Justifying iPhone Or Samsung Android...

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
This is my personal thoughts,

Despite having iPhone 5.5 inch. I still have some looks at Samsung S7 or Edge. Note i had not look at previous Note 5 or other Android phone. Most popular trend is iPhone & Samsung in my homeland.

I used to be a fan of Nokia and back then its not an smartphone or phablet. Just mobile for calling and sms, yes playing snake and ladder game so classic. Haha... Before i move to Nokia with Windows OS. I didnt really use for long and got my 1st iPhone 4.

Man, i really love iTune back then... And jailbreaking...

I got my first phablet -> Samsung Note 2. I love it too.

1. Like mini computer -> File transfer to ES Explorer... Downloading... And customizing theme easily unlike iPhone 4 which need jailbreak and iFile for some of theme file to be edit and move to iPhone.

iPhone release their first ever phablet. I thought i would get my hand on it. But the rare supplies got me hook into Note 4.

Man i love 1440p, camera and display... And the white design of Note 4.

But my heart is still with iPhone 6 Plus. Cant wait to try 5.5 inch on iOS Software... And some apps work better on iOS. And audio too.

I finally got back to iOS. I love it... Even more when i jailbreak and install some tweaks and app -> which work on Android without rooting. Without jailbreaking, i cannot use this tweak similar to Android app.

Now i have to admit S7 low light camera does tempt me into switching. As well as the improved battery -> which however doesnt seem to be stable. Some claim longer life, some claim shorter life...

iOS -> Updates are frequent, Apple support is better, App more smooth.
Android -> More freedom... Samsung support not as good -> Doesnt have 2 year warranty.

So how do you justify these two flagship of phablet?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Both devices are great. Which one your choose depends on your personal preferences. I won't be leaving iOS anytime soon but there are plenty who feel the same about Samsung.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Which one your choose depends on your personal preferences.

I agree with this.

For myself, I changed to Apple because I want the frequent updates (both security updates and new feature updates). Apple is hands down more responsive in that area.

Samsung devices do not offer much freedom (unless you buy unlocked running pure Android). Once you root a Samsung device you've effectively voided the warranty (as with all devices) and they make it a specific point to know weather or not you've done so. As far as I know there is no way to flash with Odin without tripping the Knox Counter.

asherN

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I just moved to an iPhone 6S from a Nexus5. Mostly because that's what work hands out. First, the build feels great and the OS has a polished, finished look and feel to it. I think Android beats ios in many areas, integration with desktop, notifications, and Google Now is hard to beat.

But it does come down to personal preferences.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The S7/edge look like great phones. However I'm so entrenched in the Apple ecosystem (2 X iPad, Apple Watch, MacBook Air, Apple TV) that I'd struggle to get much use out of the S7. It just wouldn't fit in with what I have and I'd be forcing myself to use it. Besides I prefer my iPhone anyway.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
They're both very good phones. Can't go wrong w either. That's why I picked up a S6 Edge plus & 6s Plus. I'm waiting on the Note 6 now

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
it's all about personal preferences and ecosystem.
I wouldn't buy a Samsung smartphone, especially running Android, even for free, but that's just me. I don't trust Google, and my experience with Samsung was awful (I still have an S5 and an S6 in my house....).

Google ecosystem is viable on an iPhone (I regret the idea, but again that's my opinion), not the contrary.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro