Screen flashes on then off quickly when locked and power button is pressed.

Engr Aamir Khan Niazi

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I bought iPhone 5s a week ago.
Facing this issue since morning.
How to solve this issue?

I am worried about that my phone could be refurbished. May be its LCD problem.
BDW how can i check my phone is refurbished its like new not a single scratch.
I bought this phone as used one and only set there is no box with it.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

Is it consistent when pressed the power/screen-off button? It sounds like you are having the same problem when I had with my iPhone 5, allegedly caused by my Otterbox case. If I am correct with my determination, it's going to be a warranty claim - quick & seamless.

With regards to your question, you cannot really confirm (AFAIK) whether it has been refurbished, or not, unless you bought it from Apple as a new device. In such case, you must have got it as new, as long as Apple considers it as new.

Cheers!

Engr Aamir Khan Niazi

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I hold down Power and Home button, phone was restarted and it is resolve. My phone was flashing for milliseconds when I was locking my phone but now it is resolve.
Still worry about that it could be problem with LCD :(

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Is it consistent when pressed the power/screen-off button? It sounds like you are having the same problem when I had with my iPhone 5, allegedly caused by my Otterbox case. If I am correct with my determination, it's going to be a warranty claim - quick & seamless.

With regards to your question, you cannot really confirm (AFAIK) whether it has been refurbished, or not, unless you bought it from Apple as a new device. In such case, you must have got it as new, as long as Apple considers it as new.

Cheers!

Who alleged the Otterbox was to blame? My iPhone 5 has been in an Otterbox Defender for almost 3 years. Never had that sort of issue.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Who alleged the Otterbox was to blame? My iPhone 5 has been in an Otterbox Defender for almost 3 years. Never had that sort of issue.

The Otterbox Defender :) - I am totally serious. I've never considered it as a valid Genius-supplied explanation, btw (hence "allegedly").

Cheers.

Engr Aamir Khan Niazi

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Again facing same issue :( I am facing this issue for the fourth time, is it because of iOS 9.3.1.
By doing soft reset this problem resolved for 2 to 3 days.

Facing also screen flicking issue. (Auto brightness = OFF)

Please help bdw here people do not help enough. Disappointed little bit.

Engr Aamir Khan Niazi

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Facing this issue for the fourth time in 2 weeks.
Every time it is resolved by soft reset.

Is it because of iOS 9.3.1?

Also facing screen flicking issue. (Auto Brightness = OFF)

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Aren't you inadvertently pressing power and home button all together? The flashing could be the phone taking a screenshot...

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
No I only press power button or lock my phone via assistive touch it happens.
After soft reset I don't face this issue but I am facing this issue for the fourth time in 15 days.
Didi you try a full restore as new.
If it repeats itself after that, it surely is an hardware issue.

In my country there is no Apple Store.

If you bought it via an official channel , you should have an Authorized Service Provider in your country.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I hold down Power and Home button, phone was restarted and it is resolve. My phone was flashing for milliseconds when I was locking my phone but now it is resolve.
Still worry about that it could be problem with LCD :(

What version of iOS is on the device? Sounds like an old glitch was used which changed the animation on the screen. Some who used that glitch had the issue you've described, and a reboot of the device removed the glitch and the screen flashing for a second during unlocking/locking.

Engr Aamir Khan Niazi

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
What version of iOS is on the device? Sounds like an old glitch was used which changed the animation on the screen. Some who used that glitch had the issue you've described, and a reboot of the device removed the glitch and the screen flashing for a second during unlocking/locking.

Latest version. iOS 9.3.1
Old glitch?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Latest version. iOS 9.3.1
Old glitch?

You have a current version, which is what I was wondering about. They patched the glitch in 9.3 so you can't use it any more. It was just a little trick where you could change how animations work, but if you used the glitch it caused a short flash like what you described. So some people just rebooted their phones to undo the glitch and get rid of that flash. I thought perhaps if you had 9.2 you had used that glitch to change the animations and weren't aware of the side effects (that flash).... but you didn't so never mind lol. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro