Would you want 6 inch plus size of iPhone?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much this, EXCEPT, I hope they don't remove the headphone jack, as that will screw me for listening to music in my car.

There may have been a little sarcasm mixed in with my headphone jack comment. I completely agree that removing it would be a mistake and I know that Apple has too much of a stake in the audio game to leave us wired folks hanging. Even if they remove the jack they will include an adapter. They have to, at least for now. Mark my words.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ah, gotcha! :)

The problem with an adapter is that I bet it won't charge my phone AND connect it to my car stereo so I can use my GPS system... It'll do one or the other. For clarification, I obviously mean that my car stereo has a 3.5mm input for a wired sound connection and I use the car's 12v socket with a USB to car charging plug and lightning cable.

So basically, i'll either have to get a dedicated GPS unit (ugh, hate that idea for the added inconvenience of having to mount and unmount it before/after use to avoid theft) or keep my iPhone 6 until it becomes obsolete, then switch to Android. Either way, it's a lose-lose for me.

Still, we don't know what the future will bring, so I shall just keep watching the skies.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't mind, as long as they don't make the phone bigger. Like someone mentioned, the note is way lighter and bigger, although it doesn't seem like it.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Probably not, that is just way to big. I'd probably get the small 4" iphone next time I am in the market for one; Until now I will keep my 6 plus.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I think the Note 5 form factor and screen size to bezel ratio is an example for a future iPhone. Not saying that Apple should copy the Note 5, but consider shrinking the 6S/6+ bezels where possible with the current 5.5" screen. That could be a nicer overall size, and easier to manage with one hand, and pocket.

arty37

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I agree, but Apple(The Grand Wizards) probably wouldnt! For as tecnologically advanced as they want us to believe they are...something about moving a bit faster than their competetion isnt in their vocabulary. there are a few devices that have the same screen size, but overall form factor is smaller. Not to mention...the fact that they, "Apple" cant seem to get the antenna issue resolved. Android seems to have that figuered, why cant Apple??? Another thing I noticed just recently.......I picked up an LG V10, very good device I might add...That device is a "true smartphone" to the essence of what a smartphone should be.....The V10 gives the user options without the need for any "rooting" or in this case "jailbreaking"!! I was able to set a defult for my streaming music, LG offers a place where the user can go and literally change the theme of individual users phone to something more to the individuals liking.....and a host of other goodies that one would think Apple could have come up with so as to diminish the want for jailbreaking. Just a few things that out there that make the "illustrious" iphone less "shiney" and "perfect"

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the Note 5 form factor and screen size to bezel ratio is an example for a future iPhone. Not saying that Apple should copy the Note 5, but consider shrinking the 6S/6+ bezels where possible with the current 5.5" screen. That could be a nicer overall size, and easier to manage with one hand, and pocket.

^this

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I very briefly had a Nexus 6 (6, NOT 6p), which had a 6" screen.......and I -----LOVED----- the size of the screen!

Not as bright and dazzling as the Samsungs, including even my older Note 3 that it replaced. And the colors weren't as natural or the white balance as nice, bright, and white as the iPhone6 I have now. But despite all that, damn it all anyway, in the final analysis, the Nexus 6 has been my favorite screen on any phone I've owned so far! Part of that is due to the crispness of the QHD resolution...but even more, because of THE SIZE!!!!

So, yes! I would love a 6" iPhone. I'm not sure how much bigger than that I'd want to go as "bigger is better" is definitely a finite proposition....but I certainly think the current 5.5" is quite a bit lower than that hypothetical metaphorical ceiling.

Now, you can file this next bit under "so unfeasible that there's no way it'd EVER happen" pipe-dreaming, but what I'd personally love to see is a whole spread of sizes to appeal to everyone's taste. Let's say every size denomination in 0.5" increments between the iPhone4 small 3.5" all the way up to a 6" Nexy 6 class mammoth, or maybe even a 6.5" Note Mega caliber of ridiculousness!

I understand exactly why that'd never work. It'd fragment the market way too much. Each model would cost too much to make, and then sell too little to recoup. Plus then you'd have to make sure everything looks right on 6 or even 7 different screen sizes instead of just the two they have now. And it'd run the risk of confusing and alienating the consumers especially with as cluttered as it'd make the sales floor in the Apple Stores.

So, again, I'm not actually suggesting they do this. Please don't think that. I'm simply saying that I personally would LOVE this scenario!!!!!! Love it! Love it! Love it!

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I think the 6s plus is as big as I want to go. I love the screen size and think it's perfect. I'm saying this now but I will probably jump on it if it ever comes out lol.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I think 4.7 and 5.5" are the sweet spot for displays... Apple could improve the form factor by reducing the bezels (without removing the home button !) a little bit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2