I've had my 5s for over a week now and a few things are annoying me. I'm hoping I can change some settings to resolve them.
    1- on Android if I start dialing a number it will search the numbers I type and also the contacts from the letters within the dialler (sort of a t9 input from the old days). I can't seem to do this
    2- if I don't open an app from a notification it doesnt clear the notification. Also, to clear all notifications I have to tap the x then "clear". That's an extra unnecessary step
    3- if I press the home button from an app that's in a folder it only returns to the folder and not home screen
    4- some apps have swipe to the right to go back but not all. That's so annoying
    Any work arounds?
    libra89 likes this.
    03-12-2016 12:03 PM
    1. Nope. You can't do that.
    2. Yep. That's how it works.
    3. Yep. That's how it works.
    4. Talk to the app developer.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-12-2016 12:09 PM
    Pretty much no work arounds for those issues ;(
    libra89 likes this.
    03-12-2016 12:15 PM
    Sounds like Android might be your OS. None of the things you listed can be changed unfortunately. Hopefully you do find things you prefer though.
    03-15-2016 02:53 PM
    2- if I don't open an app from a notification it doesnt clear the notification. Also, to clear all notifications I have to tap the x then "clear". That's an extra unnecessary step
    I loved the notification shade in the Androids I've used, but oddly I hardly ever use it on my iPhone. After a year and a half of getting used to iOS, I almost always use the Lock Screen instead to review, open and dismiss notifications. Otherwise, once on a Home screen, I just glance at Badges to see what I need to check.

It wasn't a conscious decision, it's just the usage pattern that evolved over time for me.
    scruffypig and p3t3rPan like this.
    03-15-2016 03:13 PM
    Going to give ios another try. This time I picked up a 64gb 6s plus for a really good price that's in mint condition. I'm hoping ios will be more likeable now that I'm on a decent size screen. Just waiting for the network unlock code to come through now so I can insert my sim and use it as my daily driver. Fingers crossed for this time around
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    05-08-2017 10:41 AM
    Going to give ios another try. This time I picked up a 64gb 6s plus for a really good price that's in mint condition. I'm hoping ios will be more likeable now that I'm on a decent size screen. Just waiting for the network unlock code to come through now so I can insert my sim and use it as my daily driver. Fingers crossed for this time around
    Welcome Back to Apple and to iMore. I hope it works out for you this time around..
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-08-2017 11:25 AM
    I like my 6s Plus. I plan to keep it at least until next year. Having to tap X, then Clear, on notifications is a safety net in case someone taps the X by mistake. That doesn't bother me any. Only takes a fraction of a second. Enjoy your 6s Plus.
    p3t3rPan likes this.
    05-08-2017 11:32 AM
    How do I stop the screen from waking up when I receive a text? Id like to just get the sound until I pick up the phone. Thanks
    05-09-2017 06:45 AM
    How do I stop the screen from waking up when I receive a text? Id like to just get the sound until I pick up the phone. Thanks
    Go to Settings > Notifications > iMessage and disable Show on Lock Screen
    p3t3rPan and aximtreo like this.
    05-09-2017 06:52 AM
    Thank you. If possible id like to see notifications on the lock screen, just not have the screen automatically turn itself on as soon as one comes through
    05-09-2017 06:53 AM
    Thank you. If possible id like to see notifications on the lock screen, just not have the screen automatically turn itself on as soon as one comes through
    Unfortunately it's either / or.
    You can always swipe down to open Notification Center.
    05-09-2017 07:35 AM
    Ill just try and work with it rather than turn it off then.
    05-09-2017 08:20 AM
    Ill just try and work with it rather than turn it off then.
    I set most of my notifications to show on the notification center. Only a few, like weather, show on the lock screen. That eliminates the constant phone waking.
    libra89 and timee80 like this.
    05-09-2017 01:16 PM
    Got my 6s plus unlocked today so using as my daily driver now. When I do a backup to my pc, is it possible for it to save all passwords so I don't have to log in to everything again if I ever do a wipe and restore?
    05-19-2017 09:35 AM
    Got my 6s plus unlocked today so using as my daily driver now. When I do a backup to my pc, is it possible for it to save all passwords so I don't have to log in to everything again if I ever do a wipe and restore?
    Yes, simply enable encrypted syncing and define a password and you're good to go.
    05-19-2017 03:55 PM
    Thanks. That's great
    05-19-2017 04:03 PM