...
    04-14-2016 01:47 PM
    Take it into Apple and have them replicate the issue.
    04-14-2016 01:50 PM
    Two threads merged
    04-14-2016 02:05 PM
    Aren't you inadvertently pressing power and home button all together? The flashing could be the phone taking a screenshot...
    No I only press power button or lock my phone via assistive touch it happens.
    After soft reset I don't face this issue but I am facing this issue for the fourth time in 15 days.
    04-14-2016 04:26 PM
    Sometimes the best answer given here is to take your device to Apple and let them look at it. Or call Apple Support.
    04-14-2016 04:32 PM
    Sometimes the best answer given here is to take your device to Apple and let them look at it. Or call Apple Support.
    In my country there is no Apple Store.
    04-14-2016 04:49 PM
    Do you possibly have any certified apple repair stores near you?
    04-14-2016 04:56 PM
    Or call Apple Support, if that's possible.
    04-14-2016 06:01 PM
    No I only press power button or lock my phone via assistive touch it happens.
    After soft reset I don't face this issue but I am facing this issue for the fourth time in 15 days.
    Didi you try a full restore as new.
    If it repeats itself after that, it surely is an hardware issue.

If you bought it via an official channel , you should have an Authorized Service Provider in your country.
    04-15-2016 03:32 AM
    I hold down Power and Home button, phone was restarted and it is resolve. My phone was flashing for milliseconds when I was locking my phone but now it is resolve.
    Still worry about that it could be problem with LCD
    What version of iOS is on the device? Sounds like an old glitch was used which changed the animation on the screen. Some who used that glitch had the issue you've described, and a reboot of the device removed the glitch and the screen flashing for a second during unlocking/locking.
    04-17-2016 01:38 PM
    What version of iOS is on the device? Sounds like an old glitch was used which changed the animation on the screen. Some who used that glitch had the issue you've described, and a reboot of the device removed the glitch and the screen flashing for a second during unlocking/locking.
    Latest version. iOS 9.3.1
    Old glitch?
    04-18-2016 03:47 PM
    Latest version. iOS 9.3.1
    Old glitch?
    You have a current version, which is what I was wondering about. They patched the glitch in 9.3 so you can't use it any more. It was just a little trick where you could change how animations work, but if you used the glitch it caused a short flash like what you described. So some people just rebooted their phones to undo the glitch and get rid of that flash. I thought perhaps if you had 9.2 you had used that glitch to change the animations and weren't aware of the side effects (that flash).... but you didn't so never mind lol.
    04-18-2016 04:12 PM
    You have a current version, which is what I was wondering about. They patched the glitch in 9.3 so you can't use it any more. It was just a little trick where you could change how animations work, but if you used the glitch it caused a short flash like what you described. So some people just rebooted their phones to undo the glitch and get rid of that flash. I thought perhaps if you had 9.2 you had used that glitch to change the animations and weren't aware of the side effects (that flash).... but you didn't so never mind lol.
    It's been almost a week I am not facing that issue when I will, I will quote you again.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    04-18-2016 04:37 PM
    You have a current version, which is what I was wondering about. They patched the glitch in 9.3 so you can't use it any more. It was just a little trick where you could change how animations work...
    The glitch is not patched in 9.3. I'm using it right now on 9.3.1 to get rid of the springboard animations. I'm having the same lock screen flashing issue whether the glitch is being exploited or not.
    04-22-2016 01:45 AM
    The glitch is not patched in 9.3. I'm using it right now on 9.3.1 to get rid of the springboard animations. I'm having the same lock screen flashing issue whether the glitch is being exploited or not.
    I am not facing that issue now. After soft resetting that issue was resolved.
    04-22-2016 01:51 AM

Odd. Some of us were using it in beta, but then it stopped working for a lot of us. I wonder if they inadvertently reintroduced it in *3.1.

Either way, we narrowed it down to that glitch causing the flash. A reboot fixed it. If a hard reset isn't removing it then take it in to the Apple store.
    04-22-2016 06:19 AM
    Seniors Please have a look at these videos. Again i am facing same issue. It was resolved by soft reset but before doing that I want to share with you so you can tell what issue is this?
    Its been 5th time i am facing this and doing soft reset.

05-02-2016 08:08 AM