Anyone using both Iphone and Android?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll admit Android has some very cool devices but not cool enough to peel me away from Apple any time soon. All Apple all the time over here

lkveggie

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I test out devices for Verizon, so I almost always have an Android as a second phone along with my 6S. I'm not a fan of the OS to be honest, which is why my iPhone is my daily. But always fun to see the new features on the Androids!

shaolinfinest

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I actually carry both an Android and an iPhone. Currently I have an iPhone 6 Plus and a Samsung Edge 6 Plus. I am also a person who just enjoys having different phones and trying them out. Tempted to pick up the Blackberry Priv next. I do swap my sims out when testing out different things because I want to see how a particular phone operates as my main device. I used the Samsung as my main when I first got it and when I tried out the Samsung Gear S2 watch.They have their pros and cons. Sometimes I lean more towards carrying Android as my main but what stops me is my friends who use iMessage over seas and the fact that I have an Macbook Pro Retina, iMac, Apple TV 2nd Gen and the new Apple TV. I really like the simplicity of the camera on my iPhone but I love the quality of it on my Samsung.

Dinadivas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
last few year, i like to test the device out,
i always ready for next big thing, and i am eager to know what is the next thing will hit the market..

I used both before Iphone and android
i'm having Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Nexus, Galaxy tab 4, Galaxy S4 mini, and blackberry 9810 and 9700 and Iphone 4s, then I moved to 5, 5s, and now Iphone 6,

i tried to keep both of them but sometime, it cause me trouble if i leave them somewhere and lost one of them, i like the simplicity of the feature and UI from the iphone and also
it is easy for me synchronise with my macbook -

tdeljr

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Do you consider either of these phones your daily driver?

The nexus 6 has been my daily , but I just received my 6s+ today and it is definitely now my daily. After using the nexus I just couldn't use a phone as small as the iPhone 6.

Last edited:

iFrosty

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the nexus 6P and the iPhone 6s +. (Sadly) It's a back and forth battle between both phones. I love android for how powerful the OS is in comparison to iOS. However in my experience jailbreaking iOS, I can make it ALMOST or AS powerful as android.

Where one lacks, the other picks up:
With Android (non nexus devices) - Software updates , sub-par apps, having to reboot more. You can forget about timely updates, let alone how long you will even receive updates. Some apps are rubbish in comparison to the iOS counterpart. Aesthetically they are not on the same level as iOS. You can thank apple for its strict(er) app guidelines.

With iOS (non jailbroken) - Custom notification sounds, sound profiles (i.e.: each consistent sound, like an alarm or phone call, has its own rules to follow regardless of phone state), downloading from the web.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use to have both. I had a Galaxy S5 as my business device & my Plus was my daily driver. I upgraded both when the new iPhones were released. So my galaxy has been replaced with a 6s. The galaxy was definitely a nice phone but it started to become frustrating for me. The battery wasn't the best & having to switch back and forth to Samsung Knox was aggravating my soul. With the iPhone if I add my enterprise email & other services, the phone automatically reverts to my company security settings. Not the case with Samsung, so I got rid of it to keep my sanity.

I've had a ton of devices over the years but for the last 3 years the iPhone has been my daily driver.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
6 Plus and Note 5 here. Sometimes switch daily. Love both phones.
6 Plus was too valuable to keep as a second phone. So I sold it for $520 and bought the Note 5. I've owned both long enough to know what I prefer. I have always owned iPad tablets though. I have a Note 8 tablet but hardly ever use it. I like the large format Air over Android tablets.

Ryan Seth

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I own three smartphones with different platforms: Windows, Android and iOS. After spending so many time jumping back and forth, I now prefer the iPhone and Windows over Android.

Jamescunni

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I love smartphones, I get almost every new one that hits the market and always ready for the "Next Big Thing"... I keep the phone for a few weeks or month and then return it, sell it, or somehow recoup my investment.

No matter what phone I am currently playing with, My Iphone 6+ is always with me. The thought of not having it is scary. I mention this because on the Android Central Forums, people are always talking about this phone or that phone and how Awesome/Terrible it is. but so many of them also keep an iphone in their arsenal.... I am wondering if the Imore forum people keep a "android" around as a backup phone?

I think that Apple fans are more invested in Apple than Android fans are invested in Android..

Love to hear your thoughts

Thanks

Using iPhone and BlackBerry Priv have to say in my mind as a OS iOS is slicker and more intuitive for me only really got the Priv because it's a BlackBerry but definitely think IOS is better then Android

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6S, Android and Windows Phone currently. I have tried using Windows or Android as my daily, but I keep going back to iPhone. It is very solid and doesn't make my blood boil like the others.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Have used Android in the past, mostly Nexus devices. I enjoyed them and they are very capable. Ultimately, iPhone just works better for me overall.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I used to switch between my iPhone 5s and Moto X 2013 pretty regularly, but still preferred the 5s. Now I have the Moto X 2015 and rarely ever use my iPhone. Once every few weeks or so I'll pop my SIM in my iPhone for a day just to change things up a bit, but that never lasts longer than a day. I love my Moto X.

I use my iPad Air 2 daily, so I still get my iOS fix from that.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Have an Amazon Fire Tablet with Google Services and an iPhone 6S Plus. Android is used for gaming personally, IOS is better as a daily smartphone device. But for pure entertainment and games I prefer Android. Especially since with Google Opinion Rewards Credit I can buy apps, games movies and TV shows with free credit from Google.

hylex

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I am . Nexus 6p and a 6+.

For me the 6p is definitely a better phone for my own use, since i frankly prefer Android. On a typical day i have 5 push accounts which need monitoring for work, hours of slack use, lots more of whatsapp and tidal streaming. It has a fairly smooth OS and great build quality and does everything i need it to do, with stellar battery life

The iPhone is just a backup phone for now, but it fulfilled the same role as above without issues. I was however bored stiff with the OS.

Hectorius

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Same here, I used to change at least once a week..but it's been about a month since the last time I switched, Note 5 is sitting in its box arm..