Who uses a passcode on their phone?

mr_mdavis

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I use both TouchID and an alphanumeric passcode (over 40 characters to avoid having to wipe the phone after 10 tries). I rarely have to use the passcode because of TouchID.

I am curious if anyone knows the max number of characters that can be used for an alphanumeric passcode.

FCBMunchen

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I do mainly because some coworkers of mine were taking my phone and messing with it. Finally I got fed up with it and locked them out. They still take selfies but I don't care lol.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
i use passcode and Touch ID..

I guess if u don't use your phone for any personal data, u wouldn't mind not having a passcode..

By the same token, would also then say, u also are not that concerned Apple and hacks with the FBI either, in that it wouldn't worry those users.

anon(8004893)

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have Touch ID and a complex password. The only time I need to put in the complex password is when I reboot the device and I've only done that two or three times since I've had it so it's not an issue.

Maljunulo

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I use a 12 character alpha-numeric passcode and touch ID.

It has nothing to do with having anything to "hide".

Your phone is one of your most personal of personal effects, and no one else has any right to what is on it, unless you willingly grant access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2