Genius Bar quality of repairs

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So now that Apple does screen repairs/ replacements, instead of swapping out phones under warranty, what do you guys think about the quality of the repair?

I took one of the phones on my account to Apple genius because of a screen issue and they swapped out the screen and did a horrible job. It wasn't sitting right and they chipped a tiny piece while installing the screen. Before leaving the store I brought it to their attention that the phone came back out in worse shape then when i brought it in for service. Long story short they tried saying the iPhone 6 was bent and so that's why the screen isn't sitting right. Because they failed to notice it being bent before the repair they did a phone swap like they used to.

I know of all places the Genius Bar is the one place you can truly trust repairs on iOS devices, but are they really? What do you guys think? This was the first issue I had with them and I usually have great experiences there.

I have an appointment with them in a few days for a different phone. (My iPhone 6s Plus screen issue) I know I shouldn't be worried about the repair but I am..

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have always been happy with my experiences at the Genius Bar. That said, I've never had them replace a screen for me. They've been good about taking care of me, so I will continue to use them.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have had the occasion to use the Genius Bar and have had good results and customer service. They have always done solid repairs for me.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Never has an issue with them. They repaired my 6S because something was wrong with the home button & it was perfect. The times my son cracked the screen on his 6 they swapped them because of a slight bend.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You can't generalize on this.
It depends on the store. As usual there are good technicians and bad technicians.

You can't generalize, per se, but Apple maintains pretty strict quality control standards. I'm sure they have a system that holds technicians accountable for the work they do. That, combined with the fact that they only work on Apple products, makes me more comfortable bringing my devices to the Apple Store instead of a third-party repair shop. They haven't disappointed me yet!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
You can't generalize, per se, but Apple maintains pretty strict quality control standards. I'm sure they have a system that holds technicians accountable for the work they do. That, combined with the fact that they only work on Apple products, makes me more comfortable bringing my devices to the Apple Store instead of a third-party repair shop. They haven't disappointed me yet!
I beg to differ...
Don't get me wrong: they haven't disappointed me too, yet, and I would only rely on them for any repair.
But I've heard stories about very poor servicing from people I trust. A friend of mine passed a nightmare with an iMac screen replacement (long story short, 3 replacements, 1 on site attempt, problem still not solved).

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I beg to differ...
Don't get me wrong: they haven't disappointed me too, yet, and I would only rely on them for any repair.
But I've heard stories about very poor servicing from people I trust. A friend of mine passed a nightmare with an iMac screen replacement (long story short, 3 replacements, 1 on site attempt, problem still not solved).

For sure. I've also heard horror stories. But if I'm placing bets I would put my money the Apple Store versus other repair shops. Like you said, it really depends on the technician. My hope is that Apple would spot a shoddy repair job compared to competitors.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73