iPhone 6 Plus OR iPhone 6S?

anon(5519613)

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on buying my first iPhone and would like your opinion considering both the iPhone 6 Plus and 6S (not Plus) have the same price. What would you say is the best option? Battery life is really important to me (which is why the 6 Plus would be better) but do you think it's worth sacrificing for the 6S performance and the fact that it's a newer device?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Last edited:

robsavage

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I really love the size of my 6 plus. My daughter has the 6s plus and I don't notice much difference in the two. They seem to perform well. I'm sure the force touch is nice, but I haven't missed it yet :)

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on buying my first iPhone and would like your opinion considering both the iPhone 6 Plus and 6S (not Plus) have the same price. What would you say is the best option? Battery life is really important to me (which is why the 6 Plus would be better) but do you think it's worth sacrificing for the 6S performance and the fact that it's a newer device?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
my advice is slightly different: avoid the 6 Plus.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great device, but it was a "1st gen" and it has some drawbacks.
Performance wise , especially regarding the UI, it's slightly worse than typical Apple experience.
And 1 Gb of ram doesn't help.
I would buy it only if you can find it at a very big discount.

Buy an iPhone 6S, or try to find a good offer for a 6S Plus if you are looking for a 5.5" iPhone.

poakenfold

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I have a 6 plus. Its bit bigger for the pocket, practically speaking. It's your choice there isn't much difference between them while using regular apps like facebook etc. ( I don't play games ).
But here's a warning: Once you start using an iPhone 6 plus, you can never go back to a smaller screen phone. Never.
Its that addictive.

H3110HK

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I use a iPhone 6 Plus 16GB for about a year, however last week I have about 4GB left on my phone. I decided to change to a iPhone 6s 64GB.

To be honest, I like the form factor of the iPhone 6s. It feels more comfortable in my hands. It's neither too big or too small, I can reach everything easily.

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to the 5.5" screen of the iPhone 6 Plus. But the main reason of upgrading is because of space. Having using iPhone 6s for a week now, I don't use any of its feature like 3D touch and I certainly don't miss the size of a 6 Plus.

Anyway if you would like to know, I don't play any games, I only have about 18 apps on my phone, most of them are productivity app or social media.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I had 6 Plus for a year, switched to 6S recently and I definitely miss the larger 1080P screen and the amazing battery life of the 6 Plus. I think you should get a 6 Plus. It has no performance issues and works like a charm.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77