Went caseless today

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Careless from day 1. Not a single issue or drop! Phone looks new. I get to enjoy the phone the way it was intended not preserve it for the next guy!!!

chasvs

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried it caseless for the first couple days after I got my new iPhone 6s+. It slipped out of my hands a couple times and I almost destroyed a brand new phone! Sure, I'd like to enjoy the iPhone like it was designed, but it's just too slippery for me and the thought of ruining an expensive device like this is just not worth it! I do use a very thin Carbon Fiber shell case, so I get both protection and a thin experience from it.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I got my SE yesterday and I slipped it into a random case that I got for the 5s. I tried to hold out with the protective films but I just can't. However, it's on for the front though until my screen protector and case come in today. I am surviving work by keeping my phone in my pocket for once. I like to keep my stuff as nice as I possibly can, or with minimal dents.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You are a brave soul! When I got my iPhone 6s, I moved from the extra bulky Otterbox Defender to a clear case and glass screen protector. I thought THAT was taking a walk on the wild side. I don't know that I could ever go caseless, but I get how awesome that could be.... if I had the guts! :rotfl:

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I've bought about 3-4 different cases and have returned them all. I love the SE naked.

I have the saddle brown Apple case coming tomorrow as well as a few Vans cases coming from China. I know I should have a case on is phone, it just feels so good without one lol.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I've bought about 3-4 different cases and have returned them all. I love the SE naked.

I have the saddle brown Apple case coming tomorrow as well as a few Vans cases coming from China. I know I should have a case on is phone, it just feels so good without one lol.

Do you mind if you tell me where you got the Vans cases in China. I live here in China

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

What are your thoughts on a clear case? Would it be a good inbetween?

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
What are your thoughts on a clear case? Would it be a good inbetween?

The only clear case I've ever bought and liked was the Speck clear candyshell. I bought one for my wife's 6s+ and I love it.

Every other clear case that I've bought were the cheap ones that yellow over time and they all end up in a drawer at some point lol.

I was at Best Buy last night and saw the Speck clear candyshell for the SE but couldn't pull the trigger.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was seriously considering buying a clear case to show off my Space Gray 6s Plus, but I haven't got around to it. I purchased two for my 5s and both turned yellow over time.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I was seriously considering buying a clear case to show off my Space Gray 6s Plus, but I haven't got around to it. I purchased two for my 5s and both turned yellow over time.
Yep.
They also tend to accumulate specks of dust, quite visible due to their clear nature.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep.
They also tend to accumulate specks of dust, quite visible due to their clear nature.

I find the the cheap clear cases definitely allow specks of dust and dirt in, but the better quality clear cases do not. It's been my experience that they all turn yellowish at some point.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
To add. The Speck was the only clear case that I know of that doesn't let dust in.

Man, I should've bought it lol

Ooh really? I'll look into it. I need to find some magical way to let the color show through in a case, but also not be a sour experience. Really thinking of trying the Ringke mirrored case for my SE. The edges are still clear but the back is like a mirror, and it takes after the colors of the SE.

Edit: I forgot to add shock absorbing too! I don't drop my phone much, but it would be nice to have something that would for when I do drop it.

Last edited:

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Decided to go careless on my 6S Plus. Taking the leap. Wish me luck haha. I enjoy the phone so much more caseless. If I break it, I break it. It's not the end of the world.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Decided to go careless on my 6S Plus. Taking the leap. Wish me luck haha. I enjoy the phone so much more caseless. If I break it, I break it. It's not the end of the world.

Good luck! I went caseless and it was alright, got a little nick on the back but it's cook

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Well, speaking about a phone costing about €900, I really wouldn't say that...

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

I found my 6 plus to be a too slipperly, so I opted for a case that gave me some grip and protected it. Now that I'm on the SE, I still use a case, though I got one that does not detract from its great design

Good luck on going naked :)