Anyone plan on buying the 4 inch model if announced?

dominion1

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
With phones getting bigger and bigger, more and more people have gotten to really embrace the bigger screens. They are great to look at and watch video but I just find them a little hard to tote around without getting in the way. I've been an apple user in the past but went to Android years ago where I was a Sony Z compact user. Love the size vs screen. I actually find the 6s a little big with unnecessary bezels. I recently picked up my son's old ip5 and I'm finding myself liking it alot. It's a little slow and battery stinks but with the posible announcement of a 5se I'm very interested with its supposed 6s internals. Anyway, is anyone else interested or even excited about this size phone agian or do you consider it a step back?

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone plan on buying the 4" model if announced?

Welcome to iMore

I agree and plan on upgrading my 5s to the new 4 inch model as I'm likely what I heard so far

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

I like it, but probably not instantly. I'll wait.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I would wait to see battery life and then give it consideration. That is just me.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I've already gotten accustomed to the bigger screen. No turning back for me!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me

I don't think I could go back to the smaller screen. It seems almost claustrophobic now. But I'll use it for a few weeks and see if that changes. The human brain is remarkably pliable. And it resets normal fairly quickly.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

The larger screen is the only reason I use the iPhone as my daily phone. So no I won't be getting a smaller iPhone if released.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

I am going to the Plus next phone, but my sons will most likely go to 5se. I've got use to the 6 and now it's time for the Plus. Age and eyes are dictating my decision. Price and size is dictating my sons decision.

dominion1

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Anyone plan on buying the 4" model if announced?

Thanks for the replies. I can afford any of the models but I just prefer a smaller manageable phone. I see many older people still using a 5 or 5s. If you can't see right, ain't nothing gonna help without glasses lol. I think the reason why people would buy would be for the manageable size and I'm guessing Apple is on the same train of thought. Just don't know if this will be enough for it to be successful. My guess is that if it's spec'd and marketed as "no compromise" with excellent feedback, the nostalgic will be tempted to buy and many may be tempted when they realize it's no 5c as in low to mid tier.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the replies. I can afford any of the models but I just prefer a smaller manageable phone. I see many older people still using a 5 or 5s. If you can't see right, ain't nothing gonna help without glasses lol. I think the reason why people would buy would be for the manageable size and I'm guessing Apple is on the same train of thought. Just don't know if this will be enough for it to be successful. My guess is that if it's spec'd and marketed as "no compromise" with excellent feedback, the nostalgic will be tempted to buy and many may be tempted when they realize it's no 5c as in low to mid tier.

I'll bet it's a huge seller overseas, especially in areas like India that can't typically afford the more expensive models.

dominion1

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Anyone plan on buying the 4" model if announced?

I'll bet it's a huge seller overseas, especially in areas like India that can't typically afford the more expensive models.

India needs a $250 model to sell to the masses so people can afford it. The iPhone 5se or whatever they call it is going to be $550 I think which brings it out of the budget category imo. I mean this IS Apple where talking about. Again I'm not sure that this is going to be as watered down as some think like having the a9/m9 with all the trimmings sans 3d touch, improved camara, nfc for mobile payments ect..
If its like a 5c, I'd be pissed.lol. Btw, the 5c wasn't cheap either..

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

India needs a $250 model to sell to the masses so people can afford it. The iPhone 5se or whatever they call it is going to be $550 I think which brings it out of the budget category imo. I mean this IS Apple where talking about. Again I'm not sure that this is going to be as watered down as some think like having the a9/m9 with all the trimmings sans 3d touch, improved camara, nfc for mobile payments ect..
If its like a 5c, I'd be pissed.lol. Btw, the 5c wasn't cheap either..

Good points. And very true about the 5c! My wife had one and loved it and we still have some users around here that stand by their 5c. I think they're crazy.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I'll be staying with my 6S plus also, but I would like to see the bezel reduced in size.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I'll be sticking with the Plus for. T daily driver as long as Apple has it. My nails are sometimes too long for the 6s I use for work, so I know it'll be brutal trying to type on a 4" screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro