Considering moving to an iphone

DavelinaJolie

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking around for a new phone on contract (EE, UK) and the options I'm interested in are LG G4, Nexus 6P and iPhone (given the contract cost, likely the 5s at best).

I've pretty much ruled out G4 because of the battery life not being what is hope. But my main concern with the iPhone is moving out of the android ecosystem which has been my mainstay since I moved from a BlackBerry curve to a Nexus 4. In particular i use Google calendar for all my work shifts and other appts. Plus there's all the other Google stuff like gmail and whatnot (although my main email is hotmail).

So what kind of integration could I hope for in terms of these things from an iphone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With the iPhone, you are able to access all of your Google stuff. In fact, your Google items work well with the iPhone, in my experience. Having said that, whether the iPhone itself is for you can only be answered by you.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking around for a new phone on contract (EE, UK) and the options I'm interested in are LG G4, Nexus 6P and iPhone (given the contract cost, likely the 5s at best).

I've pretty much ruled out G4 because of the battery life not being what is hope. But my main concern with the iPhone is moving out of the android ecosystem which has been my mainstay since I moved from a BlackBerry curve to a Nexus 4. In particular i use Google calendar for all my work shifts and other appts. Plus there's all the other Google stuff like gmail and whatnot (although my main email is hotmail).

So what kind of integration could I hope for in terms of these things from an iphone?

If you went with the iPhone that would be awesome but what made you look past the s6 galaxy out of curiosity?

DavelinaJolie

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
If you went with the iPhone that would be awesome but what made you look past the s6 galaxy out of curiosity?

I have never gotten on with Samsung's android skin. Far too bloated.

Is there an app which offers a Google calendar like widget for iPhone? I like being able to flick to the next home screen and seeing my calendar there.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have never gotten on with Samsung's android skin. Far too bloated.

Is there an app which offers a Google calendar like widget for iPhone? I like being able to flick to the next home screen and seeing my calendar there.
No.... I know exactly what you mean by the scheduler as I have it on my s6 as a full page calendar. You can get notification widgets possibly but not like you can on the android

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
There is the Google Calendar App for iOS. No widget as you'd find with Android given how iOS handle/support widgets differently.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had an iphone going on one year. It was my first iphone ever. Previously I was on android since the original droid, so I was heavily vested with Google. I don't have any qualms with any of the Google services on iPhone. In fact some apps work better on iPhone. You have 14 days to try out an iphone if you don't like it. But its so smooth, to the point, and simple you'll have hard time going back unless you miss customization.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
If you want to spend your life dicking with your phone go android. If you want to get on with your life with no stoopid time wasting comparisons get iOS and relax
It's advice like this that makes it difficult for people to ask a question and get the proper results they require. I don't think iphone is designed for the "get on with your life" as you can see many people here spend days and days changing wallpapers, swapping cases, colors etc.... because android allows widgets I don't think means you spend that much more time on or playing with your device

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
A quick swipe down from the top bar on the iPhone would reveal any calendar appointments you have for the day. Not as intuitive as an Android widget but it will at least give you an idea of what your day looks like without having to go into your calendar application completely.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
IMO Google apps are well integrated on the iPhone. If you get an iPhone you have a chance to compare the native iOS app to the Google version.

WaveGod

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have had an iPhone 5s for about a month now switching over from a BlackBerry Q10 and a Nexus 4 before that. I am happy with my decision and transferring everything over has been fairly smooth. You shouldn't have any problems bringing over your calendar or your contacts over from your android phone. All you have to do is log into your Google account and set everything up.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
If widgets and launchers aren't a big deal to you. I would say give it a try. I use iOS, android, and WP 8.1 and as always, each have positives.
As others said, google and iPhone get along great. Every single google app made is available for iPhone and High quality.
Hotmail works great with native email app. as does nearly All emails from any provider.
Microsoft has All of their apps on iPhone too. All high quality and Way better than the WP versions.
The 5S is only a 4" screen. Is that ok? the 6P is 5.7" for some, that can be the deciding factor.
I will say the one handed use of the iPhone, is pretty great.

wsmather

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
"I've had an iphone going on one year. It was my first iphone ever. Previously I was on android since the original droid, so I was heavily vested with Google. I don't have any qualms with any of the Google services on iPhone. In fact some apps work better on iPhone. You have 14 days to try out an iphone if you don't like it. But its so smooth, to the point, and simple you'll have hard time going back unless you miss customization."

My experience exactly! As a former Android user of the Moto X 2013 (which I quite like and still have), I am quite pleased with the user experience offered by the Iphone 6s. I remain heavily invested in the Google ecosystem. Apple and Google get along quite nicely.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Definitely go for the Nexus 6P, it's a much better device compared to the iPhone 5S. If you really want iOS then go with the iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner