Went caseless today

jsing2010

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
And it was awesome to finally experience my iPhone the way it was meant to be experienced. Unfortunately I'm going to have to put a case back on it but it was awesome to feel the phone without a case or screen protector. I'm just glad i didn't drop it and shatter the screen like my buddy did.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Occasionally I go case less. I agree that the phone feels much better that way. But I worry too much to do it for too long. I need the protection. I enjoy my devices remaining in perfect condition.

On a side note, it's funny that when I type caseless my iPhone auto corrects to careless lol.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my 6s without a case for a few weeks now. I like it without the case so much more. When I bought AppleCare + the other day, I was getting out of my truck at the mall and my iPhone goes flying onto the asphalt, hit two corners then landed on its screen. For a moment I was terrified but it hit like a brick, And sure enough it is fine. Just a little scratch on the top left corner. I have a tempered glass screen protector and it was fine too. The iPhone 6s feels sturdy enough to trust without a case, in my opinion.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that I really like cases anymore. I like the natural feel and color of my devices. But yes I have dropped one with the case on and it still shattered. Remember "none case " devices? It's a billion dollar industry.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
What kind of case were you using? I use Otter box Commuter strictly.

Apple leather case. I'm not looking for extreme protection and focus more on design than function. I'm usually pretty careful but I was sitting at my kitchen table in the morning and it slipped out of my sweatpants pocket.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I always go caseless when I have a Glass Screen Protector on it. Nothing to worry about.

The aluminum body doesn't get scratch? I saw several scratch test for the iPhone 6s on YouTube and while the front screen can resist daily contacts with keys and coins, the aluminum back fail the test. How is the back of your phone holding on regarding scratches and dents.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The aluminum body doesn't get scratch? I saw several scratch test for the iPhone 6s on YouTube and while the front screen can resist daily contacts with keys and coins, the aluminum back fail the test. How is the back of your phone holding on regarding scratches and dents.

Nope! My iPhone 6 looks just as new when it came out of the box last year. I'm very careful with my devices. The camera lens lost it's blackish color though.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Nope! My iPhone 6 looks just as new when it came out of the box last year. I'm very careful with my devices. The camera lens lost it's blackish color though.

Hum... I'm not that brave to try case free she out of my bed, resale value for buying the iPhone 7 is important for me. Back to iPhone 5s, I decided to go case free to enjoy the feel and the design each time, it fall of my hand onto a playground 5days after buying it and got ugly dents all over it. I nearly went mad. Eventually I lived with it like that, but also I learned my lesson that day. I don't trust the grip of my hands over a naked iPhone.
Glad it's working out for you guys.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Decided to go out and shop for a while. I decided I would go caseless and I did. My phone was looking sharp. I was very careful and I had a great time. But back to the case for tomorrow. Had a blast.